Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Dark Knight marketing thingy!

• 19-05-2007 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

www.ibelieveinharveydent.com shows Aaron Eckhart as Dent. Not that interesting. However, www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com has a slightly more sinister twist, with a pixel being removed each time an e-mail address is entered. I'm intrigued!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hmm, I was thinking this looked a little too much like a fandom thing. The first address points back to the Warner Brothers nameservers, but the second GoDaddy registered, with DomainControl.com nameservers.

The first may be authentic, the second would appear not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

first one will surely be expanded when filming is done?

love the twist on the second one...if its real its fantasic viral marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No-one seen this yet?

Heath Ledger as The Joker.
    4u1ivb8%20.jpg

EDIT: Shoulda read the OP properly! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Captain Smiggy

they're really keeping with the dark tone of the first one(by which i mean batman begins)....not even a trace of maniacal grin....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got one right here.
    Heath-Joker.jpg

EDIT: Upon further investigation those pics may be fake. But they do look cool!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

There is much speculation as to whether the second website is real. Apparently joker cards with 'I believe in Harvey Dent too' scrawled on them have been popping up in comic book shops in LA too. Not for sale, just placed around the shop without staff knowledge. If this isn't real, someone's going to VERY long lengths to fool people.

thats a little creepy.....But at least joker looks cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Site's changed, no more Joker pic, it says "Page not found."
    Until you hit Ctrl+A...

...Awesome!
    And there's non HAHA letters in there too, work out what they say yourself, I'm no fun ruiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

BopNiblets wrote:
    Site's changed, no more Joker pic, it says "Page not found."
    Until you hit Ctrl+A...

...Awesome!
    And there's non HAHA letters in there too, work out what they say yourself, I'm no fun ruiner.

nice

Hmm....Someone is going to a LOT of effort.....and very early....i'd be very surprised if this wasn't done by the movie makers themselves. VERY surprised

• Advertisement

From ComingSoon.net:
    So who is behind all this? It looks to be 42 Entertainment, the company which previously created the "I Love Bees" promotion for "Halo 2" and "Year Zero" for the Nine Inch Nails album "Year Zero." The company just registered SeeYouinDecember.com yesterday, so stay tuned.

Gimme trailer now, I am at the mercy of your viral marketing WB.

If it is all part of the same campaign, then I have to say that the whole thing (especially using two different registrars to sow the seeds of doubt) is an act of diabolical genius.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

If it is all part of the same campaign, then I have to say that the whole thing (especially using two different registrars to sow the seeds of doubt) is an act of diabolical genius.

Well the 2nd site is registered to GoDaddy.com through Domains By Proxy Inc. - exactly as every site (bar nin.com) was for the Year Zero ARG.

Basically, that's the way Entertainment 42 roll and all the sites connected to this will be registered as above, except the official WB site, which is run and maintained by WB.

Looks like we're in for a year of this with a trailer coming in December. Cannot wait for more - still not sure about Ledger as Joker but I'm willing to keep my mind open!

(especially using two different registrars to sow the seeds of doubt)
    Yeah, like double meaning to the crime... Two Faces MO! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Worthy of the Joker himself!

The fact that Warner Bros. haven't come out and said it's fake considering all the hoo-hah suggests that it is indeed genuine.

Remember that last fake Joker pic with him holding up a multi-coloured piece of paper that came out a while back? Within days people had found the original photo of Ledger that had been manipulated, well before the hoaxer himself owned up.

This one is definitely a picture of Ledger no doubt about it, and he's clearly posing for it. This is not a manipulated photo as far as I can tell (though I'm certainly no expert, I'm open to correction)

All this ambiguity is intentional I believe, it seems to have divided the fans, not just to its authenticity but also its quality in terms of an interpretation of the Joker. I for one think it looks fantastic - at last it seems we're going to get a Joker who is actually creepy and SCARY, which is how it should be (so much so, that I wonder how Nolan et al are going to keep this PG13)

I think the problem is that he isn't smiling. I think a full shot of Ledger - with the green hair and the purple costume while smiling that naturally huge smile that he's got - will be the real money shot that I doubt we'll see until the film itself comes out.

Now I know a lot of people swear by Nicholson's Joker as the definitive screen version and they're not going to be persuaded otherwise by this new pic. While I do think he was very entertaining in the role myself, Jack had to do his best with what was fairly shoddy material, but he pulled it off (Imagine the same script and dialogue, except the Joker being portrayed by Nicholas Cage... *shudder*)

I also think maybe Nicholson was perhaps too famous an actor to play it as a proper character piece, which is what I think we're going to get in The Dark Knight. When many (movie) fans say they love the Joker, they actually have in mind Nicholson's 'crazy Jack' routine which we've seen variations of in other films such as The Departed, The Shining among others. This has become their idea of a 'definitive' Joker, and a perfectly valid one at that I hasten to add.

Ledger won't have the same problem this time. First of all he's not a fully fledged movie star (yet) in the sense that he himself is not as famous as the character of the Joker. For this reason, he will be able to fully subsume himself into the role, much like Cillian Murphy did with the Scarecrow in Batman Begins which made him a far more compelling villain than anything we had seen in the Burton/Schumacher films. Secondly, We can be 99% certain that the quality of the writing is going to be infinitely better than Batman '89 with the Nolan brothers writing the script.

I really hope I'll get the impression with Ledger as the Joker as I did with Bale as Batman in the last film - that is, as the film unfolded I felt that all previous versions of Batman in comics, TV shows and movies were all just how different creators imagined Batman must be like, but now I was finally getting to know the man himself, as if he was real - the REAL Batman. So when the that bit came with the camera swooping through the buildings finally closing in on a non-CG figure in a bat-costume standing atop a building - the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I thought 'Wow, so THIS is Batman!' That may sound sacrilegious to fans of the comic (which I am myself), but it was how I felt!

Yes, I have high expectations for this. But I have every faith in Christopher Nolan coming up with the goods. Roll on 2008!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

Almost every comic book writer has a different interpretation of the Dark Knight. So anyone who claims that the route Nolan is taking with the films isn't true to the comics is talking out their hole, to be perfectly honest. These films are a different interpretation, and as such, should be viewed separately from the comics.

What we're gonna get in The Dark Knight is a Joker that is less goofy and wacky and more of a sociopath. So gone will be the Nicholson type craziness. I'm all for this, as it fits in with the world Nolan has begun to create with Begins. Nicholson's Joker was great for the Burton vision, but would be totally out of place in this interpretation.

Still wouldda loved to have seen Paul Bettany land the Joker role! Ah well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

After picking out the letters from the page besides HAHAHA I got
    syouindecember
    and I didn't have a clue what it meant but then i realised I was missing 2 letters and
    it has already been mentioned the the website by the same name has been registered

want a smiling joker?

15656447a4461884595b964763980l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

that isnt real. the only real picture is the one in the fourth post in this thread.

hey, i never said it was real, just that he was smiling....he looks like freakin bettlejuice in the thing though, so i'm glad it's fake.....ah well, least it looks cool....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

want a smiling joker?

*picture*
    Isn't that the Crispin Glover edit?

But yeh, the Heath Ledger one looks f*cked up, very cool. I hope they release a picture of him grinning too... that'll be the clincher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,090 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh, the wait for this film is going to be so long.
    That joker pic freaks all kinds of hell out of me.
    Viral marketing is indeed the best kind of marketing.
    Damn, the capitalists have got me in their grasp! Dastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

read a whole loada rumours about what happens his face - one that he wears a clown mask during his crimes which somehow melts onto his face during a heist of some sort, another that he slashes his own face for some odd reason - hopefully we'll get a real insight into the character though like we did with batman, and hopefully loads more gordon - he rules

Hopefully its like the first one, which was like a really good movie, that just so happened to have batman in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Hopefully its like the first one, which was like a really good movie, that just so happened to have batman in it.

When you say first one, do you mean Batman '89 or Batman Begins?

Sorry to ask, it's just that I'm a bit of a Nolan loyalist y'see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

The theory with the most apparent truth behind it for Jokers face is...
    During a bank job he shoots down a zip line and Batman uses a Batarang to cut it. The cable snaps back causing the huge gash on his face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Slurms wrote:
    No-one seen this yet?

Heath Ledger as The Joker.
    4u1ivb8%20.jpg

EDIT: Shoulda read the OP properly! :p

Oh please say this is the shape of things to come. :eek:
    Christopher Nolan has a 100% record so far, here's to continuing that streak!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Any word on the authenticity of the picture in post #6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

Can someone confirm whether or not this picture is real?

LINK

gizmo wrote:
    Any word on the authenticity of the picture in post #6?
    Fake, IIRC.
    StarryBud wrote:
    Thats a pisstake, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

StarryBud wrote:

LINK

lolol

Advertisement