Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

NIMAN wrote: »
    If it had happened with settled people, it would be the top story.

In fairness, it would be news worthy if it was not travellers... while, this is just 'normal'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

briany wrote: »
    Such fights are usually a pretty sad spectacle. Ostensibly, these fights were supposed to be about settling feuds between different Traveller families, but it turns out that they're just an arena for illegal gambling.

These feuds never seem to end anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,712 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"We are aware of tensions between individuals who were in attendance at the funeral and I am appealing to anyone with influence to help bring about a calm resolution to the current issues."

Sort yourselves out lads.
    What a fcuked up subculture, I've never heard of any other group trying have a go at one other in a place of worship or funeral. You have to wonder what goes through someone's head bringing weapons to a funeral, like it's completely normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

You have to wonder what goes through someone's head bringing weapons to a funeral, like it's completely normal.

All shiny and new too. Must have stopped off to rob them on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

There is a kind of 'outside of society' feel to 'travellers' in Ireland.

Bringing weapons with the intention of wounding people is not something that goes on in mainstream society.

Gangland is similar in the way it operates 'outside of society'.

I am not making gangland out to be the same as 'travellers'. Just that they bear similar characteristics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

imme wrote: »
    I am not making gangland out to be the same as 'travellers'. Just that they bear similar characteristics.

Theres a fair crossover there though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Big Joes generation were nothing but big bellies and flabby arms but some of the sons look to be in decent shape, they might have even been good boxers ir they didn't decide to waste their time flaking each other in carparks and backroads.

There was a video going around of a traveller wedding or christening or something with music and all the blokes have their tops off dancing etc. Every one of them is overweight, like badly overweight. What's up with that? I suppose they probably just eat sh*t food as those in the lower rungs of society tend to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

There was a video going around of a traveller wedding or christening or something with music and all the blokes have their tops off dancing etc. Every one of them is overweight, like badly overweight. What's up with that? I suppose they probably just eat sh*t food as those in the lower rungs of society tend to do.
    Most middle aged travellers tend to be overweight, a combination of a poor diet & not working to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The racists won't give them vegetable vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saw a couple of videos of fights and the boys were fairly solid but from hearing them talk I think they were pikeys from England over to fight the Irish lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

In the history of mankind I don't think there has ever been a more useless people than travellers.

A group of people who offer nothing positive to society what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Icsics wrote: »
    Most middle aged travellers tend to be overweight, a combination of a poor diet & not working to blame

I think its a misconception amongst knackers that they think muscle is the same as fat, therefore fat = big and strong

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

In the history of mankind I don't think there has ever been a more useless people than travellers.

A group of people who offer nothing positive to society what so ever.

They are worse than useless. They actually do harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

boombang wrote: »
    0013bd21-500.jpg

Three men arrested. Seems a lot of weapons for three men alone. Culture wars.

I was looking around at other threads on this ethnic group, but so many have been shut down.

The orange black axe is the travellers number choice for feuding. Won axe of the year 3 years running.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Can we get Arnie walking into a funeral john is attending just once before it kicks off with the hatchets and Arnie goes

https://giphy.com/gifs/transparent-reaction-dFwlTdxrFV1o4

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of Connors but it’s disappointing to see that people can’t criticise him without being able to resist having a go at the entire Travelling community itself.

I think a lot of people find it difficult not to criticise the travelling community because by and large they have a fairly good habit of living up to their own stereotypes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

https://i.imgur.com/L4wRtZm.png

2 year anniversary of his Lidl tweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Michelinextra.

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Hard to argue with the sentiment

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They won't stop calling to the house, not only the bell but then bang the door down.....

Sick of them plicks calling all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lidl are robbing us are they?

What are you looking for, supermarkets to give food away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Exceptionally easy to. Unless it was agreed with, in which case there’d be no point in arguing with the sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

KrustyUCC wrote: »

The response that they downloaded a pirate copy of his film as producers and studios were robbers was a great comeback

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The gypsys and the Germans have a bit of history

That is all

Romani Gypsies and the Nazis sure do but there's no genetic connection between Irish Travellers and Romani Gypsies.

As the Nazis killed a lot of people we could all be as connected as John Connors...even though I don't think that that was where JC was coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The gypsys and the Germans have a bit of history

That is all

"That is all" is not an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

893bet wrote: »
    The orange black axe is the travellers number choice for feuding. Won axe of the year 3 years running.

Can’t believe the classic slash hook has fallen out of fashion so much. Only 2 there vs 13 fancy hatchets. Times they are a changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

humberklog wrote: »
    Romani Gypsies and the Nazis sure do but there's no genetic connection between Irish Travellers and Romani Gypsies.

As the Nazis killed a lot of people we could all be as connected as John Connors...even though I don't think that that was where JC was coming from.
    I wouldn't engage. John Connors referred to supermarkets as "cuntts" because "they're robbing us every day" - and in the context of a news story about a supermarket whose prices are phenomenally low. A tweet so breathtakingly stupid that he even deleted it.

Now we've got someone saying it's hard to argue with that woeful tweet. Why? Because of the Germans' (not the nazis' - the Germans') history with gypsies. Because of course Lidl is the nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Can’t believe the classic slash hook has fallen out of fashion so much. Only 2 there vs 13 fancy hatchets. Times they are a changing.

They eventually figured out that the slash hook, while it has a better area of attack and it's easier to inflict damage with, it could easily get stuck and as it's curved, the angle in which it got stuck made it difficult to pull back out. Now, not a problem for most you would think, the extra damage done on removal with a straight pull would be sufficient, but sometimes it gets stuck in bone, and that's a lot harder to pull straight through.

When a hatchet was accidentally used by a young up 'n' comer, the observers noticed that even with his youth and vigor, he seemed to be able to insert and remove the smaller hatchet quicker than expected, and the damage, while not covering as great an area, was far more devastating, and the quickness of removal and re-insertion far outweighed the lack of area attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

They eventually figured out that the slash hook, while it has a better area of attack and it's easier to inflict damage with, it could easily get stuck and as it's curved, the angle in which it got stuck made it difficult to pull back out. Now, not a problem for most you would think, the extra damage done on removal with a straight pull would be sufficient, but sometimes it gets stuck in bone, and that's a lot harder to pull straight through.

When a hatchet was accidentally used by a young up 'n' comer, the observers noticed that even with his youth and vigor, he seemed to be able to insert and remove the smaller hatchet quicker than expected, and the damage, while not covering as great an area, was far more devastating, and the quickness of removal and re-insertion far outweighed the lack of area attack.

It's the little things that make the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Not really.

I find it's usually quite easy to argue with anything that pikey fúckwit says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement