Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Well then , I will be staying put if that is the case ,

With the M2 buoy's DP back in the negative (-0.4) and Wind speed of 25-35 Kts

Although I would like to see the wind direction at 40 (NE) or 90 (E) not the 30 (NNE) its at now

Is there anywhere else to get wind direction reports for the M2 buoy or do we need to wait till the next met update, which I think will be around 2.20am for 2am readings?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

trogdor wrote: »
    Raining here now -sob-

What? Are your temps set to drop again? Or is that it for you already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Raining here now -sob-

Rain? It feels like an age since I've seen, heard or felt it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Slap. 1500 posts........:D

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

Raining here now -sob-

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

i said i'd go to bedat page 100 or post 1500 and they're both here so night all. good luck with the snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    Slap. 1500 posts........:D

Feck.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Raining here now -sob-

NNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Phew..... Not up here it aint

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

not a spec in leixlip, any hope for the rest of the night???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

baraca wrote: »
    What? Are your temps set to drop again? Or is that it for you already?

I'm not sure...turned to drizzle on the back of the last shower, 2.7C/0.1C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Yay, 1500 to me. I guess I'm getting snowed in then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

linguist wrote: »
    Yay, 1500 to me. I guess I'm getting snowed in then:)

It's a gurantee now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Rougies wrote: »
    Not fair to call at all...there's still plenty of potential. Actually a new line of showers has just appeared on radar. Add to that it hasn't even started properly yet!

As as much as I'd love to see it happen, I think it's time to face the music on a widespread fall of snow across Dublin.

Ok back on course here, snow (slightly sleety) coming down again although it's very marginal here i'm not so confindent of snow no mores:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Is there anywhere else to get wind direction reports for the M2 buoy or do we need to wait till the next met update, which I think will be around 2.20am for 2am readings?

Think you will have to wait for its update , It has been taking nearly an hour or more all day to update but I noticed it was a lot quicker for the 1am update only taking 15 mins !

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Nice webcam of Cheshire, UK.

http://www.auwo89.dsl.pipex.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Heavy stuff over Wicklow is pushing quickly West on the latest radar to the extent that parts of Eastern Kildare could get a nice fall assuming it clears the Wicklow Mtns. Also more activity being generated offshore in North Dublin:)

Nice webcam of Cheshire, UK.

http://www.auwo89.dsl.pipex.com/

I resist temptation to click any of those links, I think my head would explode with jealousy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

We have 2.7cm according to the measuring tape..

Some more pics..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Radar is taking awful long on met eireann site?

• Advertisement

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Heavy stuff over Wicklow is pushing quickly West on the latest radar to the extent that parts of Eastern Kildare could get a nice fall assuming it clears the Wicklow Mtns. Also more activity being generated offshore in North Dublin:)

Just had a look at the radar, that activity has increased a lot towards North Dublin! Looks like I'm up for a bit yet...

Ok snow/graupel pegged the temp back down a bit:) 2.5C/0.1C still don't like that positive dewpoint though..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

it's strugling to snow here in swords. it's coming down very slightly. it will get going i'm sure i said 2 o clock so hope it gets it's act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Just had a look at the radar, that activity has increased a lot towards North Dublin! Looks like I'm up for a bit yet...

Hate to say it.....actually I don't. But told ya so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Ok snow/graupel pegged the temp back down a bit:) 2.5C/0.1C still don't like that positive dewpoint though..

Your going back now 2.4 dp 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

guys i'd advise you to use the met office radar, it is 100 better than met.ie's radar at determining precipitation intensity/boundaries of showers...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

dp should come down as wind picks up-please say yes

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Hate to say it.....actually I don't. But told ya so

Yeah you did, defo can't take that from you...

• Advertisement

jenzz wrote: »
    Your going back now 2.4 dp 0

sneaky sneaky slipped back up to 2.5C/0.1C:p anyway meanwhile as i worry about the temp..snow is really coming down out there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement