So my partner is allergic to sesame, not totally life threatening but bad stuff will happen over a fairly short space of time if she happens to ingest some of it.

This means at home we avoid Chinese takeaways etc, but we're spending some time soon in Taipei and Hong Kong, so we were thinking about how best to translate to Taiwanese waiters and chefs...

I can obviously just type Sesame Allergy into Google Translate and print the result, but wondering if this is the true way of translating? And would it be even truly possible in a kitchen full of sesame oils etc to avoid the stuff

Do the two locations use different traditional Chinese characters?