Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 davepower

Im just trying to write wrestling with good and exciting storylines, that also have a bit of riskiness to them, im bringing realsm to irish wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

davepower wrote: »
    Im just trying to write wrestling with good and exciting storylines, that also have a bit of riskiness to them, im bringing realsm to irish wrestling

Sorry but there aren't good and they are difficult to follow. Reviews of the shows have detailed how your booking steps all over your matches with run ins, swerves and authority angles up and down the card. They seem to be tone deaf and masturbatory in the main especially the non-wrestler stuff. I've never seen praise for any of your storylines or angles on or offline. The youtube videos are good for a giggle and Dublinisms in a Wrestling context but that is it.

I know how you react to criticism over the years so I expect little of this message to get through.

just out of interest - how would you book a show?

Like a Wrestling show and not a WWE/TNA television taping especially when I dont have a TV show. Id book simple angles that EVERYONE can understand and a small number of them so people remember them. At this level Id avoid power strugglez like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Dude just t note I think your doing a great job with all the promos and youtube vids, and personally Im always waiting for the results to pop on boards.....unfortunately I havent been to a show yet.....but i enjoy reading bout em so keep up the good work :)

and dont get disheartened by people having a go at DCW. Some people do tend to be cynical on Boards but others do just give their honest feedback in hope their opinion is heard.

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    Dude just t note I think your doing a great job with all the promos and youtube vids, and personally Im always waiting for the results to pop on boards.....unfortunately I havent been to a show yet.....but i enjoy reading bout em so keep up the good work :)

and dont get disheartened by people having a go at DCW. Some people do tend to be cynical on Boards but others do just give their honest feedback in hope their opinion is heard.

Hold on I am not having a go here. I am giving my honest feedback here. I know more and more about the non-wrestlers in DCW than I do about the wrestlers.

Tank you sirsok we need good fans like you in dcw. drayme your show sounds boring, dot you want excitement in your life?

drayme wrote: »
    Hold on I am not having a go here. I am giving my honest feedback here. I know more and more about the non-wrestlers in DCW than I do about the wrestlers.

Not saying your having a go dude, you may fall into the honest feedback bracket.....dont worry i wasnt targeting you!

In fairness Vince and his family booked himself on top as with Russo for years!

Sirsok wrote: »
    In fairness Vince and his family booked himself on top as with Russo for years!

Ten years ago. It is passe and boring now. TNA does it and sucks the live out of the show.
    Tank you sirsok we need good fans like you in dcw. drayme your show sounds boring, dot you want excitement in your life?

Oh my god you are a lost cause. I await more incoherent moaning on here and youtube so by you and the rest of the let's play wrestling gang.

I guess you dont think Wrestling is exciting. Ho hum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 furry_nipple

Hey guys I havent posted much on this boards thing but I just wanna ask - why does everyone want DCW to fail?

the family against sinners = the ministry of darkness
    the ballymun bruiser = stone cold steve austin
    lycan = undertaker
    ger murphy = vince mc mahon

ger murphy stops bruiser from doing what he wants bruiser drinks cans and does a stunner or cutter as his finish austin v vince

the family kidnap laura turn seklly and kev toward them just like the ministry with the brued and acolites and all that jazz

lycan has a secret oh how original is kane his brother maybe aswell

you think dcw is wwe
    oh yeah nice replica belts you have i love the way the stickers fall off

danny the pain! feel me nipple would yeah

• Advertisement

the family against sinners = the ministry of darkness
    the ballymun bruiser = stone cold steve austin
    lycan = undertaker
    ger murphy = vince mc mahon

ger murphy stops bruiser from doing what he wants bruiser drinks cans and does a stunner or cutter as his finish austin v vince

the family kidnap laura turn seklly and kev toward them just like the ministry with the brued and acolites and all that jazz

lycan has a secret oh how original is kane his brother maybe aswell

you think dcw is wwe
    oh yeah nice replica belts you have i love the way the stickers fall off

danny the pain! feel me nipple would yeah

Great post.

DCW is an Attitude Era tribute show rather than a Wrestling show.

maybe it has something to do with this?

are you actualy competing with wwe now hahaha and mate in my book 2 hundred seems a good draw american idie places get lik 20 to 50

maybe it has something to do with this?

are you actualy competing with wwe now hahaha and mate in my book 2 hundred seems a good draw american indie places get lik 20 to 50

drayme wrote: »
    Great post.

DCW is an Attitude Era tribute show rather than a Wrestling show.

i cant wait to see danny kong bundy winning his matchs by pinning to 5 instead of 3 and who will do the hulk hogan v andre slam when are they tributing the 80's?

Take a chill pill furry nipple.

There's a post you don see everyday.

You could make comparisions anywhere in wrestling......Stone cold ripped off Sandmans gimmick......Abyss was apparently TNAs Mankind/Kane character cause he was tall, hardcore and had a Mask.....Oh WWE copied WCW by givin Umaga an undefeated streak......DX was just a rip off on NWO cause they were a faction and had xpac to.....tis a stupid argument as they all ended up standin out in their own right

When your main influence is something in particular its always gonna shine in your work, however you gotta add your own flavour to it, which DCW is trying to do......same with music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

ITs not dave power posting its some twat,

To the BEW guy, are your shows going to be all irish talent or you bringing guys in? Also you first card is super stacked just on the gimmicks alone, who the hell you get to do flaming tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Hey guys I havent posted much on this boards thing but I just wanna ask - why does everyone want DCW to fail?

No one wants to see any promotion fail, its just the way you present the shows, its a bit OTT.

I have enjoyed the DCW shows apart from the April show I think it was.
    Also some of the angles/storylines dont make sense.

Brusier wins the title, loses it the next show to Vic Viper.
    Danny Deans becomes number 1 contender, Bingo Ballance gets a title shot.
    Irish Dragon challenges Vic for the title at the Artane show and is accepted.

A) Why hasnt Bruiser had his rematch?
    B) Why did Irish Dragon(Who lost the #1 Contendor match to Deans) get a shot at the title before Bruiser & Deans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Then won the title, and now bruisers who storyline of kill warren, kill Murphy and then beat vic for his belt gone out the window, seems the book themselves into a corner every now again cause they have so many, its not tv your writing for it should be single wrestlers want to move up the ladder to be the top guy and little feuds from wanting to be the best take off from that, same for tag wrestling THATS how PRO WRESTLING should be booked not WWE/TNA bull****!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

************REMINDER**************

Thunder and Lightningare in action both Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Main Stage Wrestling:
    Saturday June 25th
    St. Marks GAA Club, Cookstown RD, Tallaght
    Time: 6:30pm. Tickets: €10 (or group special 5 people €40)

No Limit Wrestling:
    Sunday June 26th
    Quarryvale Community Centre, Clondalkin.
    Time: 6:30pm. Tickets: €8 Adults €5 kids.

As I said MSW and NLW are the two top promotions in Ireland and these promise to be two awsome shows all in one weekend, be sure not to miss them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

TandL wrote: »

As I said MSW and NLW are the two top promotions in Ireland and these promise to be two awsome shows all in one weekend, be sure not to miss them.

Why are you sayin this? adding this in means nothin. are they the top 2 becus u 2 work there? what makes them the top?

if its number of shows per year, then iww is top. if it is attendence, then dcw is top. the wrestling quality is debateable as all companies have gr8 wrestlers.

i tink adding this in is pointless and snipey.

dunno, maybe i am pmsing :)

dont know if this is the real dave power but i tink we shud reply annyway & maybe somebody in dcw will read it?

as long as it is constructive it cant hurt rite?

i tink dcw has loads of talented wrestlers. and i tink this needs to be hilited. we dnt need to see untraind ppl like dave power, ger murphy and mark savage in the ring. it takes down the quality of the show and it is disrespwectful to the wrestlers who went and learned all the falls and holds.

i tink doing storylines is ok aslong as u limit the amount u do (maybe 3 - 4) and you keep the majurity of the talking on youtube. we dnt need 20+ mins promos on a show. most of the ppl in attendence havent a clue wat it is about & they will get bored.

keep ur titles on their current holders for a while! a3 month reign is NOT long. u r a small company. you need to build up the prestigue of the belts. rite now u have already had 4 different tag champs and 3 different heavyweight champs. and thers only been a heavyweight title since april!!!!

if you leave it on dragon now, until maybe october, it will mean more when he looses it. this is NOT WWF. dont book it like a wweekly TV show. plan longterm.

shock value only works wen it is done once in a while. doing it all the time makes it the norm & ppl will loose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Not to get Petty here but both NLW and DCW seem to be drawing the same size crowds. The recent NLW show in Belfast drew massively. FFPW's Poetry Slam drew almost 400. So I think that saying DCW outsells NLW is jumping the gun a bit.

Not to get Petty here but both NLW and DCW seem to be drawing the same size crowds. The recent NLW show in Belfast drew massively. FFPW's Poetry Slam drew almost 400. So I think that saying DCW outsells NLW is jumping the gun a bit.

i didnt say dcw outsells nlw. i sed it gets big crowds. i mean consistently. i like nlw and ther wrestlers, im not debating wich is better.

im just sayin that tunder and lightning are sayin somethin which cannot be claimed by any company in this country imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Everyone involved with FFPW is pleased to annouce the return of what many wrestlers and fans called the best show of 2011 so far.

On September 10th in 'The Complex' Smithfield Sq. Dublin. 1. wrestling fans in Ireland will get a second chance to see 'PoetrySlam 2'

The 1st event back in February saw 400 strong pack out the complex to see what the best of Irish Wrestling and Poetry had to give them.

Once again this event is completely 100% over-18's only. No 'boo-yeah' wrestling just fast-paced hardcore action. Plus this event is 'Bring your own beer'.

NLW will have a 'Cruiser 8' quailfaction match on the show, plus other extreme matches to be announced.

Plenty of time for the Irish wrestling faithful to get their calendar's free.

But before all that go check out:

Main Stage Wrestling in St. Mark's GAA club, Tallaght this Saturday
    &
    No Limit Wrestling in Quarryvale CC, Clondaklin this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Im not looking to start an argument here and yes TandL are just spouting opinion and not facts but so to are you saying one company gets consistently bigger crowds than another. I think all everyone is drawing quite decently really considering recent years.

Any shows gonna start venturing down south east region? Hard and costly when you dont gots the money for a day trip to Dublin! But great to see the amount of shows now though......keep it up!

Also anyone have any footage of Jordan Devlin in Zero One?

Im not looking to start an argument here and yes TandL are just spouting opinion and not facts but so to are you saying one company gets consistently bigger crowds than another. I think all everyone is drawing quite decently really considering recent years.

alright mate i dont want to argue either. i like all the shows ive been to so far this year (dcw,nlw,msw) and i look forward to more.

i dnt care about crowd size anyway i was focusing more on the claim maybe meaning in ring talent wich i think is strictly debateable.

but yes ther opinions are ther own.

hi guys thanks for the feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Hey Smoshi as Justin Ternet said this is our opinion, I also don't want to start an argument over this but I truely Believe MSW and NLW/FFPW are the top promotions in Ireland but thats my opinion. We worked for DCW and also BCW up North for a while and while we did this we still said NLW and MSW were the two top. We have been involved with MSW since its kicked of and we were happy to start getting our foot in the door with NLW.

There are several reasons for my opinion.
    1. Their shows are always ran so professionally.
    2. Their wrestlers look like wrestlers (I know I don't have a great body but working on it lol)
    3. Their wrestlers wear WRESTLING GEAR.
    4. Anybody that steps inside their ring's are trained and learned wrestlers.
    5. Their story lines make sence and not too much over the top.
    6. The only two promotions in the ROI running wrestling schools.
    and that is to only state a few.

By saying this I don't mean to take away from any other promotions in Ireland and I think DCW and IWW and every other promotion is doing a great job and fair play to them, but in my Opinion MSW and NLW/FFPW are the tops and thats why we enjoy working with them.

So I hope this answers your question Smoshi and I hope I didn't sound cheeky or anything, if I did I didn't mean too.

(We don't normaily reply on this thread as this Boards.ie account is to just promote shows. This will be the only reply from now on. Thank you. Thunder and Lightning)

Advertisement