Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

brianblaze wrote: »
    So was it 'kayfabe' hate then or just people being d*cks?

The wrestler in question was accused of doing something, and found guilty of that thing in court. That's why he's not liked. It's not from nothing, unfortunately.

You can listen to the lowblows podcast, Katey Harvey talks about it a bit and about both sides of the issue. Episode 261, about 17 minutes in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Someone on Twitter finally posted the attached. No luck finding the link from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

rizzla wrote: »
    Someone on Twitter finally posted the attached. No luck finding the link from it.

OK so he committed a crime years ago, was sentenced and punished and moved on. I'm assuming all these fans on Twitter who started all the crying have never seen any of the Hangover movies with Mike Tyson in them? Or none of the Marvel movies with Robert Downey Jr in them?

Hitting a woman is the worst thing a man can do, but he did it and paid for it. I'm no supporter of his nor a fan but this is the biggest case of "oooh look at me, I'm offended and woke" that I've ever seen.

I saw a fully grown MAN say he's afraid to go to shows now and wants to sell his 5th anniversary show ticket. Grow up you scruffy loser.

Imagine if the wrestler in question harms himself in any way over this? As it's been alluded to by several Irish wrestlers they're afraid he will so it must have been discussed by him.

What he did was disgraceful, he paid for it. He deserves to have a life after it though, as does anybody who committed a crime and served a sentence.

Well I'm all for second chances, a simple acknowledgement and apology. It was a mistakes I have learned and will grow from it etc.

Being convicted, to me, doesn't imply you are sorry. Just that you were caught.

How many years ago did it actually happen? The report mentions a 21 year old. How old is he now? It's suspicious it's only coming up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Well I'm all for second chances, a simple acknowledgement and apology. It was a mistakes I have learned and will grow from it etc.

Being convicted, to me, doesn't imply you are sorry. Just that you were caught.

How many years ago did it actually happen? The report mentions a 21 year old. How old is he now? It's suspicious it's only coming up now.

I saw someone mention 2013 on Twitter but, again, not the best means to get info.

Also, in my post I completely forgot to mention the most important celebrity of all in all of this outrage: STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN.

Repeated domestic abuser, never convicted and we all know wrestling fans feelings on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Surprised he got the gig with such a conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

So you can see now why it spoiled OTT's all womens show when they put they NLW title on him. The wrongheadedness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

I saw a fully grown MAN say he's afraid to go to shows now and wants to sell his 5th anniversary show ticket. Grow up you scruffy loser.

why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

BDI wrote: »
    Surprised he got the gig with such a conviction.

He has no chance of getting to WWE now. Look what happened to Rich Swan. Unless you're a beer chugging sob who makes the company millions of dollars you are blackballed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I suppose it's tough to separate the real person from the performer.

That being said, I'm sure a few of the people who are jumping on the chap probably want Benoit in the hall of fame, or say Hogan's not a racist, or are subscribers to the WWE network, or listen to any of the podcasts by people with shady pasts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I assume this is the last match to be announced for OTT 5th show:
    Speedball, Killer Kross, & Calum Black Vs. Cara Noir, The O.J.M.O & Omari.
    Would have liked to have seen Mike Bailey in a number one contenders match for one of the titles or something like that. But this could be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Haven't seen a card yet. Who is OC wrestling?

Haven't seen a card yet. Who is OC wrestling?

I hope it's B Cool!

Scratch that. I hope it starts as B Cool v OC, then J Money intervenes, and it ends as B Cool and OC v the True Pros...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I suppose it's tough to separate the real person from the performer.

That being said, I'm sure a few of the people who are jumping on the chap probably want Benoit in the hall of fame, or say Hogan's not a racist, or are subscribers to the WWE network, or listen to any of the podcasts by people with shady pasts...

Good point.
    People can be very selective with it comes to someones past.

Say it will be a crazy overbooked match. Perhaps Angel Cruz coming for the save at the end. Get to say goodbye in the ring?

Say it will be a crazy overbooked match. Perhaps Angel Cruz coming for the save at the end. Get to say goodbye in the ring?

The real dream was OC v Angel Cruz

Defiant tickets are approx €30, I wonder will the place end up half empty at that price - would be sad to see for the female workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

"Bringing my young kid to an NLW show in Naas as he has just gotten into wreslting

Are these shows decent?"

Replying to my own comment

The show was fantastic, great atmosphere and definitely would go again to an Irish show.

Felt the wrestlers were curtailed in the Moat and could have done far more in a bigger area

Really impressed with some of the performers who majorly stud out

LJ
    Darren Kearney
    Amy
    Rough Stuff

The hilarity of Justy and B Cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Any reports from the Phoenix show yesterday?

I see that they have their Christmas show sorted for December 14th at their gym again. They gym is grand but I would love if they found a decent venue again. We were blessed with the Kino.

bot43 wrote: »
    Any reports from the Phoenix show yesterday?

I see that they have their Christmas show sorted for December 14th at their gym again. They gym is grand but I would love if they found a decent venue again. We were blessed with the Kino.

why did they stop doing Dolan's in limerick?
    i was waiting for another show there to go try it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

showpony1 wrote: »
    why did they stop doing Dolan's in limerick?
    i was waiting for another show there to go try it.

They did a show in the Warehouse on Saint Patrick's Day and were surprised that a tiny crowd turned up. :pac: I'd say if they advertised another show on a better weekend they'd sell better numbers. Steve Savage is getting back to full fitness as well and he'd draw a decent crowd in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Paddy’s Day and holiday days like that are typically great draws. Wasn’t Scrappermania on Paddy’s Weekend this year and it sold out the stadium? People are normally looking for something to do on those days and if you can give them something specific to their hobby, they’ll take it. It’s a shame it didn’t work out but I don’t blame Phoenix for trying, it’s a smart move on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Really looking forward to this Saturday. Starr v Devlin has been one of the most enjoyable feuds I've ever seen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

leggo wrote: »
    Paddy’s Day and holiday days like that are typically great draws.

Maybe it's just Limerick so, but there wasn't much energy about the town that night once the parade had tidied up.

I think their other problem was the name of the event (Feck Off, Shnakes!) getting censored online and affecting the reach of their targeted advertising through social media. Definitely remember reading that at the time anyway, whether or not it was a real issue.
    D.Q wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this Saturday. Starr v Devlin has been one of the most enjoyable feuds I've ever seen.

Raging I'll be missing that. Got roped into a pre-Halloween party down this end of the country the same night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

leggo wrote: »
    Paddy’s Day and holiday days like that are typically great draws. Wasn’t Scrappermania on Paddy’s Weekend this year and it sold out the stadium? People are normally looking for something to do on those days and if you can give them something specific to their hobby, they’ll take it. It’s a shame it didn’t work out but I don’t blame Phoenix for trying, it’s a smart move on paper.

Hate doing anything near town on Paddy's day. Traffic insane and everyone is drunk.

Starr interview with the OTT Announcer whos hates courage wrestling was great. It's hard to disagree with anything he's saying. Looking forward to the new hype video today.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus, this is ****ing excellent...

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Was thinking about driving up to this one, anyone know what the story is with parking, any good spots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was thinking about driving up to this one, anyone know what the story is with parking, any good spots?

Side streets off the South Circular Road are your best bet. That's what I always do anyway.

Advertisement