Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    'Let us go. Jacqueline, your distraction is in place presumably?'

Lysander makes for the door.
    "Yeah, there should be less staff at the tower tonight"

The four of them head outside the door on to the woman's front garden. The tower lies across the street. Traffic grinds to halt outside, people out in their gardens nearby scream in terror.

"We'll deal with the Masquerade crap after Lysander. Let's get over there now"

She runs across the street leaping over the cars in one go. The wolf bounds after her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Yeah, there should be less staff at the tower tonight"

The four of them head outside the door on to the woman's front garden. The tower lies across the street. Traffic grinds to halt outside, people out in their gardens nearby scream in terror.

"We'll deal with the Masquerade crap after Lysander. Let's get over there now"

She runs across the street leaping over the cars in one go. The wolf bounds after her.

Lysander looks at Clarissa briefly.

'Full power my dear, drink your fill of anything that comes near you.'

He follows Jacqueline and the wolf, calling to the wolf softly.

'Hunt, kill, destroy - your only purpose on this night. Do not stop until you are dead or all of the Sabbat are.'

Clarissa grins and rips the heads off nearby by humans, forming the blood the she draws from out of their necks into a hardened shield. She then blinks out of existence.

Up ahead Lysander sees bodies fly from the tower's upper floors and come crashing down onto the grounds outside. Suddenly as he reaches the entrance door there is an explosion on the third floor. The wolf is thrown out of the window and wallops into the ground. Lysander hears her spine break.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander enters through the main doors, instinctively drawing shadows towards him ready to attack.

Upon entering Lysander runs through the first floor. An office complex with charts and diagrams all over the wall. Mostly of the city and conjectured location of Kindred not submitting to Gratiano's rule.

All are dead. Kindred and Ghouls. Hard to tell who did. The more brutal killings were possibly the wolf. One poor ghould is still alive without her legs.

Lysander reaches the stairs to the second floor. Two neonates spring forward with uzis and pelt him with bullets. The shadows however absorb them all.

• Advertisement

Upon entering Lysander runs through the first floor. An office complex with charts and diagrams all over the wall. Mostly of the city and conjectured location of Kindred not submitting to Gratiano's rule.

All are dead. Kindred and Ghouls. Hard to tell who did. The more brutal killings were possibly the wolf. One poor ghould is still alive without her legs.

Lysander reaches the stairs to the second floor. Two neonates spring forward with uzis and pelt him with bullets. The shadows however absorb them all.

Lysander brings forth the shadow as tentacles, slamming them towards the neonates.

OOC: Arms of the Abyss, 2 - one at each neonate, twist and pop their heads off ;)

The neonates fire a stream of bullets at Lysander. The shadow shield holds however and the Arms of the Abyss reach out from beneath a desk behind the neonates and rip off their heads.

The bodies collapse to the ground, the decay delayed by unlike setting in immediately.

The second floor is the same as the first. Aside from these to everybody is shredded, exploded or crushed. Twenty bodies easily.

The neonates fire a stream of bullets at Lysander. The shadow shield holds however and the Arms of the Abyss reach out from beneath a desk behind the neonates and rip off their heads.

The bodies collapse to the ground, the decay delayed by unlike setting in immediately.

The second floor is the same as the first. Aside from these to everybody is shredded, exploded or crushed. Twenty bodies easily.

Lysander scoops up an Uzi from one of the dead neonates and removes the clip from the second one as extra ammo, musing to himself as he does:

'Funny things these firearms, I never had much use for them. May buy me some time when I really need it though.'

Once done he continues upwards, attempting to sense the power levels on the third floor

Lysander senses a strong enough vampire descending from the third floor via the elevator. A Tzimisce.

As he exits the door it steps out. Flesh crafted into a hideous war form glowing with steaming hot blood beneath its carapace.

Lysander summons the shadows and launches them at Tszimice, aiming to crush him in the shroud of darkness

OOC: Shroud of Night, encircling the Tzimisce

• Advertisement

Shadows from the streets, in fact the whole city flood into the tower. The flow up the stairs. Lysander can feel their arrival.

The Tszimice races toward him, running with all its might. He feels something coming to.

He leaps into the air, but before he lands on Lysander the river of shadow bursts through the elevator shaft and the stairs and slams into him. A crushed husk is all that remains when they recede.

Lysander steps over the remains and continues forward, again attempting to sense power levels nearby.

He lets the shadow recede slightly, but keeps the majority cloaked around him for protection.

Lysander senses that the fourth floor has ten vampires of moderate strength on it. Probably about a century old on average. Lasombra and Tszimice, with one Brujah. Like all Brujah he seems to exude raw physical strength and speed.

As Lysander reaches the stairs he can feel them waiting for him.

Lysander senses that the fourth floor has ten vampires of moderate strength on it. Probably about a century old on average. Lasombra and Tszimice, with one Brujah. Like all Brujah he seems to exude raw physical strength and speed.

As Lysander reaches the stairs he can feel them waiting for him.

Lysander nods. A test, indeed.

He draws in the shadows tighter, encasing them upon him, readying himself...

OOC: Black Metamorphosis

As it forms he speaks through the door:

'You have a chance - one only - leave LA now, this moment or die. There will not be a second.'

When his shadow armour is complete, he kicks open the door.

The shadows drawn from the city pile in on Lysander. The ones within erupt from beneath his skin. They join into armour as hard as steel. Lysander steps into the room a ten foot tall monstrosity. His head and arms have receded. In their place four massive tentacles and a set of eight wild eyes, each the size of a man's fist filled with blood coloured concentric circles, open in his chest.

The vampires leap from the window in frenzy. The three that remain fire on Lysander with machine guns but the bullets bounce right off.

"Fúck you Karpov!" the heavy set Brujah leading them roars as he rushes down the hall toward Lysander. He focuses all the strength into his fist, pumping it with Vitae. Then he grants unnatural speed to his legs. With the speed of a race car and the force of a truck he hits Lysander square in the chest. The shockwave shatters the tower's windows and shakes the walls.

When he looks up to see the shadow beast before him unharmed Lysander can feel his mind begin to come apart in fear frenzy.

The shadows drawn from the city pile in on Lysander. The ones within erupt from beneath his skin. They join into armour as hard as steel. Lysander steps into the room a ten foot tall monstrosity. His head and arms have receded. In their place four massive tentacles and a set of eight wild eyes, each the size of a man's fist filled with blood coloured concentric circles, open in his chest.

The vampires leap from the window in frenzy. The three that remain fire on Lysander with machine guns but the bullets bounce right off.

"Fúck you Karpov!" the heavy set Brujah leading them roars as he rushes down the hall toward Lysander. He focuses all the strength into his fist, pumping it with Vitae. Then he grants unnatural speed to his legs. With the speed of a race car and the force of a truck he hits Lysander square in the chest. The shockwave shatters the tower's windows and shakes the walls.

When he looks up to see the shadow beast before him unharmed Lysander can feel his mind begin to come apart in fear frenzy.

Shadow-Lysander peers down at the Brujah first.

'I did warn you.'

He looks up at the three firing the weapons with his multiple eyes whilst his tentacles descend on them.

Muffled screams reverberate through Lysanders shadows as the tentacles pour through them and siphon their Vitae. The stolen blood heals any minor wounds Lysander received.

The gelatinous goop spat forth from Lysander's chest mouth, all that remains of his victims, is hard to recognise as human anymore. It spills and pools at his feet.

The fifth floor lies ahead.

Muffled screams reverberate through Lysanders shadows as the tentacles pour through them and siphon their Vitae. The stolen blood heals any minor wounds Lysander received.

The gelatinous goop spat forth from Lysander's chest mouth, all that remains of his victims, is hard to recognise as human anymore. It spills and pools at his feet.

The fifth floor lies ahead.

Lysander continues forward, still encased in the shadows.

Again he attempts to sense what is ahead, and this time also to see if he can find Jacqueline or Clarissa's whereabouts.

Lysander senses nothing ahead. An unnatural absence of Vitae. When he reaches the fifth floor all within are long dead. Lysander can sense memory within the Vitae on the walls. It seems the survivors of Jacqueline and Clarissa's attack converged on the fourth floor one they had passed.

The fifth floor is a sort of modern bar, complete with mood lighting. Now shattered and broken. In the middle of the floor there is the spiral staircase to Gratiano's office.

Lysander senses nothing ahead. An unnatural absence of Vitae. When he reaches the fifth floor all within are long dead. Lysander can sense memory within the Vitae on the walls. It seems the survivors of Jacqueline and Clarissa's attack converged on the fourth floor one they had passed.

The fifth floor is a sort of modern bar, complete with mood lighting. Now shattered and broken. In the middle of the floor there is the spiral staircase to Gratiano's office.

Lysander makes his way towards the stairs slowly, surveying the room for any unnatural shadow formations as he does.

His Lasombra brain is working in overdrive, steeling himself for the confrontation.

• Advertisement

He ascends the stairs slowly. The shadows here are Gratiano's, but they let him pass.

At the top of the staircase there is a small landing a small table with a wine glass and some vintage moral blood. Royalty. Lysander can smell it.

In front of him is a set of double doors. Thick Mahogany.

A very bad feeling emanates from them.

He ascends the stairs slowly. The shadows here are Gratiano's, but they let him pass.

At the top of the staircase there is a small landing a small table with a wine glass and some vintage moral blood. Royalty. Lysander can smell it.

In front of him is a set of double doors. Thick Mahogany.

A very bad feeling emanates from them.

Lysander makes his way towards the door.

'Gratiano - open the doors. I believe it's finally time we met.'

The doors fling open with a start.

As Lysander looks into the room he sees Jacqueline and Clarissa kneeling before a figure of moderate height.

To the untrained eye simply a man in fifties. Pretty handsome and well dressed.

To eyes that look deeper, Lasombra eyes, this isn't a man. This is the Abyss wearing a man's form. The final form of Lasombra evolution. There is little or no distinction between the Vitae and the Shadow. They are suffused in each other.

"Lysander..." he says first. The voice drills into him. His evolutionary superior. Lysander resists the urge to kneel and Gratiano doesn't push it.

"...I have wanted to meet you for so...so long. My descendant look how you have grown. I am proud of you most of all. Of all those I have known over the centuries"

He steps toward Lysander.

"Will you not kneel before your blood father. I don't desire forced subjugation. I want you to love me. For it was you who freed me. Gave me time to prepare.

When Gratiano came to consume me all those centuries ago I was ready thanks to you. I enacted a powerful discipline. My personality remained after I was consumed. And here I am. It has taken me a long time to take control of this body from Gratiano. But I did and I consumed him. He has been gone now for ten years.

I...Lau-Som-Bheu walk again...or Lasombra as you say in these nights"

He smiles straight at Lysander and it makes his Vitae curl in fear.

DNrKdE.jpg

The doors fling open with a start.

As Lysander looks into the room he sees Jacqueline and Clarissa kneeling before a figure of moderate height.

To the untrained eye simply a man in fifties. Pretty handsome and well dressed.

To eyes that look deeper, Lasombra eyes, this isn't a man. This is the Abyss wearing a man's form. The final form of Lasombra evolution. There is little or no distinction between the Vitae and the Shadow. They are suffused in each other.

"Lysander..." he says first. The voice drills into him. His evolutionary superior. Lysander resists the urge to kneel and Gratiano doesn't push it.

"...I have wanted to meet you for so...so long. My descendant look how you have grown. I am proud of you most of all. Of all those I have known over the centuries"

He steps toward Lysander.

"Will you not kneel before your blood father. I don't desire forced subjugation. I want you to love me. For it was you who freed me. Gave me time to prepare.

When Gratiano came to consume me all those centuries ago I was ready thanks to you. I enacted a powerful discipline. My personality remained after I was consumed. And here I am. It has taken me a long time to take control of this body from Gratiano. But I did and I consumed him. He has been gone now for ten years.

I...Lau-Som-Bheu walk again...or Lasombra as you say in these nights"

He smiles straight at Lysander and it makes his Vitae curl in fear.

Lysander looks directly at Lau-Som-Bheu.

'Blood father.... you live? I knew you would - and all of this... was just to meet me? A phone call would be less...violent, less destructive, you know.'

"Indeed. You have the touch of whimsy even in a time like this.

Well I wanted to see what you could do first. Were you worthy. If not I would have killed you on the spot.

These Sabbat are idiots. The other founders and I are their targets. They devote themselves to destroying us, saying your Camarilla only acts as a front. That behind it we pull the strings. What nonsense. Most of my brothers and sisters are still dormant. Of those that live. The Camarilla is owned by you younger ones. A wonderful institution. Possibly how we should have done things back in the day, but humans were weaker then..."

He looks off smiling.

"I need my favoured son to hold things for me in America. A stable base of operations as I return to ruling our clan. As part of the Camarilla of course.

But I want you stronger. I want an equal.

And that is why I have cowed these two.

The young one has power. Power on my scale. The first of a new clan as I was.
    The older one though. Well she is the last of her line. She hides it well, but she's not too far from the girl in strength. Rare gifts which would work well with your natural Lasombra talents.

Consume one my son. Two would overwhelm you. The survivor can be your slave or we will simply grant them final death"

He gestures and Jacqueline and Clarissa stand and approach Lysander.

"Ly?" Clarissa manages.

"Indeed. You have the touch of whimsy even in a time like this.

Well I wanted to see what you could do first. Were you worthy. If not I would have killed you on the spot.

These Sabbat are idiots. The other founders and I are their targets. They devote themselves to destroying us, saying your Camarilla only acts as a front. That behind it we pull the strings. What nonsense. Most of my brothers and sisters are still dormant. Of those that live. The Camarilla is owned by you younger ones. A wonderful institution. Possibly how we should have done things back in the day, but humans were weaker then..."

He looks off smiling.

"I need my favoured son to hold things for me in America. A stable base of operations as I return to ruling our clan. As part of the Camarilla of course.

But I want you stronger. I want an equal.

And that is why I have cowed these two.

The young one has power. Power on my scale. The first of a new clan as I was.
    The older one though. Well she is the last of her line. She hides it well, but she's not too far from the girl in strength. Rare gifts which would work well with your natural Lasombra talents.

Consume one my son. Two would overwhelm you. The survivor can be your slave or we will simply grant them final death"

He gestures and Jacqueline and Clarissa stand and approach Lysander.

"Ly?" Clarissa manages.

Lysander looks at both of those in front of him.

The Prince of Los Angeles.

And sweet Clarissa... his companion, his friend... his...daughter.

He turns to La-Som-Bheu.

'This is an easy choice. Did you know...'

He points at Jacqueline.

'On a number of occasions she has attempted to kill me.

Would have too, but for other influences. But... I feel a kinship with her strangely, it is like we are drawn together despite being polar opposites in so many ways.

I think she knows what I have done to some of her allies. I don't think she cares. As long as it keeps her in power, all ends justify the means.'

He then looks at Clarissa.

'And then we have... Clarissa. Young - but completely deadly. She has learned so much and would never betray me... in fact, she cannot.

Her powers.... I feel the allure every day, they call to me, call me to the darkness, to feed on her and take it for my own.'

He slams his hand on the desk.

'But I must draw the line, blood father. Power is everything... and nothing.

I have found in my time with Clarissa... companionship, trust - I cannot betray it.'

He turns back to the women in front of him.

'There is only one choice to make. This is for Larry Carson, and the other of Clarissa's kind you ordered me to kill.

Goodbye, sweet Prince. Our time together was fleeting in the end, I hope I served you well.'

He walks toward Jacqueline, awaiting La-Som-Bheu's approval.

"It is your choice my son. Drink well, drink heartily"

Jacqueline is let speak, but she cannot run.

"Well Karpov. I brought you to this city. Wanna know why?"

"It is your choice my son. Drink well, drink heartily"

Jacqueline is let speak, but she cannot run.

"Well Karpov. I brought you to this city. Wanna know why?"

'If you wish to tell me, Prince Jacqueline that is your decision. I can at least grant you that... whilst I feed.'

Lysander bares his fangs.

"Cause power has to be shared. You'll understand soon enough"

She bares her neck.

"Just get it over with. Gotta say I enjoyed these last few nights. No hard feelings"

• Advertisement

"Cause power has to be shared. You'll understand soon enough"

She bares her neck.

"Just get it over with. Gotta say I enjoyed these last few nights. No hard feelings"

'Truth be told, so did I. I almost regret that I won't have you around anymore, you know.'

He smirks.

'Almost.'

He begins to feed.

Advertisement