Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

BBFAN wrote: »
    You'll get reported and a warning for that. Guarantee it. :rolleyes:

I had two very bad experiences with these people and I am angry and bitter about it I find his posts offensive never adding anything.

Pick the PC side and it seems you can post anything you like.:o

Edit posts removed.
    Many people have had terrifying experiences myself included and all of us did NOTHING to deserve it.
    These constant posts are very demeaning to the victims of these people the posts themselves never add any point nor acknowledge what law-abiding innocent people have had to suffer.

Being badly assaulted and told there is nothing that can be done as these people are immune from the law.
    It was my fault for daring to walk somewhere alone.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

the fact we are currently speaking ill of the actions of some travelers, shows that we are in fact allowed to speak ill of actions commited by travelers.
    the job of pavee point is to campaign against discrimination against, and fairness for the traveling community, something they seem to do quite well. it's not fair that anyone commits crime, but unfortunately they do, and as it stands there is little will to do what needs to be done to deal more effectively with the problem of criminality. the gardai are underfunded and the sentencing is low for a lot of crimes.
    pavee point can only do so much, and the unfortunate reality is, that those who do discriminate against travelers, are the likely reason why pavee point feel unable to address criminality among an element of the community.
    if pavee point or travelers don't make the effort, it is still your job to make the effort, because ultimately we want the issues to be solved. if we don't make the effort, it is a lot more likely the issues won't be resolved, because we are in the majority.
    the state must provide services to those who break the law, where such services are required, because they have an obligation to do so, as such services will allow them to seak fair justice, and once finished their punishment, may provide necessary supports to those people, which may move them away from law breaking. if someone breaks the law, then it is on the state to punish them for doing so.

This whole post above is nonsense :pac:

You seem completely removed from reality.

Your position, simplistically, is that non traveller people are the problem and if we don't continue to pander to travellers, THEY will never change :pac:

Aw man, this is comedy gold.

Pavee Point can take the position that unless the unruley among the community pull their heads in, they will not continue campaigning.

Its not ok to put the traveller hand out and take from the State while they also steal with their other hand.

"Keep taking lads, keep stealing lads, the non travellers better accept us for who we are or we will keep taking and keep stealing with impunity...one day they will learn and give us what we want".

Theres nothing left to give once everything has been taken.

Aw man, back on ignore with you :pac: ya mad yoke. You have to be on a constant wind up :pac:.

Just to add one more point if I do get a warning it will just go to show what a joke this country is.

I get assaulted and am told due to who these people are nothing can or will be done just get over it and be more careful in future.

I dare post a few angry words about it and suddenly the sky is falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Utter scumbags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

They have sections on their website complaining that Travellers are stereotyped as criminals. But they are silent about the large number of crimes actually committed by Travellers. They persistently refuse to acknowledge that Travellers have this reputation not because of "stereotyping" by the settled community, but because Travellers actually do carry out a hugely disproportionate share of the criminal behavior in Ireland. Travellers are 0.6 percent of the Irish population, but comprise 10 percent of the male prison population and 22 percent of the female prison population.

Political correctness allows you to frame anything which is plain obvious as something else.

Been reading many tweets from various liberals lately, pat o mahoney ( he from " off the rails" many years ago - absolute wanker) has been very vocal in accusing the guards of "racial profiling" against travellers and how this explains the very high incarceration rate.

Make no mistake, attaining ethnic minority status was about attaining immunity from the law.

• the problem is, that some people unfortunately do treat all travelers badly, whereas they wouldn't do it to another minority group. pavee point are in a difficult position by where they need to hi-light the genuine issues that do effect the traveling community, but not give idiots the excuse they need to target and discriminate against the community. i have heard pavee point on the radio before except there are issues with some elements of the traveler community, however what people are expecting of them just isn't possible to deliver currently.

i disagree they are silent about criminality in the traveler community. i have heard them on radio in the past being excepting of the fact there are criminals in the traveling community. what i think people are wanting is for them to come out every single time a traveler does something wrong and i'm sorry, it's just not on them to do that.
    the fact is, there is quite a lot of stereotyping of travelers. the reputation that the criminal element of the traveling community have is really their reputation alone, however some people put that on to travelers not engaged in criminality, and i'm sorry, but that's the fault of those people for doing that, something they wouldn't do to other minority groups because they know they wouldn't get away with it.
    from what i can see with pavee point, until people grow up and stop lumping all travelers in with those doing wrong, something they wouldn't do to their own people or other minority groups, pavee point aren't going to be able to discuss the rates of criminality within the community. if people want us to be able to discuss issues such as higher issues of criminality within communities v other communities in the mainstream, then in my view they need to change their attitudes.

with respect that isn't relevant, nor does it answer the question i asked you to be fair. what i was getting at, is why you believe that pavee point going on the radio would make any difference to crime levels in the traveling community, when it doesn't seem to work in the settled community.
    the reality is, we are not expected to all go on radio or other media to condemn every single crime fellow members of our community do. travelers and muslims on the other hand are expected to do so, or march on the streets. effectively, other communities are expected to do more then we are, yet people complain about them being treated differently and supposibly not being treated equally because those groups get some supports that are genuinely needed to help toards integration, yet when treated equally, people complain.
    unfortunately, it is the case travelers are being picked on by some, and are so because they are travelers. the people doing that are responsible for that, nobody else. travelers have a right to hi-light the plight they face at the hands of some.

You are terribly misguided. Unless this is an elaborate wind-up, them poor travelers (sic) are misunderstood. 'I was only looking for directions, that copper wire fell into my hands'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Gravelly wrote: »
    As a young man in college, a group of us were out in a certain Cork hostelry one night, when one of our group "had words" with a member of the travelling community out of sight of the rest of us. There was some handbags, nothing serious, and the traveller went off, muttering threats. He came back and told us about it, and we thought no more of it at the time.
    Later that evening, we left the bar, and as our guy stepped out the door, 5 travellers appeared from the darkness. One had a Crocodile Dundee-style knife, and another one had what appeared to be a bicycle chain. Before they could make a move, one of my college classmates pushed the rest of us aside and stepped forward. He was (and still is) an extremely large Limerick man, with hands like shovels, and who was a terror on the rugby pitch back then. He drew himself up to his full six foot 6 and asked calmly "Alright cünts, which two of ye are first?"
    Our ethnic friends couldn't decide who would be first, and left in a hurry.

This reminds me of an incident that happened to a pal of mine in the '80s.

He had an electrical shop that sold domestic appliances, did repairs, rented TVs, that sort of thing.

Anyway he was in the back doing repairs when some female cultural wanderers entered his shop. He saw them thru a small viewing window from his workshop.

They didn't stay long but they found enough time to take a radio from one of the display shelves.

They calmly walked out of the shop & climbed into a Hiace van parked outside.

My pal went out and told the chap at the wheel of the Hiace to 'give me back my radio'.

The asswipe responded, 'I didn't take your....

He didn't get the sentance off. My pal had grabbed him by the back of his head & proceeded to beat his face off the A pillar of his own van.

Blood & snot everywhere!

The female creatures in the van wailed & screamed & hastily bundled the stolen radio back to it's rightful owner.

My pal took it under his arm, marched back into his shop & there was no more about it.

This is the only way to treat them.

Carrot didn't work. Stick all the way now & beat the livin sh1t out of them with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

This reminds me of an incident that happened to a pal of mine in the '80s.

He had an electrical shop that sold domestic appliances, did repairs, rented TVs, that sort of thing.

Anyway he was in the back doing repairs when some female cultural wanderers entered his shop. He saw them thru a small viewing window from his workshop.

They didn't stay long but they found enough time to take a radio from one of the display shelves.

They calmly walked out of the shop & climbed into a Hiace van parked outside.

My pal went out and told the chap at the wheel of the Hiace to 'give me back my radio'.

The asswipe responded, 'I didn't take your....

He didn't get the sentance off. My pal had grabbed him by the back of his head & proceeded to beat his face off the A pillar of his own van.

Blood & snot everywhere!

The female creatures in the van wailed & screamed & hastily bundled the stolen radio back to it's rightful owner.

My pal took it under his arm, marched back into his shop & there was no more about it.

This is the only way to treat them.

Carrot didn't work. Stick all the way now & beat the livin sh1t out of them with it.

I want to like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Political correctness allows you to frame anything which is plain obvious as something else.

Been reading many tweets from various liberals lately, pat o mahoney ( he from " off the rails" many years ago - absolute wanker) has been very vocal in accusing the guards of "racial profiling" against travellers and how this explains the very high incarceration rate.

Make no mistake, attaining ethnic minority status was about attaining immunity from the law.

perhapse there are some within the traveling community who wanted it for that purpose, but realistically, i think we can probably say that they will ultimately find out that that wish hasn't been achieved. ethnic minority status, quite rightly, does not exempt someone from the consiquences of the law, and rightly so.
    You are terribly misguided. Unless this is an elaborate wind-up, them poor travelers (sic) are misunderstood. 'I was only looking for directions, that copper wire fell into my hands'.

i can assure you that i'm neither misguided, or on a windup. i have better things to do with my time then engaging in winding random people up on a website.
    what i am trying to do, is to try to be realistic in terms of the expectations people have in relation to what the traveling community, and groups representing travelers and hi-lighting the issues they do face, are likely able to do as part of their remit currently, given that there are still some hostile views toards travelers as a whole by elements of the settled community.
    as i see it, while there is some bit of hostility toards the community as a whole, one cannot be surprised that the discussion over the criminality problem within the community, is unlikely to be as mainstream as they would like it to be, and why groups representing the community, likely have to thread carefully on the matter, because by hi-lighting the problem, it probably plays into the minds of those who are happy to engage in or support prejudice stereotyping and discrimination, which brings us away from actually discussing and solving the issues, which in turn isn't doing anyone any good.
    nobody is denying there is criminality within the traveling community. we all agree that travelers or anyone who commits a crime must be punished to the full extent of the law. nobody has an issue with people being angry toards a convicted criminal. however when whole groups of people face prejudice on the basis of some, something other minority groups are less likely to face as most of society would challenge them robustly, then that needs to be challenged as much as is possible, because it is the just thing to do. creating an environment where all issues can be discussed mainstream is in our hands.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

In fairness you could pick out a lot of stuff from settled people as well

For example:

Or a settled person of a famous variety:

Plus as a settled person I got to be honest no traveller ever did me any harm.
    In fact the majority I ever came into contact with were sound.

However, my fellow own 'non-travellers' / settled people on the other hand..... that is a different story.
    I was pick pocketed by settled people, my house was robbed by settled people.

So obviously from that I should conclude that all settled people are bad, going by the above posters logic?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

In fairness you could pick out a lot of stuff from settled people as well

For example:

Or a settled person of a famous variety:

Plus as a settled person I got to be honest no traveller ever did me any harm.
    In fact the majority I ever came into contact with were sound.

However, my fellow own 'non-travellers' / settled people on the other hand..... that is a different story.
    I was pick pocketed by settled people, my house was robbed by settled people.

So obviously from that I should conclude that all settled people are bad, going by the above posters logic?
    That's pretty dishonest. It's a question of numbers. The proportion of criminality among members of the traveller community is much much higher than that of the settled community. It is endemic. It is also far more accepted in the traveller community than it is in the settled community.

The settled community doesn't have an issue with acknowledging/condemning criminality by settled people. It is highly critical of it actually.

The traveller community glosses over it when seeking special treatment and crys discrimination from those who are critical of serious problems that are widespread in traveller society and spill over to settled society.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

In the temple bar video at about 3.30 a garda kicks a man in the head and hits him across the legs with his asp batton then another garda pushes the first garda out of his way and he starts to hit him then a third garda stops him hitting the man, all this happened when the man was on the ground. Our beautiful police force at its best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

In the temple bar video at about 3.30 a garda kicks a man in the head and hits him across the legs with his asp batton then another garda pushes the first garda out of his way and he starts to hit him then a third garda stops him hitting the man, all this happened when the man was on the ground. Our beautiful police force at its best.

Who cares???

Scumbags get a few slaps.

Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Who cares???

Scumbags get a few slaps.

Well deserved.

Surprised they did not sue because they were hurted.

That's pretty dishonest. It's a question of numbers. The proportion of criminality among members of the traveller community is much much higher than that of the settled community. It is endemic. It is also far more accepted in the traveller community than it is in the settled community.

The settled community doesn't have an issue with acknowledging/condemning criminality by settled people. It is highly critical of it actually.

The traveller community glosses over it when seeking special treatment and crys discrimination from those who are critical of serious problems that are widespread in traveller society and spill over to settled society.

The attitude amongst travellers and pavee point etc when it comes to crime within their community is to rationalise it or worse still, frame it as targeting by the authorities.

That's one of the goals of traveller ethnicity, to shield travellers from the law.

perhapse there are some within the traveling community who wanted it for that purpose, but realistically, i think we can probably say that they will ultimately find out that that wish hasn't been achieved. ethnic minority status, quite rightly, does not exempt someone from the consiquences of the law, and rightly so.

i can assure you that i'm neither misguided, or on a windup. i have better things to do with my time then engaging in winding random people up on a website.
    what i am trying to do, is to try to be realistic in terms of the expectations people have in relation to what the traveling community, and groups representing travelers and hi-lighting the issues they do face, are likely able to do as part of their remit currently, given that there are still some hostile views toards travelers as a whole by elements of the settled community.
    as i see it, while there is some bit of hostility toards the community as a whole, one cannot be surprised that the discussion over the criminality problem within the community, is unlikely to be as mainstream as they would like it to be, and why groups representing the community, likely have to thread carefully on the matter, because by hi-lighting the problem, it probably plays into the minds of those who are happy to engage in or support prejudice stereotyping and discrimination, which brings us away from actually discussing and solving the issues, which in turn isn't doing anyone any good.
    nobody is denying there is criminality within the traveling community. we all agree that travelers or anyone who commits a crime must be punished to the full extent of the law. nobody has an issue with people being angry toards a convicted criminal. however when whole groups of people face prejudice on the basis of some, something other minority groups are less likely to face as most of society would challenge them robustly, then that needs to be challenged as much as is possible, because it is the just thing to do. creating an environment where all issues can be discussed mainstream is in our hands.

Are you paid by the post or hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Are you paid by the post or hour?

He’s a staunch SF supporter.

Nice snippet of what things would be like if they got into power.

It’s everyone else’s fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Why are 98% of travellers not working ?? .. plenty of them are fit men ??
    It seems social welfare officers like everybody else are afraid of them ...travellers of course are raping the system with massive families for unlimited benefits unlike the UK where 2 kids is maximum you get paid for . Anyone in modest employment is worse off than travellers who never worked a day in their lives ... maybe we should all become travellers ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Sinn Fein are losing many life long supporters in rural Ireland over their “ travellers are great people stance “ ... many republicans are suffering at the hands of traveller burgulary gangs whilst Mary Lou and the Dublin head office are in cloud cuckoo land about travellers .
    Between this and their suppressing of catholic views Sinn Fein will lose a number of seats in Rural Ireland in next election .

• Advertisement

• hurler32 wrote: »
    It seems social welfare officers like everybody else are afraid of them ...travellers of course are raping the system with massive families for unlimited benefits unlike the UK where 2 kids is maximum you get paid for . Anyone in modest employment is worse off than travellers who never worked a day in their lives ... maybe we should all become travellers ??

At least this guy is trying to make his own way. https://www.gofundme.com/irish-traveller-tv-podcaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I want to like it...

I'd love to have been there to have see it.

My pal is a serious character who is famous for dishing out his own brand of 'instant justice' to anybody who crosses him.

Those turds hadn't a clue what they were dealing with & got the treatment that they so desperately deserved.:D

I hate Sinn Fein and their supporters total scumbags they are nothing but filth.
    How many murders and punishment beatings have been carried out by these people.

I have no problem expressing hate but for me hate means I avoid people I can not stand but I never harm people.

I would never accept a lecture from people that have anything to do with filthy murdering terrorists.

Sinn Fein wants open borders with uncontrolled mass immigration they cry discrimination on behalf of that so-called ethnic minority but it is not surprising as they are a bunch of psychopaths.

Here is some footage of some of their handiwork from Manchester in 1996.
    Killing innocent children utter scum.

hurler32 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein are losing many life long supporters in rural Ireland over their “ travellers are great people stance “ ... many republicans are suffering at the hands of traveller burgulary gangs whilst Mary Lou and the Dublin head office are in cloud cuckoo land about travellers .
    Between this and their suppressing of catholic views Sinn Fein will lose a number of seats in Rural Ireland in next election .

All they are is a Mafia people too afraid to tell them to get lost well times are a changing even some of the other criminal scum will now target Republicans.

Ian Paisley as much as I hated him called them out Sinn Fein/IRA judging by their performance in the presidential election it seems like the majority have woken up to their bull.
    Peter Cassy 23% and he was a clown but he had the balls to speak the truth on a pressing issue.

Is he eoin o broin?

That deputy is a big Mrs cash champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Floppybits wrote: »
    They would never be short of news. The sports section could cover the latest sulky races, show the latest call out videos on you tube and chair chucking competition.

it would be strangely hypnotic I suspect, like Fox News.

Put it on Sky channel 500.5, just ahead of Sky News so nobody can say they are discriminated against.

It seems social welfare officers like everybody else are afraid of them ...travellers of course are raping the system with massive families for unlimited benefits unlike the UK where 2 kids is maximum you get paid for . Anyone in modest employment is worse off than tra
    vellers who never worked a day in their lives ... maybe we should all become travellers ??

When you think about it, travellers have a pretty sweet life, no bourgeois headaches like mortgages, college funds, employment insecurity.

The constant moaning about discrimination is a carefully planned strategy to ensure that the life of zero responsibility continues with us picking up the bill.

What a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Bad backs? Accident prone? I'd say the proportion of them on 'Disability' payments is as high as the proportion of them involved in criminal enterprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bad backs? Accident prone? I'd say the proportion of them on 'Disability' payments is as high as the proportion of them involved in criminal enterprises.

Doesn't stop them chasing referees.

• Advertisement

Bar donegal, monaghan and Louth, there are no safe as houses SF seats or constituencies.

SF decided a while back to focus on the urban progressive left vote which is growing, this constituency is also attractive to immigrants.

It's no coincidence that deputy o broin is so to the fore these days, he could be just as at home in Labour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement