Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thunderstorms/Heavy Rainfall 01st June 2018

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

MJohnston wrote: »
    No pleasing some folks - 22/23 is basically my upper limit of 'comfortable'!

I love those temperatures, but they are not that warm. Those sort of temperatures are normality in London most of the summer and not temperatures to rave about. Sadly most summers we rarely reach those temperature unless the Atlantic is put to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gonzo wrote: »
    I got my wish for today: totally bone dry and no rain.

If I escape tomorrow then it will be dry for another week. The UK forecasters are showing a lot of instability tomorrow over the North-East and Northern Ireland so perhaps some showers at my location tomorrow, but hopefully not!

Grass here is starting to wilt and turn yellowish brown in places: a sign of a decent start to Summer![/QUOTE]

Hate in some ways to say this but we do need rain. Maybe just at night, "Camelot" style!!!! Next thing we will be facing a drought... and wild fires...Grass needs to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Ive seen more rain fall here in my part of Athlone in the last 5 minutes than I did all day yesterday even though parts of the town had roads flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Graces7 wrote: »
    Gonzo wrote: »
    I got my wish for today: totally bone dry and no rain.

If I escape tomorrow then it will be dry for another week. The UK forecasters are showing a lot of instability tomorrow over the North-East and Northern Ireland so perhaps some showers at my location tomorrow, but hopefully not!

Grass here is starting to wilt and turn yellowish brown in places: a sign of a decent start to Summer![/QUOTE]

Hate in some ways to say this but we do need rain. Maybe just at night, "Camelot" style!!!! Next thing we will be facing a drought... and wild fires...Grass needs to grow.

Agreed, my garden is in a sorry state.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just had 5mins of drizzle, hope thats it for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It flogged rain in my location near Limerick city yesterday evening between 8 and 9pm yesterday evening. Heard a couple bangs of thunder. I did hear almost constant far away thunder from storms in south Limerick and nearby Tipperary earlier in the evening. Rain continued until after 10 last night. No rain at Shannon Airport the nearest Met station to my location. It would have been a spectacle if it was night time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice Sat Pic from the geostationary of the convection over Ireland yesterday.

priKLii.jpg

Advertisement