Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Raw was up 14 per cent from last week with 3.13 million viewers.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/goldbergs-return-wwe-helps-boost-raw-ratings-222996

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Raw was up 14 per cent from last week with 3.13 million viewers.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/goldbergs-return-wwe-helps-boost-raw-ratings-222996

Well done Goldberg. Been a fan since Mighty Ducks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Just watched the return now.....wow...nostalgic...my favourite Wrassler is back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after seeing it now as well, that closing segment really was something special. Great crowd, great promo and just great in general, it all came together perfectly. Actually dying to see Raw next week now to see Lesnar's reaction.

Goosebumps....what a crowd reaction...
    Memories of watching nitro on TNT in 98...always got a takeaway and a few beers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That line was fcuking amazing.

"Brock, you're not next... YOU'RE LAST!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to think when was the last time a woman's return got promo videos before Emma?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Omackeral wrote: »
    That line was fcuking amazing.

"Brock, you're not next... YOU'RE LAST!"

I loved that line, cause it is in a way kind of tragic. A superhero knowing he only has one last fight, and then he's gone again. And the fact he's not been in WWE for 12 years means you actually get the sense it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I loved that line, cause it is in a way kind of tragic. A superhero knowing he only has one last fight, and then he's gone again. And the fact he's not been in WWE for 12 years means you actually get the sense it's true.

the way there building this ill be gutted when he loses

He shouldn't loose. .it won't hurt brock a bit ..and the whole thing would be pointless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've said it before, but Strowman just doesn't look scary, so I cannot buy him as this monster they are portraying him as. Sami deserves so much better.

One thing that irked me about the returnew segment....Michael bloody Cole....has about as much charisma as a potato...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He shouldn't loose. .it won't hurt brock a bit ..and the whole thing would be pointless

Has to be some sort of Shane O Mac interference, can't see how it won't end with that

If Goldberg's one-and-done then he should lose.

I just noticed the other day that at the end of the segment they played Goldberg's WWE theme. I hadn't picked up on that at the time. That might be the first time a guy entered to one theme and left to another. I hope he enters to the WCW theme again at Survivor Series.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I just noticed the other day that at the end of the segment they played Goldberg's WWE theme. I hadn't picked up on that at the time. That might be the first time a guy entered to one theme and left to another. I hope he enters to the WCW theme again at Survivor Series.

Mankind use to do that. He had an outro theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Another week, another bastard RAW, the go home to Hell In A Cell.. Paul Heyman made the challenge, Goldberg accepted, now Brock (well more than likely Heyman) will address Goldberg's accepting of said challenge..

Some other stuff too besides Lesnar/Goldberg...

Will friendship be tested in Triple Threat Match main event?

Cesaro & Sheamus battle The New Day before WWE Hell in a Cell

Can Sami Zayn end Braun Strowman’s destruction?

Who will gain key momentum before WWE’s first Women’s Hell in a Cell Match?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another 60 days or so before The New Day break Demolition's record and it can't come soon enough for me.

Another 60 days or so before The New Day break Demolition's record and it can't come soon enough for me.

I'm assuming there's an ulterior motive of some kind at play here given they've held the tag titles so long, otherwise they'd have long dropped them to Gallows & Anderson.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm assuming there's an ulterior motive of some kind at play here given they've held the tag titles so long, otherwise they'd have long dropped them to Gallows & Anderson.

I read and I do take these things with a pick of salt.. Vince doesn't want Demolition holding the record any more because they are involved in the concussion law suit against him.

• Advertisement

I read and I do take these things with a pick of salt.. Vince doesn't want Demolition holding the record any more because they are involved in the concussion law suit against him.

Everything regarding pro-wrestling should be taken with a pinch of salt.. Not surprised if it's true Vince wanting them to beat the record... The man, simply put knows how to hold a grudge..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 more weeks til my first ever raw live in Glasgow but a lot to happen before that in world of raw

Think they will add a stipulation to the triple threat main event tonight that if Jericho wins he will get a shot at the title at HIAC

Think someone will be feed to Brock tonight and he will obv reaccept Goldberg's challenge

New Day are getting a bit repetitive and the titles need to change hands

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I noticed at the time, and may have have posted about it, that He walked through the back to his wcw theme and as soon as the pyro went off and he walked out, it changed to that wwe sh*te, I think it's fair to say it'll be that rubbish wwe theme again at SS

I noticed at the time, and may have have posted about it, that He walked through the back to his wcw theme and as soon as the pyro went off and he walked out, it changed to that wwe sh*te, I think it's fair to say it'll be that rubbish wwe theme again at SS

You reckon he'll walk out to the WWE one? Man I hope not. I was hoping they might bring back the cops with his WCW theme and have him get one last big entrance for old time's sake.

Very excited to see what promo Paul Heyman comes up with tonight and what angle he goes with. I'm sensing he will warn Goldberg not to do the match for the sake of his family. Also keen to see if Brock says anything. I think a few lines would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Trust WWE to ruin a fun little thing like The List by doing a 20 minute promo opening the show about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is interest in RAW so low that we're putting it into one thread instead? oh my God! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A combination of it being for most a hard to watch 3 hour slog and the best bits being easily watched on youtube the next day mean its not worth staying up for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is interest in RAW so low that we're putting it into one thread instead? oh my God! :P

One single solitary post during the live broadcast. That tells a story all on its own!

Four live RAW's a month @3 hours.

Four live Smackdown's a month @2hours

Two live PPV's a month @3 hours.

That's 26 hours of live wrestling a month before over runs also pre & post shows it is way to much for me anyway especially when most of it is repetitive & written badly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Uncharacteristically poor segment from Heyman, first time I ever turned him off before hr finished.

Either it was just a bad night at the office or he must have been significantly hamstrung on what he could and couldn't say.....and given Brock did not get on the mic, I'd lean towards the latter. That Goldberg promo last week needed a response directly from the Beast and we didn't get one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement