22-10-2017, 00:39   #151
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV
The pics look quite good. Definitely promising.
No probs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV
With my Bebop i get about 6-7 mins at most out of a battery, and i have 3 batteries (2 came with it and one i got myself). Is this much the same, and if so, can you buy extra batteries handy enough?
No, totally different, you're getting 18 minutes on a charge minimum and above 20 in calm conditions. You can get batteries easily although they are around 80euro a pop, so I purchased an extra one. They are 5100mah and are like a large laptop battery, extremely well made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV
I'm expecting a bit of cash in the bank on monday morning for buying things i dont really need, and at less than €400, it seems like it'd be a sensible purchase.
Yep, it's superb value. If you have the cash I recommend it. As I said, the delivery is pretty slow and hard to track until it reaches the EU. Gearbest support is pretty ****e too. If you can get past that, all's good!

Give me a shout if you have any further questions.
Advertisement
22-10-2017, 00:41   #152
EireCelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaTheHut View Post
No update at all. Just says "Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet!" from date of shipping.

It seems the best accessory is a spare battery. I don't know for certain if spare props are included in the package, but tedpan would be in a much better position to answer those questions.

Click into the link above that and you'll have an idea of where it's at right now if i'm correct.
Thanks from:
22-10-2017, 00:47   #153
JabbaTheHut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireCelt View Post
Click into the link above that and you'll have an idea of where it's at right now if i'm correct.
Nothing. Just reloads the same page. If I click on IEEXP it bring me here http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/pac...fer/type/track and says the order does not exist

I've tried the tracking number in aftership also with no joy
22-10-2017, 00:58   #154
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaTheHut
It seems the best accessory is a spare battery. I don't know for certain if spare props are included in the package, but tedpan would be in a much better position to answer those questions.
There's spare props included, although I'd recommend buying another set for around 10euro. I got a spare battery too which was pricey but worth it for around 80euro.

The drone itself ships with the controller, battery, extra set of props, charger, USB cable and EITHER a WiFi dongle or prop guards. I got the WiFi dongle, others got the prop guards. I've never used the WiFi dongle, just the included usb cable(the controller charges your phone while flying to ensure you don't lose connection). The prop guards get in the way of the cam on windy days, so was happy with what I got.

I watched lots of YouTube tutorial videos to calibrate the drone and cam correctly.

Hope I haven't missed anything, best of luck!
22-10-2017, 01:00   #155
EireCelt

Quote:
Nothing. Just reloads the same page. If I click on IEEXP it bring me here http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/pac...fer/type/track and says the order does not exist

Really, that's weird. Have you talked to gearbest on live support? Do they know about this?
Advertisement
22-10-2017, 01:01   #156
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaTheHut

Yeah, seems they've changed the tracking system. The CE********IE tracking number only works when it reaches the UK/Ireland. They used to provide another tracking number that worked on the Faryaa website. It's missing from my android box shipment too. Really annoying to have no visibility.
22-10-2017, 01:04   #157
JabbaTheHut

Quote:
Really, that's weird. Have you talked to gearbest on live support? Do they know about this?
Not on the live chat, but on the messaging system. Wrote about it a few posts back, and it doesn't make for good reading. Not too worried just yet though

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
Yeah, seems they've changed the tracking system. The CE********IE tracking number only works when it reaches the UK/Ireland. They used to provide another tracking number that worked on the Faryaa website. It's missing from my android box shipment too. Really annoying to have no visibility.
Yep. That's the worst. Not knowing if €330 worth of stuff is coming or not.

Although I still would be surprised if it never arrived at all
(2) thanks from:
22-10-2017, 01:10   #158
EireCelt

Quote:
Not on the live chat, but on the messaging system. Wrote about it a few posts back, and it doesn't make for good reading. Not too worried just yet though

Yep. That's the worst. Not knowing if €330 worth of stuff is coming or not.

Although I still would be surprised if it never arrived at all
Maybe chat on live support to them, mine was in London after a week but it took 3 1/2 weeks to get from London to me due to customs...I found live support good to deal with, just surprised http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/pac...fer/type/track hasn't updated you with anything, i'd get on to live support just to make them aware, would do no harm me thinks.
(2) thanks from:
22-10-2017, 01:15   #159
JabbaTheHut

Quote:
Maybe chat on live support to them, mine was in London after a week but it took 3 1/2 weeks to get from London to me due to customs...I found live support good to deal with, just surprised http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/pac...fer/type/track hasn't updated you with anything, i'd get on to live support just to make them aware, would do no harm me thinks.
You could be right. As I said before, I don't mind waiting. But I don't have a lot of faith in live support helping me much.

Edit. Just reread your post. I have no tracking info at all to say where it is. It may have been in London as yours was, or perhaps (and I suspect) it is still on it's way to Europe. Either way, I suppose I'm better off waiting till the end of the week which will be 4 weeks from shipping and go from there.

Myself and logistic are in the same boat. We'll have to stick it out

Last edited by JabbaTheHut; 22-10-2017 at 01:19.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-10-2017, 18:05   #160
ibrahimovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35846SVdWRk

This fella says you can't use a drone in any public areas like beaches or parks, i brought one at the weekend, where am i gonna fly it then lol!
Thanks from:
23-10-2017, 20:07   #161
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrahimovic
This fella says you can't use a drone in any public areas like beaches or parks, i brought one at the weekend, where am i gonna fly it then lol!
Hahaha, they're the only places I fly!
Thanks from:
23-10-2017, 23:17   #162
Vidcon

Get this drone for €335 with code '11nov348'
Valid till 1st Nov
Use topcashback site to get a few % back too.

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopt...58.html?wid=21

Last edited by Vidcon; 24-10-2017 at 00:45. Reason: added link to drone
Thanks from:
24-10-2017, 00:03   #163
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidcon
Get this drone for €335 with code '11nov348' Valid till 1st Nov Use topcashback site to get a few % back too.
Could you let us know which site???
24-10-2017, 00:43   #164
Vidcon

Sorry, same as in OP .... Gearbest
https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopt...58.html?wid=21
Thanks from:
24-10-2017, 05:47   #165
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidcon
Sorry, same as in OP .... Gearbest