Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-10-2016, 16:17   #61
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebostoncrab View Post
You doubted him before? Careful, you might end up on the list.
If this was a few weeks ago you'd get.......IT!

He really will be missed when he heads back to Fozzy land
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-10-2016, 16:38   #62
PTH2009

so Goldberg/Lesner II is happening then, its not going to be pretty but might surprise us

Owens to turn on Jericho or vice versa at HIAC i think

I wonder who will be on Team Raw if they do a cross brand tradional Survivor Series match ???

I thought they were going to have a proper opponent for Strowman this week. So i guess we have to wait a while before Big Show or Mark Henry come out and challenge him

Enjoying the Crusierweights and Brian Kendrick has really improved from what he was years ago
11-10-2016, 17:07   #63
Mr.Nice Guy

According to Meltzer the fans in the building were chanting Goldberg all night so there is interest. I did find it odd that they left Heyman to lay down the challenge in the last hour when fans would be tired, but I thought he did a great job in selling the match and pointing out that Brock is still sore over his blemish on his record by losing to Goldberg.

I am interested in this match but I again would have concerns over the fact it seems likely to be held in Toronto. Brock is likely to have many fans there given that in UFC he bills himself as being from Canada, and added to that the fact that many Canadians are pissed off at Goldberg for the kick that ended Bret's career. plus Toronto being 'Bizarro World' and renowned for sh*tting on babyfaces...I'd be concerned. I hope they have given this some thought but I suspect they haven't.

As for Raw overall, I didn't care for it this week.

I thought the match quality was quite sloppy - though tiredness from the South America tour was probably a factor in that to be fair - but there's just a lot of really crappy stuff on the show which feels more suitable to something like Superstars: the R-Truth and Titus stuff for example, and of course Bo Dallas and his sign.

Jericho is the most entertaining thing on the show and I'm enjoying the storyline with Owens. I do think Rollins is a total afterthought now though and the fact he just keeps getting handed PPV title shots without earning them doesn't leave me with any interest in rooting for the guy. I am shocked at how plain and vanilla he's become. This must be the worst babyface turn since that Del Rio one a few years back involving 3MB.

I'm also not a fan of 3 Hell in a Cell matches on one show, particularly Sasha vs Charlotte being made one. The Cell match used to be about what crazy stunts might we see - now it's become a publicity stunt to highlight 'the women's revolution'; before it was supposed to be a match that wrestlers would be wary of entering due to the fact it was seen as career-shortening or career-ending - now it's a match where the Women's Champion wants to enter it for sh*ts and giggles. Gimme a break.

Remember that storyline round about the Armageddon Cell match in 2000 where Vince was pissed off that Commissioner Foley was jeopardizing the wrestlers by making the match? And Foley offered to resign if any wrestler suffered a serious injury? Imagine someone going from watching that on the Network to this, where they are pretty much patting the women on the back and saying congratulations - for entering the dangerous Cell. It's just dumb imo and takes away the gravity and danger of the match. I'm not against having Sasha and Charlotte fight in the Cell if the storyline is right, but the way they did this was acting like it was some honour to be involved in it. The match ought to be perceived as maybe the most dangerous in all of WWE, and something competitors enter knowing full well they could be making a big mistake which they'll regret.

It was not a Raw I'd care to watch again.
(3) thanks from:
11-10-2016, 22:00   #64
sky88

The thing with hell in a cell is it's supposed to be the end of a feud or to finish a brutal feud. Now it's just thrown in there. I think the only recent matches that were justified to be in hell in a cell was taker/brock and before that hhh/taker at mania 28
12-10-2016, 13:24   #65
beakerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky88 View Post
The thing with hell in a cell is it's supposed to be the end of a feud or to finish a brutal feud. Now it's just thrown in there. I think the only recent matches that were justified to be in hell in a cell was taker/brock and before that hhh/taker at mania 28
The should never have started these gimmick PPVs, it just forces the stips on to the match unnecessarily. There should be 1 HITC match every two years, make it special. Same goes for the TLC ppv.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2016, 13:31   #66
PTH2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beakerjoe View Post
The should never have started these gimmick PPVs, it just forces the stips on to the match unnecessarily. There should be 1 HITC match every two years, make it special. Same goes for the TLC ppv.
Sometimes i wonder what the point of a HIAC is if u knw the wrestlers are not going to use it. Can't imagine the divas will climb the roof of the cell and they take a huge bump off it. One (or 2) of Reigns, y2j, Ko, Rusev or Seth will take a huge bump off the roof of the cell
12-10-2016, 13:49   #67
sky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH2009 View Post
Sometimes i wonder what the point of a HIAC is if u knw the wrestlers are not going to use it. Can't imagine the divas will climb the roof of the cell and they take a huge bump off it. One (or 2) of Reigns, y2j, Ko, Rusev or Seth will take a huge bump off the roof of the cell
excluding shane i cant think of too many huge bumps recently off the cell. if anything its more like a standard cage match know.

Think punk/ryback were on top of the cell a few years ago but no big bumps
12-10-2016, 13:49   #68
beakerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH2009 View Post

The days of huge bump HITC matches are long gone. I was shocked Shane took the bump he did at WM and I really think thats a once off. Id be shocked if any of the 6 competitors took any big bumps.

You dont need big bumps to match a great HITC match. The build up is key and it should be used only to finish off a blood feud. None of the matches for the PPV have enough heat to justify the cage yet and the way Raw are going they wont have either come show time.
12-10-2016, 14:29   #69
ceegee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky88 View Post
excluding shane i cant think of too many huge bumps recently off the cell. if anything its more like a standard cage match know.

Think punk/ryback were on top of the cell a few years ago but no big bumps
Rollins and Ambrose fought on top of it and took a fairly lame double bump from halfway up the cage
Advertisement
12-10-2016, 21:15   #70
CastorTroy

Meant to say I laughed a bit when Rollins used the word "obsolete" in his interview and the crowd started shouting Delete
14-10-2016, 16:24   #71
CastorTroy

Is there a reason for the way they're doing the cruiserweights? Like trying to keep the same few in rotation before bringing more in? Where are Jack Gallagher and Akira Tozawa? They were my standouts from the CWC
14-10-2016, 16:46   #72
beakerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
Is there a reason for the way they're doing the cruiserweights? Like trying to keep the same few in rotation before bringing more in? Where are Jack Gallagher and Akira Tozawa? They were my standouts from the CWC
They havent a breeze what to do with them is my take.

Gallagher and Tozawa have been finishing up their Indy commitments.
Thanks from:
14-10-2016, 17:28   #73
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beakerjoe View Post
Less is more is a good policy to stick to.
14-10-2016, 21:37   #74
Lord TSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
They seem to want to keep them separate from the main roster, meaning they get two segments a week. TJP vs Kendrick, as the title match, takes one. So the entire CW Roster has to use a single segment a week. With all of 10 minutes a week, they can't really afford to give time to loads of people. They have to pick a small number and build them.
16-10-2016, 01:37   #75
PTH2009

When are we going to get the Goldberg/Lesner raw face-off where all hell breaks lose and the whole locker room will have to come and try and break them up ???

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion