Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question on Garmin Navigation

• 24-09-2019 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

I have the 735xt and it seems to have navigation. I was hoping there was somewhere I could go to find a trail run and download it into the watch. Or even a place where other people have provided routes to download and then try. Is that possible? Any links?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

you can map out your own course on garmin connect and upload it that way,
    depending on where your looking to run sometimes there are existing gpx or tcx files of where you want to go, just google it, for example westernway.gpx will get you a gpx file of the entire western way..
    its also possible to convert routes from strava, and there are lots of websites out there with bike routes for different countries , i went to mallorca earlier in the year with 5 or 6 bike routes pre-loaded onto my edge so i didnt have to worry about getting lost
    its all a bit fiddly, routes need to uploaded to garmin connect and then synced / transferred to the watch but the actual navigation works very well,

Advertisement