Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis 70 euro is quite a price hike, that would put you off. Also the Koda 16 is now 500 euro, pretty sure it used to be 400. Wonder whats behind it, maybe they are planning a 'sale' in February so are jacking prices now to reduce them later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Muahahaha wrote: »
    jaysis 70 euro is quite a price hike, that would put you off. Also the Koda 16 is now 500 euro, pretty sure it used to be 400. Wonder whats behind it, maybe they are planning a 'sale' in February so are jacking prices now to reduce them later

Demand more and supply less in covid lockdown !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Seen comments from Ooni on social media saying its due to an increase in the price of steel and logistics!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah right, still off putting for those who were intending to get one for the summer. I was intending to sell my Ooni later this year and upgrade it to a Karu for 279 but now its at 349 I wont be bothering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

ah right, still off putting for those who were intending to get one for the summer. I was intending to sell my Ooni later this year and upgrade it to a Karu for 279 but now its at 349 I wont be bothering.

I have the Karu and its a great oven but i don't think i would pay over €300 for it now ,im thinking about upgrading myself for the summer either the pro or 16 but ill wait and see over the next few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

Hi!
    Does anyone have a referral code I could use?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Quick question. I recently got an ooni and was going out to fire it up for the first time. I got a butane tank and was going to blast it up. The connection for not fit. Is the propane and butane connections different?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I am not a registered has installer and I'm not totally familiar with the different valves, but I think that you can just cut a gas attachment for Butane Vs Propane and attach generally speaking. This might work for Ooni.

(Don't do if in doubt, this is just an idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Yep the ooni comes with a patio gas regulator. which has propane inside the canister. So either buy a patio gas 11kg bottle or as previous poster says change the regulator. ooni do advise to only use propane though. Burns hotter I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Double C wrote: »
    Same as that, got the pizza peel but no oven. Was delivered by a girl in what looked like her mother's car, very strange :) She said her da may be back with the rest later :pac:

Did your oven arrive? Mine didn't. Still only have the sizzler plate and the cover I got on Tuesday (today is Sat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

epopnomis wrote: »
    Yep the ooni comes with a patio gas regulator. which has propane inside the canister. So either buy a patio gas 11kg bottle or as previous poster says change the regulator. ooni do advise to only use propane though. Burns hotter I think.

I done that, just be careful i ordered a regulator off of Amazon and a UK one came, its different to the irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Hi!
    Does anyone have a referral code I could use?
    Thanks!

I have 10% one. If you still need one drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭insullation

Same I have a Karu. While I like it I think they are overrated to be honest and no way would I pay over 300 for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Saw this in the Pizza thread in the food forum

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ooniownersireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭thefizz

I'm thinking of getting the Fyra but is it mainly for summer use or could I still get it hot enough in winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

thefizz wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting the Fyra but is it mainly for summer use or could I still get it hot enough in winter?

Of course it will, if it got super cold (-10 or colder) you will have trouble with butane but luckily they recommend propane. The issue you might have (and this applies to summer also) is wind. To much wind or rain is going to prevent it from heating up as efficiently or getting as hot if the flame is all over the place.

Have a look at the pizza oven forum, a lot of us have oonis and use them a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

epopnomis wrote: »

Just after getting a propane tank but the fitting is different. Am I missing something obvious?

https://flic.kr/p/2ksEq5m

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Of course it will, if it got super cold (-10 or colder) you will have trouble with butane but luckily they recommend propane. The issue you might have (and this applies to summer also) is wind. To much wind or rain is going to prevent it from heating up as efficiently or getting as hot if the flame is all over the place.

Have a look at the pizza oven forum, a lot of us have oonis and use them a lot

Thanks but it’s the Fyra I mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

I was using my Karu with charcoal last week when it was -2 out didn't seem any slower. Stone was over 500 with IR thermometer. Helps that it was a still night as Pete said the wind is a bigger issue. Saying that I've used mine on pretty breezy days but I have panels on my decking that help block it a bit.

Thanks but it’s the Fyra I mentioned.

Sorry my mistake - hadn’t had my coffee. :o it’s still worth having a flick through the pizza oven forum, I did a lot of research and I went with gas for convenience, the difference in the pizzas is not noticeable.

Wind is still your enemy and you’ll need good quality hardwood. If you have a sheltered place and good quality wood and some time to get it going, you should have no problem at all in winter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

padair wrote: »
    Just after getting a propane tank but the fitting is different. Am I missing something obvious?

You need to get patio gas canister rather than that one. calor is grey, flogas is cream. 11kg size. The gas is still propane in the patio gas.

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Sorry my mistake - hadn’t had my coffee. :o it’s still worth having a flick through the pizza oven forum, I did a lot of research and I went with gas for convenience, the difference in the pizzas is not noticeable.

Wind is still your enemy and you’ll need good quality hardwood. If you have a sheltered place and good quality wood and some time to get it going, you should have no problem at all in winter :)

Thanks Pete, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Used ours a few times over Xmas. The pellets light handy enough.

Once it's now flowing a gale you'll be grand.

Great impulse buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 LarryBarry

Hi would anybody have a 10% referral code they could give out?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

padair wrote: »

You can use that but you need to get a propane regulator. The gas inside is the same as in a patio gas canister but the regulator fitting is different as it's a screw on type vs the push down type on patio gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Does anyone know if these are shipped from the UK?

Am worried about Brexit extra VAT charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

comerla wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these are shipped from the UK?

Am worried about Brexit extra VAT charge.

Ships from Holland so all good https://eu.ooni.com/pages/shipping-and-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

My oven "shipped" on 17th December and is still stuck in the Netherlands :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi

Sorry for asking a stupid question but....I'm going to anyway!!

I ordered the Ooni Koda 12 Gas Powered Pizza Oven (37mbar) - I just assumed i could use my usual calor gas connection and cannister that I use for my weber - is it a different connection and cannister I need to use with this?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry for asking a stupid question but....I'm going to anyway!!

I ordered the Ooni Koda 12 Gas Powered Pizza Oven (37mbar) - I just assumed i could use my usual calor gas connection and cannister that I use for my weber - is it a different connection and cannister I need to use with this?

Thanks in advance.

You need this type of top on your bottle

Advertisement