Forum Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-08-2015, 19:50   #1
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick
Verified representative
 
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Next auctions news / highlights

Hi

Just to let you know the preliminary catalogue is up now for this Friday's "Forecourt Ready" car auction at 10.30am

These new Friday morning auctions are proving quite popular with dealers in the sense that there will be just 30 cars or so for auction, all ready to go on their forecourt the next day should they buy!

And the good news is that these auctions are also open to the public, everyone is welcome to come along!

See the preliminary catalogue now HERE

Thanks

Patrick

Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh; 14-09-2015 at 12:56.
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick is offline  
Advertisement
26-08-2015, 20:20   #2
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick
Verified representative
 
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Some pictures of the cars in for auction this Friday!





Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick is offline  
26-08-2015, 20:39   #3
Victor
Registered User
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 73,508
"Forecourt Ready" sounds afwul - but are they safe and in good working order?
Victor is offline  
26-08-2015, 20:49   #4
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick
Verified representative
 
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
"Forecourt Ready" sounds afwul - but are they safe and in good working order?
Ha ha, I hear what you're saying! I suppose the dealers understand it as a car ready for their forecourt! They may still need to give it a quick service e.g. oil, filter but in bodywork terms, there wouldn't be any work required e.g. dents to be taken out, scratches to be buffed out!

As I said earlier, it's open to the public!

Thanks
Patrick
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick is offline  
26-08-2015, 20:52   #5
Victor
Registered User
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 73,508
So, not necessarily safe and in good working order? But they look good.
Victor is offline  
Advertisement
26-08-2015, 21:05   #6
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick
Verified representative
 
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
So, not necessarily safe and in good working order? But they look good.
Most of the cars are safe and in good working order, but because we are an auction house and everything is sold as seen and at trade prices, we don't give a guarantee with the car.

A lot of dealers come from all over Ireland to buy cars here at auction, and they in turn, service them, prepare them for a "Retail Sale"

Buying a car at auction is not for the faint hearted, we always say that and if this is you, you are better going to a retail garage where you will get at least a three month warranty with the car.

But if you have the knowledge, buying a car at auction, you can save €000's!

Thanks
Patrick
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick is offline  
27-08-2015, 15:46   #7
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick
Verified representative
 
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Hi Everyone!

Just to let you know that the catalogue is finalised now for the auction tomorrow, Friday at 10.30am

You can see it HERE

Thanks
Patrick
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick is offline  
27-08-2015, 19:51   #8
liam7831
Registered User
 
liam7831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,737
Hi Patrick,

Cars look great, could you tell me what the final price would be say if a bought a car at a hammer price of €10,000.

Thanks,

Liam
liam7831 is offline  
27-08-2015, 19:54   #9
punisher5112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23,002
You would have fees so you put deposit for bidding number and % of full price
punisher5112 is offline  
Advertisement
27-08-2015, 20:27   #10
punisher5112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23,002
http://www.merlin.ie/buying_fees_and_payment_terms
punisher5112 is offline  
27-08-2015, 20:29   #11
discodiva92
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 345
What are Merlin like to deal with?
discodiva92 is offline  
27-08-2015, 22:36   #12
liam7831
Registered User
 
liam7831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
You would have fees so you put deposit for bidding number and % of full price
Ya thanks I know all that general information already, that's why I asked someone working for the company
liam7831 is offline  
28-08-2015, 09:31   #13
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick
Verified representative
 
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam7831 View Post
Hi Patrick,

Cars look great, could you tell me what the final price would be say if a bought a car at a hammer price of €10,000.

Thanks,

Liam
Hi Liam
Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

At €10,000 the total price you would pay is €10,815 which is made up of €615 of a buyers fee including VAT and an indemnity fee of €200

The indemnity cover is such that, if the vehicle purchased is stolen property or is subject to an undischarged hire purchase agreement and is to be repossessed, the purchase price will be repaid in full.

Thanks
Patrick
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick is offline  
28-08-2015, 12:11   #14
tipptom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick View Post
Hi Liam
Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

At €10,000 the total price you would pay is €10,815 which is made up of €615 of a buyers fee including VAT and an indemnity fee of €200

The indemnity cover is such that, if the vehicle purchased is stolen property or is subject to an undischarged hire purchase agreement and is to be repossessed, the purchase price will be repaid in full.

Thanks
Patrick
200 seems to be a large amount to pay for a car that you are selling as a business and don't know if it is is stolen or not.


What percentage of the cars you sell is found to be stolen or payment owed on that this indemnity is called in to action?
tipptom is offline  
28-08-2015, 12:54   #15
kirving
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipptom View Post
200 seems to be a large amount to pay for a car that you are selling as a business and don't know if it is is stolen or not.


What percentage of the cars you sell is found to be stolen or payment owed on that this indemnity is called in to action?
€200 into €10,000 goes 50 times, so a 1 in 50 chance? Being facetious, but it's a high price to pay when a history check is well below €50.
kirving is offline  
Forum Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet