Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paul Newman retires before he gets retired.

• 30-05-2007 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

from guardian
    The 82-year-old star says he took the decision because he found he oculd no longer act as before. "I am not able to work at the level that I would want to," Newman told ABC News, the US TV channel. "You start to lose your memory, you start to lose your confidence, you start to lose your invention.

"So I think that's pretty much a closed book for me," he concluded.

Good man Paul! You don't to be remembered for just turning up for old times sake as some have done in the past. He was never quite as cool as Steve McQueen but he'd be level with Eastwood in my book.

Its Mayo recipes from now on I guess. :)

Mike.

ps Whatever the hell happened to movie icons anyway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

He was better actor than McQueen tho, imo

It's a shame, but he's left a legacy of quality, he's one of my favourite actors, if not my favourite. His last on-screen performance, in Road to Perdition was a reminder of how fine an actor he is.

That, and the charity work he's done, Barrettstown for example, is to be greatly admired. He's a legend in every sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Yeah, I prefer him to McQueen too. It would have been nice to see him pair with Redford one last time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

My favourite actor of all time. A true cinema legend and also a great role model. Cinema-wise even when the movie was bad Newman was great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

yes a true great of the silver screen....

and don't forget he's been married to the same woman (joanne woodward) for over 40 years, which is quite something especially considering how good looking the guy is...he must have had the ladies throwing themselves at him over the years.

wish i had his looks:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bob Mitchum was married to the same woman for 57 years so that theory goes out the window!

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement