Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIMM Dublin Audition+Course:Drums

• 20-08-2019 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

One of my CAO choices is Commercial modern music at BIMM Dublin/ TUD. I hope to do the course in Drums, but I am extremely worried about the audition and overall suitability to the course. I have emailed the college a few times, but I don't want to bother them further by asking minor questions. I am completely self taught, and play out of pure enjoyment. I'm very weak regarding rudiments and naming/playing different grooves. I fear that I will be asked to display a groove/rudiment and I won't know how. I also can not read drum music.

Am I too much of a 'casual drummer' for this course? Are the standards very high? I plan to audition for both the Degree and the Diploma. Also, does your chosen song piece have to be on a backing track or can you just play over the original recording?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement