Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College drop out - can I study again any bypass years I already did?

• 28-11-2018 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I stupidly dropped out of ITB (Institute of Technology Blanchardstown) in 2011. I was in my 3rd of 4 years studying a business degree.

I am thinking of going back to study business part time and was wondering if any one could advise me as to whether or not the 2 years I passed can be off set against the new course or do I need to start all over again. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Contact whatever college you are considering and see what they say.
    Back in the day I did a cert and then a diploma. When they working and after about 10yrs out decided that I wanted a degree. Contacted my old college who said I could drop into 2nd year. Contacted another who said 3rd year. Finally found one who said I could get into the final year(4th). Really though it felt to me as if I was doing 4 years worth of work in one. Managed to get my degree and a great result but boy was it hard hard work. Never actually used that degree as I only used it to get into a different course.

Advertisement