Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Killarney Quest 2019 route.

• 20-08-2019 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

1st time doing killarney quest and wondering about which route would suit me best. come from a mainly running background (10miles just under an 1hr this year) and do some cycling asweell but not a cyclist. have competed in afew adventure races about the 2hr time mark. looking at the pro event as 2 runs in this. had anyone done the pro route from last year??. think the expert might be 2 long and sport might be 2 short for me. an advice be grateful before i sign up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭YoTaro

Cant give you much advice on the route but I have signed up for the expert route in Killarney this year.
    I did my first quest the expert route in Glendalough this year, coming form a football background id never done anything like that before. Did 2 or 3 months of training for it. Just stuck to my own pace throughout the day, found it enjoyable and finished in 5 hours.

My 10 mile would be about 1hr 15mins if your looking for someone to compare to so you are long way ahead in that! The cycling route for Killarney I have done before and while its tough I think its very manageable with a bit of training

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Expert route all day long..
    Why pay the same amount to do the pro and not test yourself that would be my motto anyway.
    6 min miles you wont have any bother unless you dont like long distance that is or you are a chicken! ;)
    (thats just a joke in case you are the sensitive type boardsie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi,

Signed up for this as well, doing the Expert 73km route. Only really getting back to training so the Pro would be too much for me.

Should be fun, hope the weather is good for it.

One thing I noticed on their website it says... "There will be limited water re-filling points on the course."

You're paying nearly 100 quid for a race, you think they'd give you some water!!

This time this day 6 weeks I'll be half way through the 37k cycle all going well.

Good luck with the training.

Given my level of training, here is how I expect to be crossing the finish line :eek::eek:

Good luck to everyone doing the race today!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement