Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

public liability insurance

Options
  • 30-07-2019 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

I need insurance for public liability while doing photography work. I am hoping some of the pros here might advise me as to what they use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Currently with OBF Insurance Group. Happy with the quote I got from them and have a good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What is your public liability? do you generally throw your camera at people in order to get a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Bluefoam wrote: »
    What is your public liability? do you generally throw your camera at people in order to get a photo?

Don't be stupid I obviously have it connected to a a piece of string.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Bacchus wrote: »
    Currently with OBF Insurance Group. Happy with the quote I got from them and have a good reputation.

thanks Bacchus for the more constructive answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I have mine with O'Loughlin Insurance Group in Swords

Bluefoam wrote: »

Some venues wont allow you to work without showing proof of PL cover, and given the current claims culture I think you would be insane to work without having cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm with O'Loughlin as well. I've never been asked to show it anywhere I've had to shoot though.
    I've a friend who uses Keystone. He's well known for being able to source the cheapest option so they might be worth a shot.

Mine's up next month so I'm going to shop around this year after using the same guys for 4 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

I have mine with O Loughlin also and have had to produce it (in advance) on numerous occasions to access pretty much any OPW (st Stephens green, inveigh gardens, etc) or local authority sites such as Malahide Castle, etc..

It also covers all my gear while outside the office and back at base.

Its a no brainer and also a legitimate business expense if you're a pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Another for OBF, I think they offer probably the most comprehensive coverage in Ireland.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I just switched to OBF as they offered a lower excess and automatic cover for hire/loaned equipment which my previous insurer just discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Just being nosey, but what sort of ballpark is the premium in for the cover?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

McGaggs wrote: »
    Just being nosey, but what sort of ballpark is the premium in for the cover?
    Totally depends on the value of your equipment but expect to pay between €300 - €600

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Davio

Is it true that the amount of public liability indemnity should not be less than €2,600,000?

Advertisement