Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-10-2016, 17:34   #1
Lithium93_

RAW Superthread

It's that time of the bastard week again..

Much like Smackdown Live, setting up a RAW superthread, as the weekly thread doesn't get much traction..

Preview for tonight's RAW live from Los Angeles.

Sasha Banks challenges Charlotte one-on-one

Will Seth Rollins continue to defy Raw General Manager Mick Foley?

Cesaro & Sheamus continue their tag team quest

Can Brian Kendrick put himself in line for another WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match?

Will Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson top “The List of Jericho”?

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00 am

Whatculture WTF Moments tomorrow afternoon/evening.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-10-2016, 20:16   #2
Agent Coulson

No interest in RAW at the moment I'll watch it on fast forward tomorrow.
03-10-2016, 22:55   #3
CastorTroy

And I was gonna add to the list with "Do we care?"

Raw has become more of a chore than anything else.
04-10-2016, 01:16   #4
Neil3030

Send a message via ICQ to Neil3030
14 mins in and no authority figures....
04-10-2016, 01:20   #5
Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like Reigns vs Rusev at Hell in a Cell. I don't feel having Reigns knock the guy out cold and stand tall over him was a great way to set that up.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-10-2016, 01:30   #6
irish_stevo815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nice Guy View Post
Looks like Reigns vs Rusev at Hell in a Cell. I don't feel having Reigns knock the guy out cold and stand tall over him was a great way to set that up.
In fairness, the HIAC match is being used correctly here as it looks like its being set up the finish the feud between Reigns and Rusev. Plus, Reigns had a great Cell match with Wyatt last year.
04-10-2016, 01:34   #7
J. Marston

Guessing the women's match will be the main event.
04-10-2016, 01:35   #8
Mr.Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_stevo815 View Post
In fairness, the HIAC match is being used correctly here as it looks like its being set up the finish the feud between Reigns and Rusev. Plus, Reigns had a great Cell match with Wyatt last year.
I don't mind that they're having the match; I didn't like how they presented it. Reigns knocked the guy out cold and stood over him for a full minute or so. Rusev looked pretty finished right there and then.

You could have had the refs run out to keep the guys apart with the idea being that they have to go to the Cell to end it once and for all. Or have them brawl all over the arena with the idea being that only the Cell can contain the two men.

Instead they gave us Reigns standing tall over his opponent who was decisively beaten. Why should I care about them in a Cell now?

On a happier note, my man Kendrick won.
(2) thanks from:
04-10-2016, 01:43   #9
johnnyryan89

Great way to make your champion look strong. Last week fans got bored of his match so this week they have him tap out to Kendrick. Surely they could have found any other cruiserweight for Kendrick to beat.
Advertisement
04-10-2016, 02:01   #10
Mr.Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyryan89 View Post
Great way to make your champion look strong. Last week fans got bored of his match so this week they have him tap out to Kendrick. Surely they could have found any other cruiserweight for Kendrick to beat.
I think the idea was that Kendrick cheated by raking the eyes, but the announcers didn't really play that up. I agree though that he shouldn't have tapped. I feel babyfaces tap out a lot more these days than they did a decade ago. Maybe that's my imagination I dunno.

Strowman's promo was decent I thought.
04-10-2016, 02:18   #11
Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed the New Day/Jeri-KO segment.

Please don't tell me Sami is going to have to put over Titus?

Thank goodness. Weird though they had Titus do an inset promo for his 'Titus brand' and then jobbed him out straight away. But Sami shouldn't be losing to him.

Last edited by Mr.Nice Guy; 04-10-2016 at 02:21.
04-10-2016, 02:40   #12
Neil3030

Send a message via ICQ to Neil3030
Oh man, i nearly woke the house lolling at Woods' burn on Owens.
04-10-2016, 09:28   #13
Lord TSC

There was 8 matches last night.

4 of them were enhancement matches (Sami/Titus, Gallows/Anderson vs Golden Truth, Strowman's squash and Cesaro/Sheamus squash). By "enhancement match", I mean they seemed to serve no purpose to a story, but were seemingly only to have one person look good by beating another. If you missed the matches, you missed absolutely nothing.

And that's ignoring Swan/Nese, which was more pure filled with no story involved. Their purpose was to fill time.

So we're two weeks out from a PPV, and 5 of the 8 matches on display had no actual purpose with regards building towards the PPV.

Upside, I did enjoy the tag match (Jericho/Owens, as usual, being the highlight of the show, and bringing out the best in the New Day), the title switch was a good moment with, you know, consequences! And I don't mind the ending to Perkins/Kendrick cause it's obviously a storyline device building to a title match, and planting doubt in fans' minds that Perkins can win.

It's just....jesus, there's a lot of filler. And I don't buy the "three hours instead of two" nonsense either. It's laziness on WWE's part, because they are only interested in building three stories on Raw, and after that, everyone else just gets squash matches.

We're also one show left before the PPV, and we know ONE MATCH (Rusev vs Reigns). No idea of the main event, no idea of the tag title match (is it Cesaro/Sheamus or Gallows/Anderson facing the New Day? Or are we now doing Owens/Jericho as well?), no undercard. We can make reasonable guesses about some (Perkins/Kendrick, possible Seth/Owens if Seth is fit), but with 2 weeks to go, it would be nice if we had some confirmations....
04-10-2016, 10:11   #14
Angron
Blood for the Blood God!

Actually, there's three shows until the next Raw PPV, it's on the 30th. But I do agree with your point, that the booking feels slapdash a lot of the time for the PPVs.
04-10-2016, 10:23   #15
sky88

how come they keep doing the title changes on raw when instead of ppvs especially with hell in a cell in boston

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion