Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It must be seriously demoralising when you get passed on the straight like you're going backwards. There's some motor in those Ducatis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭XsApollo

legrand wrote: »
    Something about Aragon - probably the least exciting track to watch racing - made worse by MM sleep waking to victory.

Dunno if this applies any more?  Lorenzo had a handful of 'days' in the Ducati last season and it's been a few years since he was leading the field otherwise (and sad to say - same for Rossi) . Reckon up to other young-fella's with right bike package to take the fight to MM. We may need to wait awhile yet however.

Well he was coming good on the Duc but had jumped ship , and his first season at Honda has been worse than the Ducati, he still has the speed if it comes right,
    And I’m more thinking like that someone to challenge Marc when he isn’t having a bad day.
    Lorenzo is the only one out there I think .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

XsApollo wrote: »
    legrand wrote: »
    Lorenzo is the only one out there I think .
    Fabio on the Yamaha and Pol on the KTM are showing their potential, while Dovi was outstanding on the Duke yesterday. Miller is getting better, while Rins and Mir can win on the Suzuki in the future.

Jorge can win again but not on a Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Big Highside for Marquez in Buriram, bike looks mangled. MM was taken to the Medical centre for a checkup.
    EGAScIxUwAEXbMO?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Big Highside for Marquez in Buriram, bike looks mangled. MM was taken to the Medical centre for a checkup.

Seems hes ok. Just a few bumps and bruises.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

Seems hes ok. Just a few bumps and bruises.
    Fastest Honda in Q2 , MM will be sore tomorrow that was a big crash.

Rumours that Ducati have offered Fabio a lot of money to sign .
    Zarco in talks to test for Yamaha - which is not a huge surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Honda would be bolloxed if anything happens to MM.
    He's the only rider capable of getting the best out of that machine.
    Remind me again where the next best RCV is?

Honda would be bolloxed if anything happens to MM.
    He's the only rider capable of getting the best out of that machine.
    Remind me again where the next best RCV is?
    Agree - you are looking at Ducati post Stoner of Marc misses races or changes teams ( KTM $$$)

Watching the Honda in Thai quali and it looks awful - Keith and Hodgie highlighting its many failings as all but MM can control it.

Lorenzo and Cructhlow ,both competent winners , can't ride the bike.

Michael Laverty also highlighting the electronics on Cals bike are all over the place.

Watching the Honda in Thai quali and it looks awful - Keith and Hodgie highlighting its many failings as all but MM can control it.

Lorenzo and Cructhlow ,both competent winners , can't ride the bike.

Michael Laverty also highlighting the electronics on Cals bike are all over the place.

• Advertisement

Another last lap thriller - Moto 2 and 3 had a few incidents. ..

Talk about Lorenzo taking a year out seem to have ramped up - reading between the lines Jorge and Cal fear serious injury riding the bronco horse that is this year's Honda

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Obviously Marc is exceptional on that bike but can Honda really not develop something else that will suit there other riders better?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    The differences are so marginal that a change to (say) the chassis could mean even MM would loose ½ a second a lap - for another rider that could translate to seconds a lap. Look at Lorenzo (even aside from the injuries he's carrying).
    It's the holy grail for all manufacturers - man and machine.

Autosport reporting that Zarco is to substitute at LCR Honda for Nakagami for the last three races (ie after motegi) to allow the Japanese ride to have a shoulder operation.

The 2nd LCR ride is the only seat not yet confirmed for 2020.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Autosport reporting that Zarco is to substitute at LCR Honda for Nakagami for the last three races (ie after motegi) to allow the Japanese ride to have a shoulder operation.

The 2nd LCR ride is the only seat not yet confirmed for 2020.

Nakagami has the LCR ride now. Confirmed to be out for the final 3 races.

Yamaha have poached a Ducati engineer. Apparently he knows the Marelli system inside out. I'll link later when I'm home.

Who has the 2nd KTM Factory bike in 2020?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Who has the 2nd KTM Factory bike in 2020?

Kallio is favourite but his form has been very poor since Zarco's dismissal.

Question marks remain over Lorenzos Honda ride in 2020 - Zarco's LCR cameo is seen as an audition for the HTC ride.

Another snoozefest. Lorenzo needs to get out of there asap. As bad a fit as I've seen. I'm done with 2019 now. Roll on next season.

• Advertisement

Another snoozefest. Lorenzo needs to get out of there asap. As bad a fit as I've seen. I'm done with 2019 now. Roll on next season.

With Philip Island this weekend, Moto 2 and Moto 3 champioships far from decided it might be worthwhile hanging all a little bit longer. ....

Infoanon wrote: »
    With Philip Island this weekend, Moto 2 and Moto 3 champioships far from decided it might be worthwhile hanging all a little bit longer. ....

Course yeah, just meant the premier class. Moto2 and 3 have been excellent.

Brad Binder announced as Zarco's replacement at the Factory KTM team.

Lecuono is Binders replacement at Tech 3.

Olivera stays at Tech 3 KTM with Pol leading the factory KTM team.

Rossi has no speed in that bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Rossi has no speed in that bike.

lorenzo was 66 seconds behind MM and 21 seconds behind syahrin that is a crazy.

even more crazy is he was 39 seconds behind Zarco and he is on a satellite bike and it was his first race. i can only imagine zarco will be even quicker at the next race

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    lorenzo was 66 seconds behind MM and 21 seconds behind syahrin that is a crazy.

even more crazy is he was 39 seconds behind Zarco and he is on a satellite bike and it was his first race. i can only imagine zarco will be even quicker at the next race

Jorge needs time out and to get back on a Yamaha or Ducati - can't see how Jorge can continue at Honda. Don't buy the LCR story that they surprised HRC with the Zarco subbing suggestion.

Zarco goes well at Sepang historically.

Enjoyed the race , though Moto 3 was the most exciting - any one of ten could have won !

I wonder will Dani come back for the final race. I know he said before he wouldnt return but Oliveira is out after shoulder surgery. Kallio is already riding for the factory team in place of Zarco. There a Tech3 seat empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    How about a Wild Card (thems was the days) - Michael Dunlop - for the craic like! Might even win the race :)

Lecuona is making his MotoGP debut a race ealier than planned he leaves Moto2 now to replace Oliveira.

• Advertisement

Jorge Lorenzo has called an exceptional press conference for 3pm local time in Valencia.

It is widely expected that Jorge will announce his retirement, though a year sabbatical to recover from injury is possible.

If Jorge does retire Johann Zarco is the front runner for the works Honda seat.

Advertisement