Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer credit card timeframe

• 19-02-2019 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

I applied for aer credit card online 3 days ago. Status is still received. How long for the info to be processed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

I applied for aer credit card online 3 days ago. Status is still received. How long for the info to be processed?

Hi there,

Thanks for the question and sorry that you haven't been contacted yet.
    The time frame for processing an application like this can be effected by what checks need to be done on an individual application and the amount of applications we receive at anyone time.
    Please be assured that you'll be contacted directly as soon as your application has been fully processed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi there,

The time frame for processing an application like this can be effected by what checks need to be done on an individual application and the amount of applications we receive at anyone time.
    Please be assured that you'll be contacted directly as soon as your application has been fully processed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi.  I only applied 24 hours ago but hey, that's what the promise was (although maybe longer for non bank of ireland customers).  But I'm only at Stage 1 - received after 24 hours.  I've seen quite a few threads on here saying that they are not hearing anything back in anything like 24 hours.  So my question is, can you give me a realistic opinion (from asking the actual team) of how long normal applications are currently taking both for BOI customers and non BOI customers.  I accept there may be differences and different amounts of applications etc etc, I'm just looking to find out if the advert by BOI of 24 hours has any reality to it at all.  Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hi.  I only applied 24 hours ago but hey, that's what the promise was (although maybe longer for non bank of ireland customers).  But I'm only at Stage 1 - received after 24 hours.  I've seen quite a few threads on here saying that they are not hearing anything back in anything like 24 hours.  So my question is, can you give me a realistic opinion (from asking the actual team) of how long normal applications are currently taking both for BOI customers and non BOI customers.  I accept there may be differences and different amounts of applications etc etc, I'm just looking to find out if the advert by BOI of 24 hours has any reality to it at all.  Thanks.

I applied on Friday and its still at received.

Dissapointing to see no progress on it not even 'processing'

Wish BOI could even give a service update like working on such a week etc but nope.

Hi there,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi, BOI, can you answer the above query for me?  I applied on 20th and it's still at STAGE 1 and now 25th.  Not feeling very much like 24 hours to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hi, BOI, can you answer the above query for me?  I applied on 20th and it's still at STAGE 1 and now 25th.  Not feeling very much like 24 hours to be honest!

Im on stage 2 now and youll never guess what it is. Thinking of withdrawing my application at this stage. They asked me to upload all the relevant documentation so p21 as ppsn proof. Passport clear copy. 3 months bank statements.

All i have uploaded in the application process all within date. No comment as to why the first ones werent accepted. Complete lack of sense. Really annoyed as I went to the effort to get the documents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

There as been a huge amount of interest in the Aer Card. Due to the volume of applicants there is currently a delay in the application process.

I am sorry for any inconvenience cause by this, I can assure you that you will be contacted once a decision is reached.

Be sure to check your emails for further updates or requests for more information.

Thanks,

Lorna

Im on stage 2 now and youll never guess what it is. Thinking of withdrawing my application at this stage. They asked me to upload all the relevant documentation so p21 as ppsn proof. Passport clear copy. 3 months bank statements.

All i have uploaded in the application process all within date. No comment as to why the first ones werent accepted. Complete lack of sense. Really annoyed as I went to the effort to get the documents.

Ok, my appetite for this has disappeared, it was a whim to apply for the Aercard in a promised 24 hour window or thereabouts but seems like too much hard work tbh and it's now day 6 on Stage 1.
    @Boi, can you tell me who to email/ call to cancel application? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there podgeandrodge,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can cancel your application by contact our Lending Team on 0818200334.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

10 days now at stage one..
    have you any idea at all of timeframes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hi there podgeandrodge,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can cancel your application by contact our Lending Team on 0818200334.

Thanks,

Lorna
    hey,
    have ya any update on these? 
    nearly 2 weeks, stage 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭KBurke85

I applied last week to to change my existing BOI credit card to the Aer one and it has been issued 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

bennyl10 wrote: »
    hey,
    have ya any update on these? 
    nearly 2 weeks, stage 1?

Hi bennyl10,

Can you please check if you've received an email asking you to upload documents? If you haven't please call our lending team on 0818200347 who will look into this.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

To the OP. I suspect you'll be waiting a lot longer . I applied (as a BOI customer ) on 1st February and moved to stage 3 on Feb18th and no.movement since. It's actually false advertising to say 24hours and there's literally nothing on the BOI website warning people of the long delay. 

posted this on other related thread:

Originally posted by podgeandrodge 
    Due to the huge response for the new Aer Credit Card our applications are taking longer than we'd like......
    I'm amazed to be honest about BOI getting a "huge response" when the general consensus on here is that the card offering is a bit 'meh' and isn't really offering a huge lot.  That said, I applied myself, albeit have not got around to cancelling my application yet given the delay (currently on Day 12 and only at Stage 2 of 4 !!!).

BOI should not be advertising 24 hour turnaround when they clearly can't meet this target in any way, shape or form.  And a search on Boards over the last couple of years suggests this is nothing new.  Please change your timeline on the Aer Card application page.  Perhaps "we'd like to process in 24 hours, but current time frames are 24 days"!

(I don't need the response that you will pass on the feedback, but I don't see much proof on here that feedback passed on ever leads to change tbh). Not blaming you guys but I wouldn't be convinced that there is anyone actively paying attention.

Advertisement