Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I think the small print will say that your card will be charged about €25 if you do not return the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No mention of it on the T+C's from what I can see:
    The Stena Line Terms of Business together with these special conditions apply to all bookings and travel.

Applies to online bookings only
    Day Trip is by foot and is the same price for adults (16+ years) and children (4 – 15 years). Infants (0 – 3 years) travel free.
    €7 fare applies to travel on a Tuesday only. Day Trip is €15.50 on a Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    Book 48 hours in advance of travel.
    Travel from Dublin at 08.10 hours and travel from Holyhead at 14.00 hours or 20.30 hours for return to Dublin.
    Travel from Rosslare at 08.00 hours and travel from Fishguard at 13.10 or 23.45 hours for return to Rosslare.
    Passengers must disembark the ferry in Holyhead.
    No refund if the booking is cancelled.
    No-shows: If all passengers on a booking fail to show for the outward sailing, the booking will be cancelled in full. If one or more passengers on a booking check-in for the outward sailing, then it will not be cancelled.
    Passengers are not permitted to bring luggage or own alcohol onboard.
    It is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens.
    There are no charges for credit or debit card transactions.
    Please note prices are subject to availability. Limited space available on peak sailing times.
    No-shows: If all passengers on a booking fail to show for the outward sailing, the booking will be cancelled in full with no refund issued. If one or more passengers on a booking check-in for the outward sailing, then it will not be cancelled, although the passengers who didn’t travel will not be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

That's odd. I'm sure it was there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

cormie wrote: »
    No mention of it on the T+C's from what I can see:

Might have been a past Irish Ferries offer but I have definitely read somewhere the bit about being charged if you don't return the same day.

Aye, maybe it was on the Irish Ferries one, I think they've done similar day trips before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nemefuria

But they don't need to implement the "penalty" for not returning the same day. According to the T&C, your return trip on a different day will be forfeit automatically as you won't be able to turn up for the outward journey. You could pay a full price single return journey I suppose and save less.

Oh yeah, I get what you mean! Buuut, it seems if you go to the .co.uk address, you can do the opposite to get back to Ireland for £12.50 :pac:

So you'd have to book the outward on the .ie site and the return on the .co.uk site!

Would anyone happen to have any of them 25% off codes please? :)

Would anyone happen to have any of them 25% off codes please? :)
    Last ones ran out about a week back. I hoping for another before September.

25% off is back again until 23:00 on the 24th of August!

• Advertisement

25% off is back again until 23:00 on the 24th of August!

yep both Stenna and Irish Ferries. They seem to be firing these out for a few days every month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

my3cents wrote: »
    yep both Stenna and Irish Ferries. They seem to be firing these out for a few days every month now.

Thanks - is anyone offering discount on a next day return saling?

Thanks - is anyone offering discount on a next day return saling?

IF seem to have a next day return offer price from the home page you should find the offer. It doesn't show the price as discounted but just checked the weekend prices and can see they are cheaper than I'd expect by a useful amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

my3cents wrote: »
    IF seem to have a next day return offer price from the home page you should find the offer. It doesn't show the price as discounted but just checked the weekend prices and can see they are cheaper than I'd expect by a useful amount.

thanks looks like it doesnt apply the discount to next day... the fair im looking at is around 208 euro for two people and a car next day return

thanks looks like it doesnt apply the discount to next day... the fair im looking at is around 208 euro for two people and a car next day return

Thats heavily discounted.

Try changing your return date to a day in advance so you are staying another day and see how the prices shoot up.

Stena 20% off, "Book using the code PACKED20 by 4 September and save on travel right up until 5 January 2020!"

The Stena Line Terms of Business together with these special conditions apply to all bookings and travel:
    • 20% discount applies to new Economy, Flexi and Premium motorist fares only when using offer code PACKED20.
    • Valid for travel from Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard.
    • Travel up to 5 January 2020.
    • Book a minimum of 48 hours in advance and by 23.00hrs on 4 September 2019.
    • Offer excludes freight, bicycles and foot passenger travel.
    • Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens.
    • Any discounts or points given are based on the fare before applying any fees and dues.
    • Service fee applies to non-web bookings.
    • Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
    • Stena Line reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.

tbh I'd wait for a 25% IF offer however perhaps there next one will be 20% in line with Stena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

When do the discount codes come out for travelling for May /June 2020.Want to travel to the UK but couldn't find any discount for travelling in these months?

When do the discount codes come out for travelling for May /June 2020.Want to travel to the UK but couldn't find any discount for travelling in these months?

Can't remember when the new time table comes out but you've plenty of time next year but I think the new time table should be out at the end of the year in time for yet another offer.

If you can be bothered go back through the thread and see how many offers come out between Jan and June, I'd say at least two 25% off offers.

The thing to do is to sign up for the newsletters then you'll get notification as soon as the offers are available.

Stena is the latest in my in box

Be wise, save 20%

Catch the last of the sun and sail off on an autumn escape. Right now, there’s 20% off motorist fares from Dublin to Holyhead or Rosslare to Fishguard, swoop in while you can!

Sail with Stena Line and enjoy the little things we do that make every trip a big hoot.

Book using offer code HOOT20 by 16 September and save on travel right up until 5 January 2020!

The Stena Line Terms of Business together with these special conditions apply to all bookings and travel:

T&C's......

20% discount applies to new Economy, Flexi and Premium motorist fares only when using offer code HOOT20.
    Valid for travel from Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard.
    Travel up to 5 January 2020.
    Book a minimum of 48 hours in advance and by 23.00hrs on 16 September 2019.
    Offer excludes freight, bicycles and foot passenger travel.
    Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens.
    Any discounts or points given are based on the fare before applying any fees and dues.
    Service fee applies to non-web bookings.
    Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
    Stena Line reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Anybody aware of any discount codes at the moment? Looking to travel 28th October 2019 from Dublin to Holyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

hi there has anyone any codes for stena or irish ferries that might work this month ? we weren't supposed to be travelling till end of following month but trip has been moved up...

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

HairMare wrote: »
    hi there has anyone any codes for stena or irish ferries that might work this month ? we weren't supposed to be travelling till end of following month but trip has been moved up...

I spoke to a guy at IF who said there's none at the mom. It's desperate expensive but because of half-term it'll be the only time I can travel. :mad:

yeah we are in the same boat pardon the pun, its crazy expensive, we are travelling by van and getting rode completely

I'm travelling the end of November I'll hold out to at least the first week before booking in case of a decent discount. Might even go with Stena as Irish Ferries have been cancelling a lot around storms when in the past they would have sailed (25 years travelling with them).

irish ferries does seem the cheaper option for me, i just checked stena and over 600, like id expect alot for that, last time we travelled with them heaters werent working on boat we were frozen and sick subsequently

irish ferries does seem the cheaper option for me, i just checked stena and over 600, like id expect alot for that, last time we travelled with them heaters werent working on boat we were frozen and sick subsequently

That sounds like a weekend trip with a large family and a camper van :eek:

its mental, and you can't book there hotel breaks with a van, but you can with a motorhome... like sorry now there the same flippin size and take up same space on the boat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

its mental, and you can't book there hotel breaks with a van, but you can with a motorhome... like sorry now there the same flippin size and take up same space on the boat...

Vans, by their nature, attract commercial fares AFAIK

• Advertisement

they do, but even when you tick the non commercial box your still fleeced, its just an excuse

Advertisement