Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Win 50e! Parents needed for research on Parental Mental Health & Resilience

• 05-11-2018 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Dear Parents,

How do you cope with the challenges life throws you? Would you like the chance to win a 50e voucher?

I'm carrying out research with the HSE & UCD to find out how parents manage your emotions during stressful times. What helps and what doesn't? What helps some parents develop resilience while others are more vulnerable to mental health difficulties.

If we can identify what helps parents, we'll have a better idea of how to design services to better support parents.

If you have 25 minutes to spare, I would massively appreciate if you could fill out an anonymous survey!

http://www.ucd.ie/psychology/pram/

Would love to find out how you're doing!

Thank you!!!

Aileen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Just to warn ye, you only get to enter the draw if you agree to do a Skype interview .... they only tell you this at the very end of a very long boring drawn-out questionnaire, should really tell you at the start. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Just to warn ye, you only get to enter the draw if you agree to do a Skype interview .... they only tell you this at the very end of a very long boring drawn-out questionnaire, should really tell you at the start. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I’m a sucker for a chance to win a one for all voucher, not a hope I’m doing a Skype interview tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cailinor

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your interest in the research and for carrying out the survey. Some people enjoy the space for reflecting upon their psychological processes while for others it might not be as much fun, so apologies if it wasn't, but I really appreciate our participation - It's so valuable and every single response is helpful in representing parent's experiences and for us to understand what you need, how better to support parents.

To clarify - upon completion of the survey, you are automatically entered into the draw for the 50e voucher - don't worry:)!

There is an option to win a second voucher of 50e if you want to do a phone/skype interview separately, but there is absolutely no obligation to further participate of course and I would be delighted if people take part in the survey only - That's the priority.

Thanks again for your participation -greatly appreciated!

Any questions or if further info is needed, please don't hesitate to get in touch:)!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cailinor wrote: »

I'm carrying out research with the HSE & UCD
    OK.

Advertisement