Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Colm and Lucy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

If Lucy would shut her hole about her kids for 5mins it would make a big difference,

You mean big nose...............:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

If Lucy would shut her hole about her kids for 5mins it would make a big difference,

It's bad enough when Alison Curtis does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Irish radio for the most part is ****e.
    Most shows have 2 to 3 presenters , one must be female.
    It's in house humour at its worse .
    "Text us in " ... Fxxk off you twat your job is to entertain us .
    Thank god for Spotify or I would have lost it a long time ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Leilak

Where's Lucy??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭jucko

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Not me. I haven't listened to NOVA in the morning since a week or so after they started. I've inadvertently discovered that being gently woken by Lyric Through The Night's classical tunes is a lovely way to start the day. My radio alarm was previously set on NOVA but I had to find something else when Colm & Lucy took over. I've become quite fond of feeling like I'm in an episode of Inspector Morse for that first half an hour of the day.

I now play CDs in the kitchen, while preparing breakfast and getting ready for work, instead of listening to radio NOVA. That's been quite enjoyable too except for the discovery that many of my previously neglected CDs are scratched. :(

In a way, Colm & Lucy have been a positive force in my life. Such was the need to find an alternative to their mulch, I've reinvented my mornings. Now each day, my return to the world of being awake is gentle & peaceful and my breakfast preparations are energetic and full voiced (that'd be me - singing along)....well, until the CD gets stuck I'm singing along. By the time I'm ready to leave the house, I've been soothed & then energised. Mornings never felt so good :)

me too! we now listen to planet rock at work. i start at 530, alice cooper is on. then at 6 paul anthony. life is great. thanks to colm and lucy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Between that and talking about the "celebs" she is living with...

mloc123 wrote: »
    Between that and talking about the "celebs" she is living with...

Probably Z-listers.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Irish radio for the most part is ****e.
    Most shows have 2 to 3 presenters , one must be female.
    It's in house humour at its worse .
    "Text us in " ... Fxxk off you twat your job is to entertain us .
    Thank god for Spotify or I would have lost it a long time ago .

There is a lot of long time radio fans on here

Who was the first presenter/presenters to get the ball rolling on this type of radio show that is on now?

Smashie and Nicey mate.......:)

Smashie and Nicey mate.......:)

Not 'arf.

• Advertisement

I see its still going then ,the "new" colm and lucy breakfast show.....I'm reminded of that scene from Ted in which a guy proudly shows Mark Walberg Lance Armstrongs testicle in a glasscase.....I'm thinking somewhere in Hayes house there is a glasscase with both of Branigans on display......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

gamecube wrote: »
    There is a lot of long time radio fans on here

Who was the first presenter/presenters to get the ball rolling on this type of radio show that is on now?

I think it goes back to a certain Radio Nova from the 1980s. Bob Galicoe was a distinctive American newsreader. He started having chats with the morning presenters, which at different times included John Clarke, Declan Meehan and a certain Colm Hayes.

I think it goes back to a certain Radio Nova from the 1980s. Bob Galicoe was a distinctive American newsreader. He started having chats with the morning presenters, which at different times included John Clarke, Declan Meehan and a certain Colm Hayes.

I'm sure Bob is fondly remembered and greatly missed.

I see its still going then ,the "new" colm and lucy breakfast show.....I'm reminded of that scene from Ted in which a guy proudly shows Mark Walberg Lance Armstrongs testicle in a glasscase.....I'm thinking somewhere in Hayes house there is a glasscase with both of Branigans on display......:)

Very funny

Very funny

If it wasn't fact....:)

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Not me. I haven't listened to NOVA in the morning since a week or so after they started. I've inadvertently discovered that being gently woken by Lyric Through The Night's classical tunes is a lovely way to start the day. My radio alarm was previously set on NOVA but I had to find something else when Colm & Lucy took over. I've become quite fond of feeling like I'm in an episode of Inspector Morse for that first half an hour of the day.

I now play CDs in the kitchen, while preparing breakfast and getting ready for work, instead of listening to radio NOVA. That's been quite enjoyable too except for the discovery that many of my previously neglected CDs are scratched. :(

In a way, Colm & Lucy have been a positive force in my life. Such was the need to find an alternative to their mulch, I've reinvented my mornings. Now each day, my return to the world of being awake is gentle & peaceful and my breakfast preparations are energetic and full voiced (that'd be me - singing along)....well, until the CD gets stuck I'm singing along. By the time I'm ready to leave the house, I've been soothed & then energised. Mornings never felt so good :)

Good for you. :-)

Nearly three quarters of voters reckon this show is just awful.

The other quarter must be all their families then....

I haven't actually listened to the show, am I missing much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Yes, loads, if you tend to stop and look at dog ****e in the street.

Basically you're missing the opportunity to come here and slate d b'jesus out of them....listen for half an hour...no more or youll feel suicidal tenancies.....( not the band btw)..:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

But as about a quarter haven't heard the show then those who think it's bad (80) far outweigh those who think positively about it (4 + 3) - a ten to one ratio!
    Advertisers must be having regrets!

But as about a quarter haven't heard the show then those who think it's bad (80) far outweigh those who think positively about it (4 + 3) - a ten to one ratio!
    Advertisers must be having regrets!

Yeah...that they pulled their money from TXFM.......

"I like being my own boss. While it can be a little bit scary at times, it’s exciting because I’m in charge of my own fate and decision. I’m in this business long enough to know what I like and what I don’t."

Must be killing her to have to work "for" Hayes......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

So ive listened since it began, mostly in the hope it would get better. That and the fact i like the rest of the shows on throughout the day. Suppose i kinda put up with these two until Marty came on and was grand from there.

Nearly got a little sick in my mouth when i heard the two Hollys phone call this morning. What the feck. Between that and snoop dogg line repeated 15 times.

In my best Duncan Bannatyne voice, im out, cant take it no more, hopefully i remember to change back at 10.

So ive listened since it began, mostly in the hope it would get better. That and the fact i like the rest of the shows on throughout the day. Suppose i kinda put up with these two until Marty came on and was grand from there.

Nearly got a little sick in my mouth when i heard the two Hollys phone call this morning. What the feck. Between that and snoop dogg line repeated 15 times.

In my best Duncan Bannatyne voice, im out, cant take it no more, hopefully i remember to change back at 10.

Nice Bannatyne impression there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

I have switched to ryan tubidy now...

stevek93 wrote: »
    I have switched to ryan tubidy now...

That is saying something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Well today is the day I said I'd switch off the breakfast show.... I'd rather the news then this scripted bull****.. The worst is that it they actually think about their banter and its still Crap.

Advertisement