Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EA UFC 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

3 so far for the tourney, myself, Axwell and Marty. Anyone else?

I have defended my belt 4 times now in career, all 1st or 2nd round finishes with subs, Hard is actually fairly handy as bjj guy. I have 5 star guillotines and leg chokes but can't seem to prestige any submissions, hope it's not just standup moves can be prestiged.

**** EA for their whole snake oil career presentation about choices and relationships. This is shallow as ****! I want over with my current career so I can start a new build on legendary but I don't even know how long that will last. I get rare time to play in the evenings and found myself looking at UFC 4 app and then just playing something else. That's not good for a sports game out just over a week and in a 2 yearly cycle. I get way more time out of Fifa and I have no interest in soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

yeah i'm in

Okay, will wait until Saturday and then kick off the league in this format. Each player plays each other once, best of 3, each player picks a division, if it goes to a 3rd, CAF's at Middleweight to be used. We'll try wrap it up in 1 week.

1 point for win, 0 for loss. Please post here when your fight is done with results. When everyone has played each other, the top 2 players will have a final best of 3 for the B(oards)UFC 4 Champ. If we have a situation where 3 players have 2 wins and 1 loss, the 3 will fight each other in a quarter final.

The winner can print out the below belt and put it on their shelf.

So far:
    Zero-Cool
    Axwell
    martyos121
    stephenl15

524338.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Finding career mode repetitive already after only a week or two of it being out which isn't good!

Couple of small changes here and there but bascially same as last time out.

I'm starting to regret buying this digital to be honest!

Finding career mode repetitive already after only a week or two of it being out which isn't good!

Couple of small changes here and there but basically same as last time out.

I'm starting to regret buying this digital to be honest!

Yeah this is a shambles of a release and what harm, there are some great mechanics in place. Some tweaks to the fighting like stamina drain and TD defense and it can have brilliant core gameplay but there's just the sense this was thrown out for release with as much shallow and flashy stuff as possible. I'm sure it will be patched and improved like previous UFC games so I'm happy to have it digitally and go back to it but seriously unhappy that I'm completely bored and it's not even out 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah this is a shambles of a release and what harm, there are some great mechanics in place. Some tweaks to the fighting like stamina drain and TD defense and it can have brilliant core gameplay but there's just the sense this was thrown out for release with as much shallow and flashy stuff as possible. I'm sure it will be patched and improved like previous UFC games so I'm happy to have it digitally and go back to it but seriously unhappy that I'm completely bored and it's not even out 2 weeks.

I'm just glad I have other games to finish before Ps5 comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

There's no way to change your social media handle once you create your fighter initially? Forgot to change it from @CreatedFighterSocial when I was creating him...... and now I'm stuck with that for the entire duration of the career. I think they'd the same bug in a previous game.

v3ttel wrote: »
    There's no way to change your social media handle once you create your fighter initially? Forgot to change it from @CreatedFighterSocial when I was creating him...... and now I'm stuck with that for the entire duration of the career. I think they'd the same bug in a previous game.

I started a 2nd career and did the same. Annoying but far more annoying things with career :)

I tried it on easy and it's hilarious. I KO my sparring partners every session and every fights in a ko in the first minute. It's fun wrecking people but feels extremely shallow when you have to do fight camp for a few weeks. Gonna go back to finish my Hard career but really not pushed as every fight is a cake walk. Gonna try a legendary run but the sparring for that looks incredibly annoying and very hard to learn any moves or evo points.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The winner can print out the below belt and put it on their shelf.

On the same shelf where it will gather dust....just like UFC4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Annoying but far more annoying things with career :)

True, but it's just sloppy. Literally no reason why it shouldn't be changeable.

I'm finding the ground game to be a total lotto, even with the legacy controls - sometimes it's unresponsive or laggy. No indication as to why as transition happened or was denied - was I too early, too late, not have enough stamina, go the wrong way, not have grapple advantage, etc.

Also, sometimes the controls feel totally unresponsive too. 4 punch combo on the heavy bag? Well that won't be happening as no matter what speed I press the combo, it doesn't register at all, or becomes too fragmented to count as a combo if I slow down.

Still will get the value of out of it for a couple of weeks before NBA, FIFA, PES, etc, but it had a lot more potential.

• Advertisement

Emergency patch incoming to fix the purple screen people get during OWC. Also some fixes to GnP which made it sound like it was definitely broken and not just people 'not knowing the mechanics'. This might help with the tourney as it's crap losing to GnP when it's not your fault.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC/comments/ihwnod/new_patch_spoilers_via_the_official_ufc_4_discord/

New patch is out. Apparently the stamina ford down wicket, gnp has been tweaked to work better, headlock, backpack, standing guillotine all nerfed.

There are ads on the main menu but now also at the start of rounds apparently.

I haven't been on this week, been a hectic one but i should be on runout, next few nights if anyone wants to get tourney fights done.

Just started dirty boxing mode in blitz battles. Pretty enjoyable. Could be my ticket to the trophy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Just started dirty boxing mode in blitz battles. Pretty enjoyable. Could be my ticket to the trophy

That sounded interesting alright when i read it was the next event last night. Instead i played 1 career mode fight and couldn't face anther fight camp so i turned it off. I'll be on later for a few scraps of anyone's around.

Tourney kicked off, Stephen kicked my ass 2-0, great fights, well done man!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They've added in pop-up ads now :rolleyes: I was thinking of getting this but now they can feck off.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-05-ea-on-the-ropes-after-adding-in-game-ads-to-ufc-4

New patch and 2 new fighters, Kattar and Munhoz. Lots of gameplay changes as well. Haven't played this in a few weeks, might give it a spin tonight.

As for the tourney, Stephen is current champ as it looks like no other fights took place so we can have a rolling system. Anyone fancy being the PS4 BUFC champ, challenge Stephen to a best of 3.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-4/amp/news/ufc-4-patch-notes-3?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

New patch and 2 new fighters, Kattar and Munhoz. Lots of gameplay changes as well. Haven't played this in a few weeks, might give it a spin tonight.

As for the tourney, Stephen is current champ as it looks like no other fights took place so we can have a rolling system. Anyone fancy being the PS4 BUFC champ, challenge Stephen to a best of 3.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-4/amp/news/ufc-4-patch-notes-3?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

I'll fight any man.... Except Marty :P

Don't mind that crotch sniffer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

My days of man hugging actually ended very early into UFC 3, I’m more of a striker now but I didn’t have the heart to ruin the running joke. :pac:

I’ll still rest my balls on any man’s chin though, with the right provocation (and virtually, only virtually, I can’t stress that enough).

• Advertisement

Don't mind that crotch sniffer :pac:

Ah here, that’s going too far.

I’d never go for north south, it’s a useless position. Crucifix spam is where it’s at. ;)

I'm selling my ps4 in about 2 weeks (yes, going that far to dodge fighting ye :D ) but will try getting in a few scraps with ye before then. Will be installing again on my ps5 but that will be November with shiny new games.

Might be on one of the nights to play, sorry about not getting involved in the tournament as planned but I just have so little appetite to play this for some reason, and I’ve been gaming much less in general these days anyway.

Even though the game is a bit of a bore competitively online, it’s always fun fighting anyone from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

3.00 Patch is out
    Added 2 new fighters Calvin Kattar and Pedro Munhoz
    Added following fighters to new weight classes:
    Jon Jones to Heavyweight
    Omari Akhmedov to Middleweight
    Frankie Edgar to Bantamweight
    Alexander Gustafsson to Heavyweight
    Added new items to Create A Fighter which include new hair styles, clothing items, and emotes to choose from
    Added Venue select to Invite A Friend
    Updated Main Menu and created a new category, Learn, which includes Practice, Tutorials and Training Manual
    Accessibility still remains under Settings

Added Simplified Controls option to Custom Fight Now Settings. This control scheme simplifies the striking controls to basic inputs and the game chooses what strike to throw next based on the situation.
    Simplified Controls is a new option inside Custom Fight Now that lets you put up a fight without having to know all striking inputs.
    You can turn it on individually for each corner. When turned on, use the face buttons to attack and the right trigger to defend. The AI will then choose what moves or actions to perform based on the timing of the button presses and the situation.

Each face button corresponds to a type of attack:
    X (Xbox) – Square (PS) correspond to punches
    A (Xbox) – X (PS) correspond to kicks
    Y (Xbox) – Triangle (PS) correspond to clinch
    B (Xbox) – Circle (PS) correspond to takedown
    RT (Xbox) – R2 (PS) is used for both blocking high and low and sways, depending on timing

Gameplay Updates
    Added the ability to deny Spear Takedowns
    Persistent Drive added to a few positions
    The Back Clinch Drives from Back Clinch and Cage Back Clinch.
    Persistent drives are when the attacker has a chance to make a quick turn, even after a fast denial, before the drive ends in a break.
    Added D’arce Choke to Back Side Postured up position
    Added transition to Side Control from Back Side Postured up

Added Get Up transition to Back Side Postured Up
    Added dynamic denial windows to flying submissions
    Added additional information to Practice Mode HUD
    Damage Blocked – Amount of blocked damage
    Damage Range – % mod due to range landed at
    Damage Vulnerability – % mod caused by vulnerability

Current Stamina Damage – %mod caused by current stamina
    Max Stamina Damage – % mod caused by max stamina
    Opponent Stamina Damage – % mod caused by opponent’s stamina
    Fixed issue where consecutive knees from Muay Thai clinch would prevent transition to cage clinch.
    Bug when backing up in thai, the Dom could spam knees to prevent entering the cage position.
    Fixed issue where some GnP Hooks appeared to land through successful posts.

Fixed issue where Stacked Guard Heel Hook and Kneebar were on the same input only allowing one to execute.
    Fixed an issue with players escaping Takedowns immediately in certain BackClinch scenarios
    Fixed an issue with potential accidental sway inputs after posting
    Fixed an issue where ground strikes were not causing visual damage to fighters
    Fixed an issue where players could instantly get up from Tower takedowns
    Fixed issue with roles being swapped after cage get up from Sprawl
    Fixed issue with bicep control “spam” cancelling opponent’s knees
    Fixed instances of improper defenses being successful against clinch takedowns

Fixed instances of improper defenses being successful against takedown turns
    Fixed issue with undue priority given to some ground transitions
    Fixed issues with sways during Ground and Pound
    Back Side Dom punches interrupted Sub transitions. These are now disabled during the transition
    Body Side Kick and Spinning Side kick now target opponent’s head if they’re slipping forward
    Head damage now causes a small stamina drain
    Slightly increased damage from Knee on Belly

Slightly increased permanent damage caused by ground and pound
    Increased the effect of damage attributes
    Removed option to block while leaning back
    Tuned striking during clinch escapes
    Reduced duration of the Half guard posture state
    Removed evasion stamina penalty from attacks evaded by blocking sways
    Slip Counters have been tuned
    Tuned clinch entry and escape stamina

Tuned the takedown finish and denial stamina costs
    Tuned submissions
    Tuned Stamina cost of Ground and Pound Strikes
    Tuned Pro and Legendary AI choke submission movement speeds to ensure the Legendary AI does not get punished for moving too quickly.

Misc. Updates
    Miscellaneous updates to some UFC fighter appearances/likenesses
    Cody Garbrandt – Tattoo Update
    Kevin Lee – Tattoo Update
    Tim Elliot – Tattoo Update
    Makwan Amirkhani – Tattoo Update
    Fabricio Werdum – Tattoo Update
    Eddie Wineland – Tattoo and Mustache update
    Jimmie Rivera tattoo update
    Anthony Smith – Tattoo update
    Fixed various UI issues
    Fixed issues with progression for some of the challenges
    Updated OWC Fighter Select to hide opponent’s name and division
    Disabled Ground Defence arrows on Legendary difficulty
    Stamina HUD has been updated visually
    Fixed general stability issues

I have it a lash last night, liked the stamina changes and some little quality of life changes. I still didn't finish my first career so went back to it. Was swearing at my telly in no time. The fights are fun the camp is god awful. How did they not tweak the ai? My boxing partner either runs away or tries to kill me, no normal sparring. My bjj and wrestling partners either try to stand and bang or on the mat, they won't advance and just block my transitions. Infuriating getting through a camp in peak fitness. Made me just turn it off again.

I can't see them updating career and nothing else i want to do in the game.

I'd love a studio make a complete no brand mma game, no licensing, just put all your money in getting the game right with a good career. I'd play a no name mma game over ufc game any day if it was good enough.

I also thought UFC 253, will go on a do some fights and remembered they got rid of that and now you just do challenges like "play 5 MW fights". Do a rake of challenges and unlock a profile pic. Seriously, did they have a meeting and say we have this great idea! or was it what took the least amount of effort and money to implement? This game, mode wise, is a pile of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'd love a studio make a complete no brand mma game, no licensing, just put all your money in getting the game right with a good career. I'd play a no name mma game over ufc game any day if it was good enough.

Agree with this completely. Just make up characters like they do with Tekken or street fighter haha I'm not sure official fighters are 100% necessary for success with these sorts of games.

I also thought UFC 253, will go on a do some fights and remembered they got rid of that and now you just do challenges like "play 5 MW fights". Do a rake of challenges and unlock a profile pic. Seriously, did they have a meeting and say we have this great idea! or was it what took the least amount of effort and money to implement? This game, mode wise, is a pile of ****.
    Haven't played it in weeks and dunno when I'll play it again seeing as sold my last ps4. Actually regret buying it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

Another patch with "general fixes" out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Haven't played it in weeks and dunno when I'll play it again seeing as sold my last ps4. Actually regret buying it to be honest.

Same situation here, blitzed it in the week or two after release and hardly touched since then. Have the patches made much of a difference? I should have just waited for it to hit gamepass/ea play I think.

Advertisement