Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-03-2017, 17:18   #61
readytosnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oort Cloud View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't mind living there.

That castle is just a shell with a poxy park built around it.
Come to think of it, feck them into the shell it will feel like home, only colder and wetter.
give them a rug out of Des Kelly's and they are sorted.
Advertisement
21-03-2017, 17:22   #62
Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytosnap View Post
That castle is just a shell with a poxy park built around it.
Come to think of it, feck them into the shell it will feel like home, only colder and wetter.
give them a rug out of Des Kelly's and they are sorted.
Everytime I drive through Roscommon I think "This is hell".

I remember seeing housing developments being built in Tulsk. And I kept thinking "Who'd live there?".
21-03-2017, 17:26   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee-Jay-Cee View Post
Sure let him call for a mosque all he wants, it's not like anyone will actually listen to him. Twat.
You don't think someone like the AAA / PBP will pick up on this and make hay with it? You have far more faith in humanity that I do.
21-03-2017, 17:28   #64
Nekarsulm

Attention seeking stunt by that Pakistani lad in Longford.

There is a Mosque in Ballyhaunis, and I'm sure some of the congregation would organize transport.
But that's not even necessary either. Here in Cavan town a private house beside the hospital is rented and used as a Mosque/school/drop in centre. Has been for at least a decade. Landlord (Irish lad) is delighted with the set up.
They have recently received some funds from abroad and bought a building from the receivers for use as a cultural centre and mosque, but its slow going as it seems to be worked on by the congregation themselves on a voluntary basis.
Thanks from:
21-03-2017, 17:30   #65
Widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScumLord View Post
I hope his views aren't being taken out of context. I haven't heard much from this man but maybe he's afraid of young syrian lads turning up and finding themselves with nothing to do and alienated from a local community. Maybe he's just trying to get relative services there so that they don't feel unwanted or excluded and developing a dislike for Ireland.

You can't really just dump a load of refugees in a small Irish town and just walk away, it's going to be a massive culture shock for them and they'd be a bit lost if they hadn't some familiarity to break them in.
I expect refugees to not take against a country or become radicalised out of boredom. You're almost implying it's a natural tendency that needs to be redirected and curtailed. I don't believe it is, and I think it's slightly bigoted. I'll give them more credit than that and hold them to the same standards I hold everyone else. I haven't seen anything to suggest they are ungrateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Alex__ View Post
There's a mosque very nearby in Ballyhaunis!

Well, then. Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Everytime I drive through Roscommon I think "This is hell".

I remember seeing housing developments being built in Tulsk. And I kept thinking "Who'd live there?".
I was only there once but it seemed like the dreariest, dampiest place I've ever seen. Maybe I just didn't see the better parts of Roscommon.
Advertisement
21-03-2017, 17:36   #66
Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
I was only there once but it seemed like the dreariest, dampiest place I've ever seen. Maybe I just didn't see the better parts of Roscommon.
On a sunny day this is lovely.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lough_Key_Forest_Park

But as a whole the county is pretty boring. There's feck all to do there.
I do feel a bit sorry for the refugees. Unless they have cars or travel passes then they're effectively stuck in a small town in the middle of nowhere. It must be stupidly boring. I say this as a former culchie myself.
Having said that, I'd imagine they prefer safe & warm to being in Syria or stuck in some of those refugee camps.
Thanks from:
21-03-2017, 17:44   #67
Jurgen Klopp

If i was running away from certain death and suffering i think a nice quiet rural area where I'm safe and have food and a nice place to sleep would be brilliant.

If on the other hand I'm actually an economic migrant pretending to be a refugee who expects every demand met then maybe i might be whinging about boredom, I'm sure tho that's not the case at all with any of them
21-03-2017, 17:49   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Klopp View Post
If i was running away from certain death and suffering i think a nice quiet rural area where I'm safe and have food and a nice place to sleep would be brilliant.

If on the other hand I'm actually an economic migrant pretending to be a refugee who expects every demand met then maybe i might be whinging about boredom, I'm sure tho that's not the case at all with any of them
Good call.
21-03-2017, 17:54   #69
Galwayguy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScumLord View Post
We're more than capable of helping them, I didn't intend that to be used as an excuse to renege on our commitments.

I'm just saying, rather than demonize this guy for making some suggestions it might be better to hear him out as he has more experience with that culture than we do.
He can make all the suggestions he wants if he pays for them himself but he can fook right off if he thinks taxpayers should foot the bill.
Advertisement
21-03-2017, 17:57   #70
fiachr_a
Banned

How come they won't ship all Dublin's homeless to Roscommon?
(2) thanks from:
21-03-2017, 17:59   #71
Jimmy Garlic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Yeah. This is Ireland where we pay for the catholic church to run schools and hospitals. We pay for primary school kids to get a catholic education and prevent women from receiving health care because of our catholic ways. When the church is found guilty of abuse the state actually pays the damages.

get da fcuk out of here with your conspiracy theories. What's being asked for here is no more than the church has in this country. Sure it's wrong for the state to subsidise any religion but to complain about ONE Muslim asking for **** when we have given billions to the church is a bit hypocritical. Especially since we continue to subsidise the catholic church.
The guy who's asking for this is one bloke. It's not the whole muslim population of Ireland.

This story is nothing more than fodder for islamaphobes and people who read the Irish Daily Mail.
Peoples fear of Islam is entirely justified, and it is not an irrational fear. Islam once it puts down firm roots anywhere starts going bat$hit crazy. No religion/cult should have taxpayer money funneled into it. Fuq them all. That goes for the RCC too, they are all pure poison.
21-03-2017, 18:00   #72
Nekarsulm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiachr_a View Post
How come they won't ship all Dublin's homeless to Roscommon?
Because many long term unemployed people won't move more than a few streets away from their mammies/cousins/siblings.
Others move to where work is, be it Cork, Galway, Canada or New Zealand.
21-03-2017, 18:01   #73
Galwayguy35

Wait until the boyos from Calais arrive, that's when the craic will start.
21-03-2017, 18:01   #74
Lt Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3 View Post
Yeah I live in Roscommon (not Ballaghadereen) and have to say from the get go I thought what on earth will these people do in a town like Ballaghadereen with respect to that town there is not much going on there. I think things like the poor Broadband and lack of public transport will be headwrecking enough for them. Lacking a mosque in town probably wont be the only thing that'll piss then off.
Hmmm Ballaghadereen vs Assad/ISIS/Russians/USA

Tricky one
21-03-2017, 18:03   #75
Jimmy Garlic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwayguy35 View Post
Wait until the boyos from Calais arrive, that's when the craic will start.
Shur if they don't get their own way they will torch the gaff.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed