Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

Interesting to see how the authorities will react to this well-known individual and his threats, maybe best to keep himself off the radar? That's the word on the street, and everyone in Dublin knows the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭TheBMG

News on the street has it galaxy is going to increase signal to blank them totally out from Southside Dublin
    Also I believe the guy behind Galaxy has plenty of cash behind him
    And doesn't like when people interfere with him he is well known to take action to take them off air anyway hope all them guys can sort something out it doesn't get nasty

Walter Mitty levels of delusion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 astragte

Anyone know what's going on with Xmas fm picking up rds on 88.1 over carlow for Xmas fm checked it twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Radiodays2021

I'm only saying what the word is going around
    At the end of the day all of them are pirates stations running with no licence they are all breaking the law maybe the authorities will be happy if they take each other off air will save them doing it

News on the street has it galaxy is going to increase signal to blank them totally out from Southside Dublin
    And doesn't like when people interfere with him he is well known to take action to take them off air anyway hope all them guys can sort something out it doesn't get nasty

Retro fm 92.0 today also 99.5 maybe them guys are friends so maybe relaying retro FM for them

It's great to see plenty of activity on the band

It's the threatening tone of this message on a public forum 'he is well known to take action to take them off air' that gets peoples back up, could it be this person is well known by the authorities for exactly this type of action in the past? If so, just issuing this threat could be taken into account if anything unfortunately comes to pass.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Retro fm 92.0 today also 99.5 maybe them guys are friends so maybe relaying retro FM for them

It's great to see plenty of activity on the band

That's nothing to do with Galaxy. Every Sunday, when Retro FM is on live, it is relayed on Energy (Power) AM on 1395 kh. When the Energy relay/stream is on (which in fact it has been all this weekend), whatever is on 1395 will also be on that frequency, i.e. 99.5 FM.

I'm only giving my opinion on the matter I didn't mention anybody's names
    The radio business can be messy
    But as I said in my previous comment all of them are pirate stations they have no right to be using the FM dial so if someone gets taking off air it's their own problem that's my opinion

I think the law takes a very dim view of radio station break-ins, robbery and damage irrespective of whether the equipment is used for licensed or unlicensed activity.

There have been documented court actions in the past for these criminal acts, maybe Galaxy's owner should acquaint himself with the numerous press reports.

Maybe all them stations should be switched off illegal activities on the FM dial I think they are all criminals

Are we touching a nerve there Insidethetent
    Maybe them stations are yours ����

• Advertisement

Maybe, maybe not, you'll never know :)

Btw with my technical hat on here ..

I would be very surprised if a pirate signal from Kildare could damage a signal from the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown area but let them to their best with ‘massive power increase’ and ‘wealthy owner’ 😂

TheBMG wrote: »

I would be very surprised if a pirate signal from Roadstone up at the Hill of Allen in Kildare could damage a signal from the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown area but let them to their best with ‘massive power increase’ and ‘wealthy owner’ ��

Very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

TheBMG wrote: »

I would be very surprised if a pirate signal from Roadstone up at the Hill of Allen in Kildare could damage a signal from the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown area but let them to their best with ‘massive power increase’ and ‘wealthy owner’ ��

That’s probably a little too much information there on both parts.

That’s probably a little too much information there on both parts.
    Yup, I’ve amended post

Has galaxy bounced around the dial again? Hopefully 88.1 works out better for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

A reading from an SDR tuner of a few pirates earlier (location was Liffey Valley). Others weren't strong enough in that location today to measure.

Hot FM - 91.0

qw2kDoz.png

IceRadio - 93.2

FtCH4TW.png

Club FM - 107.1

MrrBmMU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

must be very weak tuner if thats all it can pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

turbocab wrote: »
    must be very weak tuner if thats all it can pick up

An SDR tuner requires a reasonably strong signal to get a reading from it. Pirates don’t cover all areas of Dublin, and these are the only ones I could measure at that location.

On my car radio I could pick up a lot more pirates. I could have listed them, but that was not my intention on this occasion today.

Galaxy testing on 99.3 today, still bouncing around the dial?

• Advertisement

Galaxy testing on 99.3 today, still bouncing around the dial?

I could sporadically, but barely, pick it up on 99.5 last week when Energy AM was not being relayed on that frequency, so it's no harm. Ironically, Energy AM was on 99.3 over the Christmas period so that it did not clash with Christmas FM frequencies, and used to be on that frequency when Fresh FM was on 99.5!

Can it be confirmed that Galaxy is not related to the Unid that used to crop up on various frequencies such as 87.5, 94.1 and 94.3 last year and the previous year?

I could sporadically, but barely, pick it up on 99.5 last week when Energy AM was not being relayed on that frequency, so it's no harm. Ironically, Energy AM was on 99.3 over the Christmas period so that it did not clash with Christmas FM frequencies, and used to be on that frequency when Fresh FM was on 99.5!

Can it be confirmed that Galaxy is not related to the Unid that used to crop up on various frequencies such as 87.5, 94.1 and 94.3 last year and the previous year?

This signal is much weaker than the Unid from last year, maybe someone with an alibaba setup and a rooftop aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

they had recently got jingles mentioning 88.1 as well, so it sounded like they had found a permanent home, so i wonder what happened? hardly a temp coming on 88.1?
    do they announce the moves? they won't build up a listener base if they keep moving around the place.
    certainly lots of potential in the station so i wish them well, hopefully they will be able to get more presenters as covid restrictions relax.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Is the galaxy transmitter drifting? Seems to be on 99.4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Galaxy FM on 88.0FM this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Galaxy FM on 88.0FM this evening

Stream is silent atm

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dxireland

Looks like on there Facebook page updated today moving site location soon into Kildare seem to be having frequency problems

As ther signal is beaming into parts of Dublin ?

Anyone got any more info on this picking them up at the moment on 88.0

I have came across them over the few days
    On 994 & 881 their site must not be working out or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Are Zenith and Premier Radio International still on SW? Is JRRI long gone at this stage?

Are Zenith and Premier Radio International still on SW? Is JRRI long gone at this stage?

All I know is that the first two are on the Radio Garden App! I never knew Zenith was on SW - pirate broadcasts? I assume you mean Zenith Classic Rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JRRI i think must be gone since the early 2000s at least.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement