Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny/C*ap Nicknames you've come across

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Sly rasher - the persons surname was Cunningham.

I know of a lad in the sticks whose surname is Malone. I'm not sure of his first name, but everyone calls him "Ho". Thought it was gas when I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,451 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Stereo , stole them in the 80's
    Worked with a lad called Dildo , no idea why but everyone calls him it,
    Worked with another lad called Grem , said he looked like a Gremlin when he was young ,

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Kit kat. Missing a finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Grew up with a lad called Farto, you can guess where he got the name.
    Also went to school with a chap called Highland, everyone called him Toffee

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Played hurling with a mixed race lad when i was a kid, everyone called him Choc Ice.

Another guy who's surname was Lamb nicknamed Chops

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Worked with a man called "Stone faced", always had a stern look about him. his son

started in the job, had a touch of acne, so was christened "Pebble Dash".

Another bloke was called "Sheeps head" because he had really short curly hair.

Manager was know as "matt the rat" for obvious reasons, one of the charge hands

was called "The wankey bull", never found out why.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Do you notice women never give each other nicknames?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Played under age Football with a lad called sewerage because of his terrible acne

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Had a teacher who always had bananas in his bag, rumours got around it was because of a medical condition. He was called Banana Wario because he also looked like Wario.

Himself I sometimes call Burger because you can easily turn his last name into it. Needless to say he hates it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

was a teacher in my secondary school in the early 90s called Block, back in the 70s he threatened a student physically telling him hed knock his block off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Used to know a fella who was called bungalow because he had nothing upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Was a lad from around Longford nicknamed “The Sham with the Golden Boots” never knew why. Was in school with another lad called “Cornflake” because he suffered from eczema.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Exiled1

Jockey Niall 'Boots' Madden, his son Niall is 'Slippers'.
    Kid I knew was 'Spoons', his little brother became 'Teaspoons'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It was hardly Pissy Fletcher from Mullingar was it?

Fella of about 30.

I was acquainted with him in college, we knew him as either 'pissy' or 'piss'. No idea where it stemmed from and never had the courage to ask. He was a volatile individual.

Could possibly be! This fella was from near Finnea. He was a bit older than me so could be in his early 30s by now

He was into racing, he had a Granada being prepped in his garage, seemed pleasant enough when I dealt with him though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I once bought parts for a car from a fellow in Westmeath called Pissy. Couldn't understand and still can't to this day figure out why he's called that!

Dalymount Park is on the site of what used to be known as "Pisser Dignam's Field".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Square

The lads head was massive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

neris wrote: »
    was a teacher in my secondary school in the early 90s called Block, back in the 70s he threatened a student physically telling him hed knock his block off.

School in Lucan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

We have a friend called Mahogany.
    Story goes he is allergic to hard wood because he stays away from bar counters when it's his round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

OOnegative wrote: »
    Was a lad from around Longford nicknamed “The Sham with the Golden Boots” never knew why. Was in school with another lad called “Cornflake” because he suffered from eczema.

Knew a guy called Denny growing up with eczema...they called him Rasher ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Fella from Cork called John Twomey who was nicknamed “Socket”. I went for years before it clicked, I thought he was an electrician or something. I used deliver milk to a fella in Passage West called “Fat Joe” because he was absolutely identical to the rapper, it was mad.

I was called “the Jew” due to my swarthy appearance, circumcision and support for Spurs. Which is fair enough to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was going to a mates house party years ago. He had another mate who was getting dropped off at the head of the road by bus. So my mate asked would I pick up bus mate.
    No bother what's his name says I.
    Turf!

Maybe a little off topic but I worked with a guy always called Junior by his family because he had the same first name as his da. Thing is he swears he was almost 13 years old and making his confirmation before he realised his real name wasn't actually Junior at all. At that point he was already introducing himself as Junior for years and didn't fancy the fact that it wasn't his name. He continues to use Junior as his real name today, now well into his 40s.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Exiled1 wrote: »
    Jockey Niall 'Boots' Madden, his son Niall is 'Slippers'.

Similarly, I know of a chap called ' Star '

His son is called ' Twinkle '

Twinkle twinkle little star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

A member of a community who used to travel around in his van excessively fast, christened schuknacker.

A bloke who was obsessed with earthing and bonding at work, christened James Bond.

Eh, "The Bungalow" is one you will hear alot around the place. Nothing upstairs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

A fella work was called Alan.

So they called him Aldo.

Soccer fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Off the top of my head, a few teachers in the 70s and 80s.

Crocker.. Always drove a heap of sh1t of a car
    The Jap.. Had squinty eyes
    Mr Durex.. Mr Durack
    Johnny.. Ms Condon
    Ned .. Br Edmund
    Br Creepy.. Br C***vey. (Last I heard, he was in jail)

• Worked in a biker bar in the IOM.

One of the locals was called "Womble" - or so I thought.

One night after a few drinks (lock in) I asked him where his nickname came from.

"I was out on Mad Sunday (notorious day between practice week and TT week where all the roads are closed except for bikes) and I came off me bike. Straight over the handlebars, landed about 50ft in front of the bike (I can't remember the reason for the crash, sadly). Walked back to the bike, and there it was, stuck on the handlebar."

"What was?"

"A ball. That's why I'm one-ball"

*bleurgh*

• Fairly rotund Priest in my school was Father Pat...

AKA Rather Fat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Oops!

Similarly, I know of a chap called ' Star '

His son is called ' Twinkle '

Twinkle twinkle little star.

Two brothers i know of, The older one is known as Boots, the younger Socks.

Another fella in the locallity is known as Harp.... Not after the musical instrument, the lager drink.

Advertisement