Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When was the last time you lost your temper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I cry from sheer temper. I'll be losing my rag like there's no tomorrow, verbally chewing the balls off him but I'll look like George pig with the tears because there's just too much of the power of satan in me to cope and it has to come out somewhere as I wouldn't be a physically aggressive person

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Keeping your head when all about you are losing theirs in a crisis is the hallmark of a person in control who can take control, to borrow a little from Kipling.

It does help to be even tempered by nature though, I appreciate some people are naturally a bit more volatile than others and most can manage to keep a lid on things rather than go full 'Falling Down'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can't remember, likely years and years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I don't get mad. I get even.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Years and years....if I did noone would understand me anyways

I usually just let it build up and be sitting in bed at night pissed off and thinking of things I wish I'd said

Then if people keep pissing me off....I just cut them out....which may seem inexplicable to them...but that's just who I am :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have a fiery temper but I'm really trying to reign it in because when I lose it, it affects me for the rest of the day.

But anyway, I lost my rag Thursday morning in Tallaght when a fella reversed into me.

I jumped out of the car calling him a "fkin stupid blind b*****d" and "what the fk did you think you were doing?!".

It didn't help that he was being very nice and apologetic and I felt bad but there was no damage done, I was able to calm down pretty quickly, but like I said, really going to reign it in because it's no good for anyone getting so angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Usually when I blindly stump my toe off a hard object somewhere in the am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I cry from sheer temper. I'll be losing my rag like there's no tomorrow, verbally chewing the balls off him but I'll look like George pig with the tears because there's just too much of the power of satan in me to cope and it has to come out somewhere as I wouldn't be a physically aggressive personn

You were casually discussing putting a spade through somebody's windscreen earlier as if was the hallmark of a routine disagreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I don't lose it, I just go quiet. Scary quiet :)

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    We had gotten a takeaway and the eldest two kept sniping at each other as per usual. I repeatedly asked them to stop as my food was going down in lumps, couldn't enjoy it at all. They carried on so I picked up my box of fish and chips and fired it across the room. They looked shocked momentarily, and then carried on arguing. Meanwhile I had lost my dinner, and had to clean it up while shaking with rage. Not one of my finest moments !

My kids were being similarly awful before and I slammed the fridge door shut -dislodging the drawer thingy on the fridge door and then ending up with my feet swimming in milk, orange juice and other crap while the kids were sniggering behind the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I feel angry sometimes but I can't remember losing my temper since I was a child. I wish I was better at communicating my anger properly, but living in a home where any negative response to certain people resulted in being physically assaulted means I just can't bring myself to express what I really feel. I don't think that's healthy and I think it's fairly normal for some people to be a bit hot headed and vent a bit. But I lose all respect for anyone who shouts at others (unless an exceptional situation), breaks things or behaves in an aggressive way because of anger. It would be a deal breaker for me in any sort of relationship or friendship.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I don't lose it, I just go quiet. Scary quiet :)

It's always the quiet ones you have to watch.

Still waters run deep.

A loudmouth cocky bollox will sound off in a bar and insult all around him.

A quiet man will meticulously plan his revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

It's always the quiet ones you have to watch.

Still waters run deep.

A loudmouth cocky bollox will sound off in a bar and insult all around him.

A quiet man will meticulously plan his revenge.

Bingo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

About 16 times a day. Silently now, I realised quickly that firing cups and plates just creates more work for me. Now I save it up for the gym or cleaning the house.
    It takes a lot to rile me but by jaysus run when I explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Maybe she's crying wondering what on earth she's ended up in a relationship with

I should her your post, she said you must a right bitter oul' cu ......... let's just say she has a temper herself and disagrees with you. :)

Ah I don't do it on purpose! I can more than hold my own in an argument, but the way some people can't control their anger I can't control crying. Even if I'm 100% in the right I'll get to a certain point of anger or frustration and then BOOM....crying like a youngwan at her debs.

Yeah, I get that .......... for a long time I thought women could just turn on the taps at will but, as my wife explained to me and as you said yourself, it's just tears of frustration or whatever so I try not to let it bother me as much on the very rare occasions when I do argue with my better half.

Have to say, if I had to choose between people that do get angry, I actually prefer people that lose their temper (obviously within reason) but are quick to resolve things and move on when the air is cleared. I personally find it much harder to deal with more stealthy and long-term forms of anger: passive aggression, sulking, elephantine memories and the like.

You were casually discussing putting a spade through somebody's windscreen earlier as if was the hallmark of a routine disagreement?
    No thats losing my temper. Calling someone a dozy bastard is almost a greeting. In an arguement I'd get angry and I'd cry tears of anger from sheer temper/frustration but it rarely would escalate to anything physical, I'm not physically aggressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No thats losing my temper. Calling someone a dozy bastard is almost a greeting. In an arguement I'd get angry and I'd cry tears of anger from sheer temper/frustration but it rarely would escalate to anything physical, I'm not physically aggressive.

A spade through a window is physically aggressive, however rare.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Keeping your head when all about you are losing theirs in a crisis is the hallmark of a person in control who can take control, to borrow a little from Kipling.

It does help to be even tempered by nature though, I appreciate some people are naturally a bit more volatile than others and most can manage to keep a lid on things rather than go full 'Falling Down'.

The strange thing about me is that when I get angry I explode but when I get really really angry I get very quiet/dark and seem outwardly calm whilst inwardly I know I'm capable of doing almost anything at that point .......... people close to me who have seen this "quiet rage" say it's a scary vibe to be around ........ in fact, it's a very scary feeling to have if I'm honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm a grumpy sort at times, and can be short with people at times, if they piss me off, or if I'm just in bad form. However, I just don't have it in me to lose my temper at someone, even if I feel that I want to. When I was younger, yes, I could lose my temper, if I didn't get my own way at times. But now, I just can't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm pregnant, so about 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Pretty much any time I play FIFA.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    A spade through a window is physically aggressive, however rare.
    Perhaps but everyone has their limits.
    I would consider someone who would hit someone for not mopping out the floor, having the dogs inside, whatever other bull**** excuse they like to use as physically aggressive. I wouldnt consider someone who loses their **** after years of mental/physical abuse who finally snaps and lashes out as "physically aggressive", infact id go as far to say if I had been more physically aggressive there would have been no need for spadegate. I regret nothing anyway, and still describe myself as not being physically aggressive (y)

Being in such a state of rage that you smash someones windscreen is pretty aggressive, Lexie. Verbal aggression is still aggression too. Maybe for the sake of your chap you might think of getting some help with controlling your anger, because it has to be a difficult way to live if you're prone to flying off the handle.

Not saying that to be mean, but if you find yourself getting worked up a lot your life would be much easier if you learned to be on a more even keel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I don't lose my temper but if someone does something vindictive or intentionally tries to get one over, I never forget that. The cord gets cut and I could never feel the same about that person again. Not sure if that's a good or bad trait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Christmas Day. The missus was complaining about a chair in the kitchen being broken and why we were still using it. When I say complaining I mean insinuating that it was my fault it was broken. She told to get rid of it. So I walked out into the back yard barefoot and smashed the **** out of it off the fence. There you go, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I don't lose my temper but if someone does something vindictive or intentionally tries to get one over, I never forget that. The cord gets cut and I could never feel the same about that person again. Not sure if that's a good or bad trait!

It's a good trait imo....something everyone should have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Pac1Man wrote: »

Same here.

Or as George H Bush said

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

:rolleyes:
    Funnier On video

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement