Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thunderstorms/Heavy Rainfall 01st June 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

unplug phone cables from computers /fax machines seen Used to be fun during the days of dial up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,793 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

NIMAN wrote: »
    Are these storms that unpredictable?

More than nearly any other weather type, the parameters are particular and in Ireland, rare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭arctictree

Bucketing down here in Roundwood. Dry as a bone 4 miles east of us at the coast.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain has eased off/skies starting to clear in Dublin 16. 5.0mm so far today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Decent looking storm now in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Heavy snow in Dublin 1, starting to stick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Jeans forecast on air right now doesn't have the orange warning, another example of the TV forecast lagging behind the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Feck off you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Constant thunder here in Kilkenny, I am north and west of the action currently, but drops of rain are falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Athy sparking off. (Looking on live map)
    My sister just texted from outside of Kilkenny to say they are experiencing torrential rain and lightning.
    Hoping we get some of the action soon. Monday pm also showing potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭lolie

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Anyone in Longford? Looks like its getting some amount of rain

My sister is in Aughnacliffe today and text me that it's mad thundering an lightning for the past while, some really loud cracks.
    Powers knocked out.

Glorious day here in Waterford City no sign of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tarmac100

Yep, constant thunder lightning and very heavy rain for last 20 minutes in KK city. Thought it was moving away, but last flash and rumble very close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

In a frustrating col of sorts in D9. Just a little too inland for the eastern coastal strip of sun (directly overheard is the split between blue sky and cloud). No rain really as of yet, so would rather it be sunny for now thanthe sky teasing me as is.

Looks like I would have been better situated back home by Athy for a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

tarmac100 wrote: »
    Yep, constant thunder lightning and very heavy rain for last 20 minutes in KK city. Thought it was moving away, but last flash and rumble very close together.

It's a big cell by the looks of it. Extending from halfway to Kells right across to ThreeCastles/Freshford currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

ERU units parked outside all Lidl shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Limerick is humid and calm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The thunder strike areas definitely seem to have migrated south over the last few hours:

3TWHGMM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Rain has eased off/skies starting to clear in Dublin 16. 5.0mm so far today.
    Not even enough to wet the ground here.
    I see Dublin is on that ME weather warning that NIMAN posted, I presume any activity will be confined to the west of the county?
    I'll probably hear some distant rumbles later from that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Sending ye all thoughts and bread!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Patches of blue sky here in cork city. Can see some very tall cloud tops in them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cork better get some of the action! Wait till I get home from work first though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Sunbathing weather in Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Want to get rid of this dross overhead in Dublin if we want some storms later on.

Finally heard a rumble here, light rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thunder echoing around Ballinamore in Leitrim for the past 20 mins. A few strikes of Lightning.

Another rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Thunder/lightning, moderate rain here at the moment, North Kilkenny/Laois border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

No rain falling in D14 anymore, just bland looking cloud overhead, has brightened up a bit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,071 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Thunder/lightning, moderate rain here at the moment, North Kilkenny/Laois border.

I can see and hear it in the distance.

Advertisement