Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IndyCar 2019

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think it’s mad that Daly doesn’t have a seat as it is. He’s performed well in absolute dog cars over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Faugheen wrote:
    I think it’s mad that Daly doesn’t have a seat as it is. He’s performed well in absolute dog cars over the years.
    Yeah and it looks like he improved too. I think he is a potential championship contender if he gets a good car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Daly has a great opportunity this weekend to stake a claim for one of those two McLaren/SPM seats for next season, he's also racing for Andretti in the finale at Laguna Seca. Hinchcliffe and Ericsson are doubtful to return to SPM for next season and they will be looking for at least one experienced US driver next season and Daly ticks that box

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah and it looks like he improved too. I think he is a potential championship contender if he gets a good car.

I agree. Him and Newgarden were always neck and neck in their younger days before they both went different paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Conor Day making a great impression at Portland - a circuit he has never raced on before.just behind HinchCliffe in qualifying.

Big news is that against expectation Hinch has been confirmed at McLaren SP next year.

As an aside enjoyed the quali on SSF1 - 10 minutes quali knock outs and good on screen graphics made it for me,far more exciting than F1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Daly out on first corner. Not much he could do as he got tangled up by other cars. Unfortunate

Ryan Hunter-Rae *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Some serious headbanger driving from Rahal and Hunter-Reay, if this continues I don't see many cars finishing

They kept out herta longer then they of there

Hertha looks like he will be with Andretti Motorsports next year. His current team have blown it twice for him when he was in position to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Faugheen wrote: »
    Ryan Hunter-Rae *facepalm*

Wasn't aware RHR was from Kerry :pac:

Amazing turn of events for Dixie - 2 races ago Scott looked like repeating Ganassis routine season end title challenge but 2 dnfs have put paid to that.

Driving standards - Rahal and RHR in particular - need to be scrutinised and penalised in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So we're down to the decider at Laguna Seca where double points are on offer.

Qualification is tonight (Sat 21st Sep) at 9.30pm.

Race is tomorrow (Sunday 22nd Sep) at 7.30pm.

Here's some permutations from Motorsport.com
    Newgarden leads Andretti Autosport-Honda’s Alexander Rossi by 41 points, Penske teammate and 2016 champion Simon Pagenaud by 42 points, and five-time and defending champ Scott Dixon of Chip Ganassi Racing-Honda by 85 points.

With the race at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca handing out double points for race finishing positions – but not bonus points – a win is worth 100 points, second is 80, third is 70, fourth is 64, fifth is 60 etc. Bonus points remain one for pole, one for leading a lap and two for leading the most laps.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Quick reminder this is starting very soon.

Josef Newgarden is leading on points by 41 to Rossi, and a further point to Pagenaud.

100 points for a win, 80 for second, 70, 64 and various other points.

Rossi needs to win with Newgarden coming 4th or further back.

We'll see how it pans out.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I can see this been an excellent race. Guna go with Rossi to win but won't be enough as newgarden will win the title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

From Japan to Singapore to Monterey, what a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Disappointing race, didnt seem to be chances to pass and even ptp didnt seem effective.
    Think JN was a fair winner for consistency, hoped that Rossi would have a chance this year as he seemed to be more level headed.

Overall been a good season. Got to go to COTA too which was fun.

Strong rumours that Hinch has been dropped by McLaren for the 2020 season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Advertisement

Yep, for the entire best part of yesterday we enjoyed quite the flood of Zak Brown and McLaren related memes on the IndyCar reddit after the news was starting to break :pac:

So now SPAM will be running the last two Indy Lights champions Pato and Oliver Askew full-time next year.

It's really just a testing year for them. I don't expect them to be really competitive. When they are ready to contend Alonso will be there I think.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's really just a testing year for them. I don't expect them to be really competitive. When they are ready to contend Alonso will be there I think.

They have taken over an existing team so no testing involved .
    Alonso has already said that he won't do a full season of Indycar.

Hinch is a Honda man and a lot of Honda publicity in Canada is build around Hinch - how he would end up driving a McLaren with a Chevy engine never added up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Infoanon wrote: »
    They have taken over an existing team so no testing involved .
    Alonso has already said that he won't do a full season of Indycar.

It's a shame "Nando" doesn't want to do a season in Indy, considering how he's always been going on about F1 being too "closed", "corporate" and "stuffy", he'd enjoy the environment in Indy a lot. Make no mistake - the series is competitive, any driver going there thinking "I'm F1 material, I'll wipe the floor with these amateur" is in for a rude awakening, but Alonso already experienced that. I can't imagine a potential Indycar crown would look bad in his resumee...anyway I know I enjoyed attending a race, and will do so again ASAP.

H3llR4iser wrote:
    It's a shame "Nando" doesn't want to do a season in Indy, considering how he's always been going on about F1 being too "closed", "corporate" and "stuffy", he'd enjoy the environment in Indy a lot. Make no mistake - the series is competitive, any driver going there thinking "I'm F1 material, I'll wipe the floor with these amateur" is in for a rude awakening, but Alonso already experienced that. I can't imagine a potential Indycar crown would look bad in his resumee...anyway I know I enjoyed attending a race, and will do so again ASAP.
    Imo two of the three best race car drivers in the world are in Indycar, those being Rossi and Newgarden. The other one imo is Kyle Busch in Nascar.

Remembering Greg Moore today ,October 31st ,on his 20th anniversary.

A talented racer lost too soon - would have been a champion in the PensKe.

Greg Moore RIP

Remembering Greg Moore today ,October 31st ,on his 20th anniversary.

A talented racer lost too soon - would have been a champion in the PensKe.

Greg Moore RIP

Still remember it happening. Was a big fan of him. At the time ChampCar was better than F1. Was a bad few weeks with Gonzalo Rodriguez at the previous race.

Marshall Pruitt has done a few podcasts with Dario, TK and other friends, and another one with Hinch.
    https://youtu.be/Arl_VOXJeAk

TheChrisD wrote: »

And owns the Indycar series

This is good news imho.

Meantime the McLaren bad press continues with it now being confirmed that Hinch will be paid by McLaren this year thereby McLaren not breaking his contract - however the Canadian press are reporting this as Hinch been forced to attend all McLaren PR functions without a race seat opportunity

• Advertisement

Meantime the McLaren bad press continues with it now being confirmed that Hinch will be paid by McLaren this year thereby McLaren not breaking his contract - however the Canadian press are reporting this as Hinch been forced to attend all McLaren PR functions without a race seat opportunity

And if he objects to being a good puppy at any point and turns down any PR function they'll declare him in breach and tear up his contract. Terrible way to treat a driver.

I know they're claiming to be keeping a seat for Wickens, but if he is ever fit enough to drive is he going to want to stay with a team that treats his best friend like this?

Advertisement