Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zappi charge points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,734 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Lol, who was your installer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

SteM wrote: »
    Even the amount 12289.15kWh seems very high for less than a month. As you say, the amount of days is way off too.

Attach the photo to an email and send it to Myenergi. They might point you in the right direction.

Do you have the grid sensor wired back to the distribution board?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭SteM

unkel wrote: »
    Lol, who was your installer?

Don't want say..... yet.

Fair enough. They deserve the right to sort you out first, before we have the right to give out about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I discovered that you can swap the sensor terminals in the settings. Might save you getting the spark out.

To be sure look at the screen when you are/are not charging. You should be able to see if there is flow to the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭denismc

Is your unit 2nd hand or refurbished ?
    That screen looks like it is showing history from a machine that is not new.
    I think the date of manufacture is in the machine info somewhere.

denismc wrote: »
    Is your unit 2nd hand or refurbished ?
    That screen looks like it is showing history from a machine that is not new.
    I think the date of manufacture is in the machine info somewhere.

We bought it as new from electricautos in naas, will hunt through the menu system tomorrow to see if I can find the date of manufacture.

I'm sure Phil will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bionicleg

SteM wrote: »
    We got our zappi installed at the end of January. I was looking at the charging log for February today and it's reading 12289.15kWh

We wouldn't do high mileage.

Does that reading sound right?

I had a zappi installed over a year ago. Same as yours it reads Kwhrs on ‘green’ when I have no renewable source and nothing on grid.

I’ve been calling the well known installer since before Xmas and have only received promises.

I swapped the ct connection at the harvi terminals, no change, swapped direction of CT’s, no change even relocated CT’s and harvi closer to meter. No change. I have also tried everything in the zappi settings.

Fed up with it now and it’s annoying me as I can’t use the timer to charge until it’s sorted.

Does anyone know of the 'Time' value on the monthly charge log screen should show the charging time for the month or the total unit charging time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭creedp

Bionicleg wrote: »
    I had a zappi installed over a year ago. Same as yours it reads Kwhrs on ‘green’ when I have no renewable source and nothing on grid.

I’ve been calling the well known installer since before Xmas and have only received promises.

I swapped the ct connection at the harvi terminals, no change, swapped direction of CT’s, no change even relocated CT’s and harvi closer to meter. No change. I have also tried everything in the zappi settings.

Fed up with it now and it’s annoying me as I can’t use the timer to charge until it’s sorted.

I have a zappi and it always indicates that its charging from 'green' source even though I have no solar so everything is sourced from grid. However, that doesn't impact on the ability to operate via the timer. In my case the Zappi is set to the 'fast charge' setting and it set to comes on between 1 and 6.30am during the week and 3 to 8am during the weekend. Car is always charged to 100% each morning.

These issues don't exactly inspire confidence in the Zappi

I think, in the absence of affordable V2H / V2G solutions in the medium term, I will just keep my dumb 7kW charger and go ahead with the cheapest possible AC coupled home battery storage system in the next few months

12kWh is enough to power an average house for a year or nearly 80k km of driving!
    Looks to me like there is something wrong with your chargers as opposed to your installation.

If you are having trouble contacting your installer you should contact Myenergi directly. They are usually good to reply.
    myenergi.uk
    I have attached my log for February for comparison

I sent Myenergi an email last week and I got a reply within a day.

These issues don't exactly inspire confidence in the Zappi

I think, in the absence of affordable V2H / V2G solutions in the medium term, I will just keep my dumb 7kW charger and go ahead with the cheapest possible AC coupled home battery storage system in the next few months

Tbh my well known installer knew very little beyond getting the unit installed, he even convinced me that I needed 2 CT clamps on the main live tail coming into the house which l knew was wrong.

Saying that, what the guys are describing above looks like there maybe something wrong with the unit itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

question though- are you seeing astronomical electricity bills? If so, something is badly wrong. If not, I'd be inclined to think that the unit isnt a new one.

I've started a thread on home attached battery storage (as opposed to installing a smart charger) for anyone interested:

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

denismc wrote: »
    12kWh is enough to power an average house for a year or nearly 80k km of driving!
    Looks to me like there is something wrong with your chargers as opposed to your installation.

If you are having trouble contacting your installer you should contact Myenergi directly. They are usually good to reply.
    myenergi.uk
    I have attached my log for February for comparison

Could it be reading how much the house draws rather then the charger :confused:

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Could it be reading how much the house draws rather then the charger :confused:

I don't think so, its a 3 bed mid terrace so it can be drawing that much in less than a month. I have to send some information to zappi and the electrician says he'll come you to look at it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

The over recording of the energy sent to the car in the historical log is a known fault in the earlier firmware versions of the Zappi.
    See: https://www.speakev.com/threads/zappis-charge-log-stats-wildly-off.134130/#post-2521434

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Bionicleg wrote: »

I think there have been some problems with the reliability of the Harvi with respect to the current it's reporting to the Zappi. So if the CT clamp is clamped around the main live conductor and the arrow is pointing towards the consumer unit, and it's connected to the Harvi correctly, then it might be related to the Harvi communication issues.
    See: Linky.

Proabbly worth contacting myenergi support.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Today was the estimated app release date details were given with anybody with a hub going by an old Twitter post from my energy in January. Has anybody got the hub ? Is it worth it ?

Mupchease wrote: »
    Today was the estimated app release date details were given with anybody with a hub going by an old Twitter post from my energy in January. Has anybody got the hub ? Is it worth it ?

The Hub was meant to start shipping this week but has been delayed due to technical issues, so it could be a couple of weeks before the app is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Zappi installed during the week, pretty nice that it gives the current kW usage of the house. I now know how much energy my heatpump uses :)

Nedved85 wrote: »
    it gives the current kW usage of the house

I bought an Owl intuition monitor on eBay last week. Does exactly that and you can place the wireless display anywhere. Cost me GBP7 shipped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

_dof_ wrote: »
    I think there have been some problems with the reliability of the Harvi with respect to the current it's reporting to the Zappi. So if the CT clamp is clamped around the main live conductor and the arrow is pointing towards the consumer unit, and it's connected to the Harvi correctly, then it might be related to the Harvi communication issues.
    See: Linky.

Proabbly worth contacting myenergi support.

Harvi was doing something similar yesterday. Showing excess going in the wrong direction. Reset a few times and now Harvi is dead. Waiting for support to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

I heard from Myenergi that the gen 2 zappi now isnt available until may this year.
    they seem to be delayed with all their new releases.

I was seriously considering building an Open EVSE from a kit. For a lot less money than Zappi, while it can do more. Until I realised you can only make a tethered one. And I don't really feel like chopping up my 15m Type 2 cable :(

What other alternatives are there? I can't really justify spending €800 + install costs for the Zappi gen 2 (although I could live with having to wait until May)

I'll have significant solar PV production that I will have no use for from about May. I will not divert to water. Diverting to EV would be ideal for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I was seriously considering building an Open EVSE from a kit. For a lot less money than Zappi, while it can do more. Until I realised you can only make a tethered one. And I don't really feel like chopping up my 15m Type 2 cable :(

What other alternatives are there? I can't really justify spending €800 + install costs for the Zappi gen 2 (although I could live with having to wait until May)

I'll have significant solar PV production that I will have no use for from about May. I will not divert to water. Diverting to EV would be ideal for me :)

Go with a Zappi Gen 1?

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Go with a Zappi Gen 1?

They are tethered only. And come in either 5m or 8m only. I have asked myenergi but they won't make a 15m tethered one for me.

Advertisement