Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Stupify wrote: »
    My wife is Thai so we use her credit card.

The space is gone pending payment at the moment but if it falls through I'll msg the next person here.

I am interested also if someone pulls out!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

Cormac2791 wrote: »
    I am interested also if someone pulls out!

I am looking for a spot for a while now. If anyone has one available I'm definitely interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Helium

Hairdo wrote: »
    I am looking for a spot for a while now. If anyone has one available I'm definitely interested. Thanks

I'll take a spot too if anyone starting a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I was previously in a "family" on here that was disbanded, is there any hassle from Spotify in joining a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I was previously in a "family" on here that was disbanded, is there any hassle from Spotify in joining a new one?

I've heard from a "family member" that you can only join one family per year so it might depend on when you last joined one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I've heard from a "family member" that you can only join one family per year so it might depend on when you last joined one.

It was over a year ago since i was in it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Still have the Thai spotify spot available, two members had to pull out as they don't have a VPN which sets to Thailand. You need a VPN to change your location to Thailand. then change your country on your free Spotify account, after which I will send you the email link to the spotify family, you no longer need the VPN past this point, 12 euro for the year. Pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Folks!

What to do when the family starter gets the money and goes silent? I've a strange feeling I've thrown 30 quid down the drain. :rolleyes:

(My previous family was set up with less hassle and more promptly.)
    I simply can't believe my luck.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

padyjoe wrote: »
    Folks!

What to do when the family starter gets the money and goes silent? I've a strange feeling I've thrown 30 quid down the drain. :rolleyes:

(My previous family was set up with less hassle and more promptly.)
    I simply can't believe my luck.

Someone on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I have a spot free if some one can pay using KBC .
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Someone on here?

Unfortunately, yes. The chap has gone away completely.

• Advertisement

padyjoe wrote: »
    Unfortunately, yes. The chap has gone away completely.

That particular user was active 2 days ago, he or she is also a long time user here and I doubt they rip someone off for a measly €30 tbh. I’m sure there’s a perfectly good explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Still have that one spot for the Thai Spotify family account, 12 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

1 space free on my account. 30e for year. PM if anyone wants in.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Stupify wrote: »
    Still have that one spot for the Thai Spotify family account, 12 for the year.

I'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fmcgarvey

Hi,Im interested

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is this the end?

https://www.spotify.com/ie/legal/premium-family-terms/

Spotify® Premium Family Terms and Conditions
    PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AND IN FULL. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ON THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SPOTIFY PREMIUM FAMILY SUBSCRIPTION.
    19 August 2019

1. Introduction

The Spotify Premium Family subscription (the “Premium Family Subscription”) is made available by Spotify, subject to these terms and conditions (the “Premium Family Terms and Conditions”), and in accordance with the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use, which are hereby incorporated by reference. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the same meaning given to them in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use.

The Premium Family Subscription grants the primary account holder and up to five (5) family members access to subsidiary accounts to the Spotify Premium Family service, from the moment that you activate the master account by submitting your payment details and paying the advertised price. By submitting your payment details, you (i) consent to us using your payment details in accordance with our Privacy Policy, and (ii) acknowledge and agree to these Premium Family Terms and Conditions.

2. Eligibility and Verification

A. In order to be eligible for the Premium Family Subscription, the primary account holder and the subsidiary account holders must be family members residing at the same address.

B. Upon activation of a subsidiary Premium Family account, you will be asked to verify your home address.

C. We may from time to time ask for re-verification of your home address in order to confirm that you are still meeting the eligibility criteria.

We use Google Maps address search to help you find and set your address. The address you enter upon activation or re-verification will be subject to the Google Maps Additional Terms of Service and Google Privacy Policy.

Spotify reserves the right to terminate or suspend access to the Spotify Premium Family service and the Spotify Premium Family account(s) immediately and at any time if you fail to meet the eligibility criteria and as otherwise set out in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use.

3. Cancellation

You may cancel the Premium Family Subscription at any time by logging into your Spotify account and following the prompts on the Account page, or by clicking here and following the instructions. If the primary account holder cancels the Premium Family Subscription or the account is otherwise terminated, the subsidiary Premium account(s) will automatically be downgraded to Spotify Free Service.

4. Availability of the Premium Family Subscription

Spotify reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend the Premium Family Subscription in whole or in part at any time and for any reason. After such time, Spotify shall not be obligated to maintain or permit any further subscriptions to the Premium Family Subscription.

5. Other Restrictions

A. Spotify gift cards and other pre-payment methods cannot be used as a valid payment method for the Premium Family Subscription.

B. If you currently subscribe to Spotify through a third party (such as a telephone company) you will not be able to take advantage of this offer.

C. No other discounts can be applied.

D. There are no refunds or credits for partial monthly subscriptions.

E. Spotify will communicate any price changes to you, and you can accept or reject such price changes, in accordance with the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use.

F. Note; If you are a holder of a Premium account, by joining the Premium Family Subscription plan you acknowledge and agree that no refunds are available for changing from your current Premium plan before the end of your paid subscription period. Upon joining, you will switch immediately to the Premium Family Subscription, and your access to the Spotify Premium service will remain uninterrupted, but any unused Premium time you’ve already paid for, including any remaining free Trial days, under your current Premium plan will be forfeited.

Contracting entity:
    Spotify AB
    Regeringsgatan 19, SE-111 53 Stockholm
    Sweden
    SE556703748501

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hope not but it looks that way. If it links in with Google maps to get your registered home address it will at minimum be a pain in the ass and at worst impossible to get around.

I’ve seen a few people who’ve set up family accounts and they have only used single letters in each address fields, surely those will definitely be gone. The three different groups I’ve set up, I used real address for them all. If they are going to check google maps to verify the address is valid, then at least those addresses will show up. Also, from looking at my privacy settings for my location on the iPhone, Spotify doesn’t show up as looking to use my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What if your family are in different cities in the same country? Tough s**t?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I'm on a family plan from here. hoping it lasts but I was worried when I saw it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Was good when it lasted if it is the end. Will see how it plays out. I may take out a sub anyway if it does go tits up. So used to having it now.

Or may see if there are offers on other services.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm on a family plan from here. hoping it lasts but I was worried when I saw it too
    I've been on one for three or four years - was waiting for it to end

I subscribed to Youtube Premium last night and am paying in Indian rupees.

It includes Google Play Music which is their equivalent of Spotify.

Works out at €1.63 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

adox wrote: »
    I subscribed to Youtube Premium last night and am paying in Indian rupees.

It includes Google Play Music which is their equivalent of Spotify.

Works out at €1.63 a month.

Did you give them an Indian address and did/do you need a VPN?

blade1 wrote: »
    Did you give them an Indian address and did/do you need a VPN?

Yeah used VPN for India. Asked for a city which I ignored. Used Revolut as payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Just got an email about it. Looks like you will need to use a real address that google maps find either through location services or inputting manually.
    Not sure if it will be be forced for present users. I can’t seem to use the new features yet though. Might be linked to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

So I just need my subsidiaries to be in my address when they verify?

Or use one of the many many GPS faker apps....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Surely if it's one you can input manually then an entire family could just agree to put any shopping centre / bar / restaurant etc. - it's not like they ever send mail out. I'd only be worried if they were using the actual GPS location of the device but I'd imagine that'd cause all sorts of headaches for legitimate families where someone is traveling or just away from home for a short period. But even then, you could always just start setting up local families with a common enough location that most people would be passing through on a regular enough basis like city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

JohnK wrote: »
    Surely if it's one you can input manually then an entire family could just agree to put any shopping centre / bar / restaurant etc. - it's not like they ever send mail out. I'd only be worried if they were using the actual GPS location of the device but I'd imagine that'd cause all sorts of headaches for legitimate families where someone is traveling or just away from home for a short period. But even then, you could always just start setting up local families with a common enough location that most people would be passing through on a regular enough basis like city centre.

Yeh I think it’s possible. It’s a google api. Like a delivery service. I just did not want to risk it. Don’t want to break mine. Maybe a new account could confirm it.
    Put master address in manually. All the members can do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I used my home address for all my family members and gave it to each one.
    If any are asked all they need to do is give my address,yeah?
    Or am I missing something?

Advertisement