Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zappi charge points

• 28-11-2018 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Anyone know who is the wholesaler for Zappi chargers in the Republic of Ireland? I'm more so looking for information than to buy one.
    Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Anyone know who is the wholesaler for Zappi chargers in the Republic of Ireland? I'm more so looking for information than to buy one.

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question but just wanted you to be aware in case you weren't already that there appears to be some sort of Zappi Product Update announcement happening around 2:30pm or 3:30pm today (Nov 29th).

Maybe a new range of Zappi Chargers coming soon ?..

I'm sure you already know that you can get the manual for the current Zappi chargers online (not sure if that would help you with the type of info you're looking for though).

https://myenergi.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/zappi-manual-v1.2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

They’ve announced their untethered chargers for delivery in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I believe they will have a smartphone app coming out soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

BigAl81 wrote: »
    I believe they will have a smartphone app coming out soon too.

I think a lot of people are waiting for this alright..

Hopefully we'll get it soon & it will be compatible with all the chargers..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

http://www.electricautos.ie/

€585 for the 5m 1st gen (tethered) and €8 postage. I found them great to deal with and the Zappi is very good especially if you have or plan a solar PV setup.

I'm fairly sure they said on twitter that the hub will be compatible with the current charger, but will be an extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Any prices on the new models?

myenergi say that the new models are available for pre-order however they are not answering any questions on twitter regarding pricing.

I'm trying to decide whether to order existing model now or wait for new model early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Any prices on the new models?

myenergi say that the new models are available for pre-order however they are not answering any questions on twitter regarding pricing.

I'm trying to decide whether to order existing model now or wait for new model early next year.

I'm going to wait for the new version too. Untethered I'd say to allow for an easier future upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I'm going to wait for the new version too. Untethered I'd say to allow for an easier future upgrade.

when is the new version due to be available?

Be aware that the prices for the new models are considerably higher than the current model:

From myenergi, new prices are:

zappi 7kW untethered £695.00
    zappi 7kW tethered £725.00

zappi 22kW untethered £795.00
    zappi 22kW tethered £845.00

All prices are inc VAT

daheff wrote: »
    when is the new version due to be available?

I think it's out in Feb, I've mine ordered for install early March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Be aware that the prices for the new models are considerably higher than the current model:

From myenergi, new prices are:

zappi 7kW untethered £695.00
    zappi 7kW tethered £725.00

zappi 22kW untethered £795.00
    zappi 22kW tethered £845.00

All prices are inc VAT

Apart from the app that is supposed to be coming what does the new Zappi do over the old Zappi?

I dont see anything new in the glossy video of it. Seems like an excuse to increase the price to me.

Anyone know if there is something else I've missed?

KCross wrote: »
    Apart from the app that is supposed to be coming what does the new Zappi do over the old Zappi?

I dont see anything new in the glossy video of it. Seems like an excuse to increase the price to me.

Anyone know if there is something else I've missed?

My thoughts also.

The app will also be available free to those with the current Zappi. A hub will be needed to use the app (£85 inc VAT). I'm not sure if the hub is included/necessary with the new Zappi or will that be another cost.

Personally, I think the increase is just to increase profits and hence why I went with the current model.

My thoughts also.

The app will also be available free to those with the current Zappi. A hub will be needed to use the app (£85 inc VAT). I'm not sure if the hub is included/necessary with the new Zappi or will that be another cost.

Personally, I think the increase is just to increase profits and hence why I went with the current model.

I will upgrade my leaf gen 1 in time so the untethered version is logical for me anyways. Don’t fancy shelving out again to change a charger to suit a different car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Any ideas where to buy a zappi in ireland? places quoted here are out of stock. I can order from myenergi but they have a 1-2 week wait time. Any ideas? Also where is the hub? I can only see things like eddi and harvi in their products page. Our house is only single phase so the &kw old version seems max we can use.

Nigel Daly or electricautos.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭spakman

Darkin Electrical in Rathcoole do them as well, seems to be same price as Nigel Daly.

Thanks, but like I said... Out of stock till next week in electric autos. Can't see them on the others website for order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

deegs wrote: »
    Thanks, but like I said... Out of stock till next week in electric autos. Can't see them on the others website for order.

They are back in stock today,mine has been dispatched :)

They are back in stock today,mine has been dispatched :)

Still out of stock when adding to cart online.
    No bother, I'll just go to manufacturer.

deegs wrote: »
    Still out of stock when adding to cart online.
    No bother, I'll just go to manufacturer.

Have you tried contacting electric autos by email or phone?

You will get a better understanding of the stock situation than simply accepting a line on the website.

• Advertisement

Have you tried contacting electric autos by email or phone?

You will get a better understanding of the stock situation than simply accepting a line on the website.
    Yes direct on Facebook. End of the week new type 2s are expected, thought I said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

stimpson wrote: »
    http://www.electricautos.ie/

€585 for the 5m 1st gen (tethered) and €8 postage. I found them great to deal with and the Zappi is very good especially if you have or plan a solar PV setup.

I'm fairly sure they said on twitter that the hub will be compatible with the current charger, but will be an extra cost.

Been talking to people about them. The general consensus I seem to be getting is that while they have a wide range they also have a rep of being a complete rip off and there are a couple of contractors that work for them that are riding the bandwagon. There is a lot of chatter about it on the EV owners page. Some rip off merchants out there.

Been talking to people about them. The general consensus I seem to be getting is that while they have a wide range they also have a rep of being a complete rip off and there are a couple of contractors that work for them that are riding the bandwagon. There is a lot of chatter about it on the EV owners page. Some rip off merchants out there.

I only bought the Zappi charger from them, so I can’t comment on anything else. The cost was within a few euro of what MyEnergi sell them for. I spent 20 minutes on the phone discussing my needs benefit purchase and I got some good advice.

Having siad that, some of the quotes I’ve seen for install from an apparently reputable installer, who shall remain nameless, have been eye watering. Well into 4 figures. I’m sure he does a good job, but €600 for half a days work seems to be the going rate. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

some of the quotes I’ve seen for install from an apparently reputable installer, who shall remain nameless, have been eye watering. Well into 4 figures. I’m sure he does a good job, but €600 for half a days work seems to be the going rate. Mental.

Are you sure Nigel M Daly & Son will remain nameless in this thread? :p

He does a good job and he knows how to charge for it. Plenty of people on here knew up front he wasn't cheap, yet went with him. Nothing wrong with that, it's a free market

Personally, I prefer to get better value for money. In fact Nigel M Daly installed my charger free of charge under the old scheme :D

If I was an electrician or a car sales man, I know what market I'd be getting into now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

I only bought the Zappi charger from them, so I can’t comment on anything else. The cost was within a few euro of what MyEnergi sell them for. I spent 20 minutes on the phone discussing my needs benefit purchase and I got some good advice.

Having siad that, some of the quotes I’ve seen for install from an apparently reputable installer, who shall remain nameless, have been eye watering. Well into 4 figures. I’m sure he does a good job, but €600 for half a days work seems to be the going rate. Mental.

Yeah maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh on electricautos but they are expensive by comparison to some. As for the installers in actual fact am not referring to anyone in particular but some prices that are being quoted are moon money!!!!. I believe in value for money but ho my Christ some of them are just using their imagination on some of the figures.

unkel wrote: »

No comment...
    Yeah maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh on electricautos but they are expensive by comparison to some.

Like I say, within a few euros of MyEnergi to supply.

At the moment for a 5m type 2 tethered, it's €588 shipped from Myenergi, or €593 shipped from electricautos.

I'm sure if the €5 bothered you, Phil would knock it off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

unkel wrote: »

He does a good job and he knows how to charge for it. Plenty of people on here knew up front he wasn't cheap, yet went with him. Nothing wrong with that, it's a free market

Personally, I prefer to get better value for money. In fact Nigel M Daly installed my charger free of charge under the old scheme :D

...i completely lost you here...
    On other PV quotes topic, you said maxim €400 for two people to install a 2kw PV solar system over 2 full days.
    On this topic, you are saying that €600 for half a day to install a fcking car charger is good value for money !

May i ask you to decide which one is "better value for money" because i donno how to say it...but i kind of just dont get it... are you THE installer or THE seller !?

• Advertisement

It would help if you started reading my posts more carefully, rolion.

Advertisement