Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Award Season 2019

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Met Gala is tonight, theme is "Camp"

Lady GaGa has gone back to her own unique bonkers style from serious award nominated actress :P

Saoirse Ronan in Gucci

7797575714_saoirse-ronan-au-met-gala-2019.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gaga just nailed it, I love her! And as for Billy Porter... Damn!!

Also loved Celine Dion, Michael Urie, Kacey Musgraves, Ezra Miller, Janelle Monae.

Karlie Kloss and Joshua Kushner could not have been more boring, so disappointing!

Sorely missed Madonna, SJP and Blake Lively.

Bafta TV Awards tonight

Jodie Comer

jodie-comer-bafta-tv-awards-2019-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Love Jodie Comer she is an amazing actress and looks amazing there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

British Soap Awards

Stephanie Davis and boyfriend costar Owen Warner

British+Soap+Awards+2019+Red+Carpet+Arrivals+y7HpxxXFLvNx.jpg

• Advertisement

Emmy Awards is tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Halsey, Naomi Watts and Michelle Williams are my favourites. Really glam.
    I liked elements of Zendaya and Mandy Moore's dresses. Kristin Cavallari's dress was a beautiful idea but the seams on the lower part are absolutely shocking! Very poorly finished.
    Least favourite look goes to Gwendoline Christie - ceremonial Gucci robes aside, her hair looked crunchy and in need of a good wash, her makeup was caked on, she had daytime mascara on one eye and nighttime mascara on the other :D , no definition to the brows and that matte lip could not have been removed without a few tears. Not great. Probably still better than what I'd achieve for a night out of course.
    Maya Jama was one of my unexpected favourites this time - she always seems to end up on the "worst dressed" lists but her dress last night really suited her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I liked Jodie Comers dress. Simple tailoring but beautiful.

image.jpg

Likewise for Phoebe Waller-Bridges' dress

image.jpg

I loved Emilia Clarkes dress the most of all, however, I wish the upper pieces of fabric (for the bust) were a big wider.....or not a low-cut to the waist. Her hair and make-up was on point, however.
    image.jpg

Maisie Williams and Naomi Watts also rocked beautiful black gowns. The asymmetric hem style of Maisie William's dress was a nice touch. :)

image.jpg

Yeah, I agree dee_mc, Gwendoline Christies' dress was......eh.....interesting.I'm lost for words, really :confused:

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Gwendoline Christie's dress was out there but I like that. Carice van Hauten also wore interesting dress. Yes there were prettier dresses around but at least 3 versions of red/pink combo don't exactly say much about creativity.

Among less dramatic dresses I liked Sophie Turner's and Maisie Williams's dress. Laverne Cox and whoever wore that green dress also looked great. In general black people look so much better in anything.

Laura Linney, Kristen Bell, Isla Fisher and Michelle Williams looked stunning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s dress is gorgeous but looks so familiar. Has it been worn somewhere else before?

American Music Awards 2019

Taylor Swift

I like the dress but not the boots

2.48570642.jpg?w=640&width=600&s=bn-966343

Advertisement