Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wouldn't be complete sold on the body paint. I think it takes away from the "rock n rolla" gimmick which he had perfected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

According to PWInsider Prince Devitt is still talking to WWE. The window to get a deal done is very short as New Japan will want to resign him. Apparently they are still planning a Crusierweight show and in a sign that they are serious they are currently trying out KENTA who is/was Bryan Danielson's Japanese equivalent and rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    According to PWInsider Prince Devitt is still talking to WWE. The window to get a deal done is very short as New Japan will want to resign him. Apparently they are still planning a Crusierweight show and in a sign that they are serious they are currently trying out KENTA who is/was Bryan Danielson's Japanese equivalent and rival.

I think it would be a risk on Devitts part. For every Rollins/ Punk/Daniel Bryan theres a Colt Cabana/Chris Hero/Kazarian. I think he could flop in WWE based on how I percieve WWE using him. Id imagine him being lost in the shuffle. That being said I thought the same when Punk and Danielson signed and look how they were ultimatly used.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think it would be a risk on Devitts part. For every Rollins/ Punk/Daniel Bryan theres a Colt Cabana/Chris Hero/Kazarian. I think he could flop in WWE based on how I percieve WWE using him. Id imagine him being lost in the shuffle. That being said I thought the same when Punk and Danielson signed and look how they were ultimatly used.
    Depends on his contract imo; if he signs a $2Mil a year, 3+ year contract he can laugh to the bank or offer to be bought out for a big enough sum to settle him for life. He can then go back to wrestle for fun were he wants if it fails and if he succeeds, well...

Nody wrote: »
    Depends on his contract imo; if he signs a $2Mil a year, 3+ year contract he can laugh to the bank or offer to be bought out for a big enough sum to settle him for life. He can then go back to wrestle for fun were he wants if it fails and if he succeeds, well...

I cant imagine WWE offering this to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They offered AJ Styles a development level deal. Only a couple of years older than Devitt and has TV experience for the last 10 years. He's a bigger name in the States also. No way would Devitt get anywhere close to $2m a year.

The standard developmental contract pays $750/€550 per week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They offered AJ Styles a development level deal. Only a couple of years older than Devitt and has TV experience for the last 10 years. He's a bigger name in the States also. No way would Devitt get anywhere close to $2m a year.
    Because AJ don't have an option with TNA going down the drain; Devitt does how ever and they have offered up quite a bit of cash previously to get international talent.

Nody wrote: »
    Because AJ don't have an option with TNA going down the drain; Devitt does how ever and they have offered up quite a bit of cash previously to get international talent.

10 years of television experience compared to Devitt's 0. That does actually mean a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

If Devitt leaves Japan - he'll lose his spot and most likely not get it back. He's 33. If in 2 years time WWE doesn't work out, he doesn't have a name on the American Indie's to fall back on like Hero and Styles. Huge risk to go to WWE at his age.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If they find find a spot for gallows or lance archer then Devitt would be fine.

Can't see him going to the US without a nice incentive and worse places to live than florida. He went to America to get to Japan so it wouldn't faze him.

With New Japan doing well and looking to expand, an english speaking white dude will be worth a lot to them so I hope he gets a nice wedge of cash from someone. Deserves it.

BfHJaT4IEAAv5Ch.jpg
    Frankie Kazarian ‏@FrankieKazarian
    Magic happened tonight as the #Bulletclub & #BadInfluence became one in downtown Dublin! pic.twitter.com/eKgMRk6I7l

The three have always bantered back and forth on Twitter.

From this week's Observer:
    Prince Devitt as of last word had yet to sign a new contract and is believed to be considering his WWE offer, which we heard was for an immediate main roster position as opposed to a developmental deal.

This changes things as he wouldn't be paid entry level wages and wouldn't be banging his head against a wall of the Performance Centre.

Last male Wrestler to bypass developmental was Daniel Bryan. So they must be high enough on him.

Quite the offer.

From this morning's audio Bryan Alvarez said he did actually have a formal meeting with TNA yesterday. Dave Meltzer said his New Japan contract expires tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Have him debut the night after WM when all the smarks know who he is. Good times.

rovert wrote: »
    From this week's Observer:

This changes things as he wouldn't be paid entry level wages and wouldn't be banging his head against a wall of the Performance Centre.

Last male Wrestler to bypass developmental was Daniel Bryan. So they must be high enough on him.

Did Mistico not by pass development

I was sure Daniel was in FCW at one stage

He was, but only for a few weeks before NXT started.

He was there for short stint.

He was but he had the option to skip developmental but Daniel though he was rusty and volunteered to go down there.

For what it's worth. Devitt is headed for Japan tomorrow for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You'd wonder would TNA be at all attractive to Davitt? If they landed him I've no doubt he'd be thrown right into the main event upper card picture and he could maybe still preserve links to new Japan (didn't TNA have a close relationship to new japan over recent years ala WCW)

ShagNastii wrote: »
    You'd wonder would TNA be at all attractive to Davitt? If they landed him I've no doubt he'd be thrown right into the main event upper card picture and he could maybe still preserve links to new Japan (didn't TNA have a close relationship to new japan over recent years ala WCW)

TNA and New Japan had a falling out and don't appear to have mended fences.

Contrary to Bryan Alvarez's report Mike Johnson who I feel is more trustworthy reported:
    In a move that has some fans talking, New Japan star Prince Devitt was backstage at last night's TNA show in Dublin, Ireland. TNA did meet with him briefly as Dave Lagana has pushed trying to sign him in the past. We have been told he's really close to signing a WWE deal, so he may have just been there looking to see friends, but we will see. He's currently under a New Japan deal but it expires very soon.

Things seem to be too advanced between WWE and Devitt for TNA to enter now.

In general non main event rank and file Wrestlers are happier in New Japan than in WWE and TNA. As it is a happier, more professional work environment and advancement is more based on a Wrestler's effort in the ring.

ShagNastii wrote: »

Think he would only be interested if he could continue to work full time in NJPW. So no TNA house shows or anything, just TV tapings once every four to six weeks. Doubt TNA would be up for that so it would be a non starter.

The TNA/NJPW working agreement ended when TNA treated Okada so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pity Tna & New Japan hadn't a working agreement. Imagine had the members of Aces & 8's been the Bullet Club instead of in the majority born losers.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Pity Tna & New Japan hadn't a working agreement. Imagine had the members of Aces & 8's been the Bullet Club instead of in the majority born losers.

Who built the time machine? :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Who built the time machine? :pac:

Dances with Dudley
    :D

Be8yEAOIYAAQsHX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I was doing the gun finger in the background of Prince Devitt's Ennis entry video there but I failed to commit and pretended to be scratching my head because the camera was pointed at me.

is that the Workmans?
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Be8yEAOIYAAQsHX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    is that the Workmans?

It was in Scotland I believe.

Advertisement