Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snapchatter's Mental Health

Options
  • 07-12-2017 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I know many bloggers have openly admitted to having anxiety and depression. However does anyone follow riona little? She's not your typical snapchatter. Today she posted some disturbing snaps. I unfollowed today as it broke my heart a little. I followed her initially as I think Rosemary Mcc blogged about her when she had a sugar daddy and was living in the UK. She's since moved home to Ireland and comes from a lovely family. Just sad seeing someone so upset and not being in any position to help as she's just someone whom you watch but don't know. We really see her ups and downs unfold on screen. Sometimes I feel we're living alongside The Truman Show. If someone had told me ten years ago I'd be watching this stuff, I would have said never in a million years would I be that nuts!! Well, it appears I am!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I saw some of these snaps, I couldn’t want them all - it was just heartbreaking for me to see a 19(?) year old girl in that way. She seems to have a lot of issues and god love her she doesn’t seem to be coping well.

She did come back on later to explain herself and said that they were in the moment thoughts.

But just heartbreaking to see someone so young so broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think riona is her own worst enemy
    There's no doubt theres mental illness at play but I think a lot of her problems stem from attention seeking and trying to be famous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

There's no doubt theres mental illness at play but I think a lot of her problems stem from attention seeking and trying to be famous

Riona has ASD and BPD. That is a lot for anyone to contend with. I certainly wouldn't be slagging her on an internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Riona has ASD and BPD. That is a lot for anyone to contend with. I certainly wouldn't be slagging her on an internet forum.

I don't think that is slagging, it's honest - trying to be famous can have a very negative affect in your health.

It can have a similar affect on your mental health as any other well recognised addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She is obviously a very vulnerable, unwell girl and it saddens me to think that she could (and probably has been) very easily taken advantage of by the wrong sort. Putting up endless snaps about how much she wants d*ck, taking provocative videos with her lady bits pretty much on full show and begging her followers to comment on some random mans Instagram tagging her username to get his attention is the wrong way to go about things.
    If I were related to her I'd be terrified by her behaviour. She's either going to get into legal trouble or badly hurt if she continues on this path.

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    I don't think that is slagging, it's honest - trying to be famous can have a very negative affect in your health.

It can have a similar affect on your mental health as any other well recognised addiction.

Having obsessions is something that is really common with ASD. My stepson is the same age as Riona almost and has ASD, he is obsessed with computer games and becoming a youtuber. It has a negative effect on his mental health but you can't just say that and expect him to stop. It is not that simple. I don't see what is to be gained by pointing these things out on public forums, if it is trying to help then perhaps a bit of research on ASD wouldn't go astray. It just comes across as catty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What does she blog about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

bigpink wrote: »

Dick

Having obsessions is something that is really common with ASD. My stepson is the same age as Riona almost and has ASD, he is obsessed with computer games and becoming a youtuber. It has a negative effect on his mental health but you can't just say that and expect him to stop. It is not that simple. I don't see what is to be gained by pointing these things out on public forums, if it is trying to help then perhaps a bit of research on ASD wouldn't go astray. It just comes across as catty.

Sorry, I understand she may have ASD but her content is so provocative it could get her in harms way, she could end up in a very dangerous situation just based off the things she shares and does.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing that out, I'd also be concerned by this behaviour, ASD or not.
    Her ASD does not excuse the fact that she's putting herself into situations where she can be taken advantage of.

Never heard of her
    Sounds like the wag culture in the Uk

• Advertisement

Never heard of her
    Sounds like the wag culture in the Uk

Its actually very sad, she was admitted to a mental health hospital for a couple of months recently enough.

She constantly posts about how much she wants d*ck and sex, talks about her genitals, she worked as a prostitute in Amsterdam and Spain (open to correction on this, can't remember properly). She posts videos in her underwear, she begs men for attention and has had a Sugar Daddy.
    She is only in her early 20's and could very easily be exploited she's so unwell. I would be sick with worry if she was my sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm sorry she sits drinking codine from a glass in her drug dealer boyfriends apt and hole her mother is frantic and she broadcasts that to thousands of people knowing full well her mothers worried sick. ASD or not, she knows her parents are upset and she knows people will react to her putting up videos of her roofieing herself and it is her attention seeking. She wants a man to put her up in an apartment and bank roll her like she's a kardashian. She knows she has thousands of teenagers following her too. She needs to get a grip.

Never heard of her
    What age is she?

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Sorry, I understand she may have ASD but her content is so provocative it could get her in harms way, she could end up in a very dangerous situation just based off the things she shares and does.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing that out, I'd also be concerned by this behaviour, ASD or not.
    Her ASD does not excuse the fact that she's putting herself into situations where she can be taken advantage of.

The poster I quoted wasn't pointing anything out about riona putting herself in harms way. It was glib comment about her being obsessed with fame and being her own worst enemy.

Maybe it is a just a touchy subject for me. Having a stepson who has just come of age and has ASD, there is nothing we can do to stop him doing things that we know will pan out badly in the long term, he is an adult now and by law can make those decisions. Telling him it is bad won't work, telling him he is putting himself in danger won't work, therapy so far hasn't worked, nothing works and it is like watching a car crash in slow motion. I see Riona and I see very similar. My stepson can't help it and Riona probably can't either. It is hard to describe the helplessness and the lack of support you get when dealing with an adult with ASD. Things that seem so obvious to us, just aren't to them and if Riona is anything like my stepson she will be determined that she knows best no matter what anyone says and there doesn't seem to be much you can do to change that.

I would hate to see people online slagging my stepson for things he cannot help, I cannot imagine what it must be like for Rionas family. I feel for them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Its actually very sad, she was admitted to a mental health hospital for a couple of months recently enough.

She constantly posts about how much she wants d*ck and sex, talks about her genitals, she worked as a prostitute in Amsterdam and Spain (open to correction on this, can't remember properly). She posts videos in her underwear, she begs men for attention and has had a Sugar Daddy.
    She is only in her early 20's and could very easily be exploited she's so unwell. I would be sick with worry if she was my sister.

It was Greece (not that it matters really) and she’s only 18/19. I would be so worried about her too, she only did her leaving cert last year. She put up a pic last year of her lady bits on Snapchat. It’s very sad to see someone crumble the way she does. She needs real help and real friends.

It was Greece (not that it matters really) and she’s only 18/19. I would be so worried about her too, she only did her leaving cert last year. She put up a pic last year of her lady bits on Snapchat. It’s very sad to see someone crumble the way she does. She needs real help and real friends.

I actually thought she was much older, thanks for clarifying. That's actually awful, her parents must be worried sick about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is it just me who thought last night's antics with the car were totally set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Is riona little still on snapchat? I thought her account was closed. I work with a youth group and it was them who told me about her last year and after her snap account was gone I thought she was staying away from social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

anna080 wrote: »
    Is it just me who thought last night's antics with the car were totally set up?

Had a gander there. Completely contrived

She only on Snapchat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

GavMan wrote: »
    Had a gander there. Completely contrived

And asking her followers to "add these guys and give them abuse", is purely set up to boost the following of the guys involved.

What does she snap and blog about?

What does she snap and blog about?

This has already been answered a few times.

Lead wrote: »
    Dick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

All sounds very sad, I'm not familiar with her, I didn't know she existed before this thread is she on SC? (Couldnt find anything online)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Does anyone else think that Fairy is in as much of help as Riona but for different reasons? Seems to be living one massive lie and that's not right

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

ratmouse wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Fairy is in as much of help as Riona but for different reasons? Seems to be living one massive lie and that's not right

If we were to put every single person under the microscope, we'd all need help (some more than others obviously). I think the issue is that some show us everything, including their flaws and others are far more savvy. Take Pippa for instance, obviously the whole candle debacle is upsetting but we don't see that. If that happened to The MUF, she'd be on Snapchat calling out the h8trs!! Call me strange but I'd rather the MUF with all her flaws than Pippa, the successful business woman. Two years ago I was all about Pippa but not anymore. Yes the MUF has issues, no denying it, but at least we know that, we'll never ever know Pippa's. That's who and what she is, she's a business woman. I prefer 'real'. Joanne sometimes thinks she's playing a smart game and coming across a certain way, but she's as transparent as glass, she just doesn't know it and that's why I've become fond of her. Never showing her forehead/hairline, altering photos, constant filters, yes it's definitely not good body positivity but we know why she does it and that makes her more real to me. Someday I hope she gets help, ditches all the crap and comes out honest like she did with her hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Emmser wrote: »
    If we were to put every single person under the microscope, we'd all need help (some more than others obviously). I think the issue is that some show us everything, including their flaws and others are far more savvy. Take Pippa for instance, obviously the whole candle debacle is upsetting but we don't see that. If that happened to The MUF, she'd be on Snapchat calling out the h8trs!! Call me strange but I'd rather the MUF with all her flaws than Pippa, the successful business woman. Two years ago I was all about Pippa but not anymore. Yes the MUF has issues, no denying it, but at least we know that, we'll never ever know Pippa's. That's who and what she is, she's a business woman. I prefer 'real'. Joanne sometimes thinks she's playing a smart game and coming across a certain way, but she's as transparent as glass, she just doesn't know it and that's why I've become fond of her. Never showing her forehead/hairline, altering photos, constant filters, yes it's definitely not good body positivity but we know why she does it and that makes her more real to me. Someday I hope she gets help, ditches all the crap and comes out honest like she did with her hair.

Yeah I don't think that Riona and Fairy compare at all. Riona has some serious mental health and drug issues, miles apart from Fairy. I also don't think people can really be compared like this because I think everyone has some sort of issue at some stage of theirs lives, whether they show it or not.

But I do get seriously irritated with Fairys serious editing of pictures attached with #bodygoals and everything else with #lifegoals and #couplegoals etc. Its adding to the pressure of unattainable goals on social media and I really hope that young people these days are being thought about the difference between social media life and real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I do think fairy has serious issues. She’s a gorgeous woman and by all accounts a nice person. But she is clearly deeply unhappy in herself and I do find that sad. She drives me mental the way she goes on but at the heart of it I do feel sad that she feels the need to make up this wonderful life/body/etc when she’s perfectly fine as she is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

As for Fairy and Pippa. I think we don't see the moany/sad side of Pippa because she has a family and kids so her priorities and different. I don't imagine Pippa has much to complain about happily married with two kids and a successful business.

I think Pippa holds back a lot - she's a mother and a little older so I don't think she would be as comfortable opening up on social media the same way MUF has. Some people are just more composed.

I wouldn't think Pippa has nothing to complain about - motherhood can be very stressful and you really don't know what someone else's marriage is like - things aren't always as they seem....

Advertisement