Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

Sure For Women Advanced Invisible Antiperspirant Deodorant 100Ml

75% off down to €1.13 online and in store

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=305051576

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Talisman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Went into a Tesco Extra for this today and aside from some Lindor eggs there was nothing but empty shelves. Asked a shop assistant and she doesnt think they'll be getting any more in. Pretty mad they are sold out on the Thursday before Easter Sunday and thats it, they must have underestimated how much chocolate people are eating during lockdown.

Went to Aldi and Lidl too, no easter eggs to be found there either bar 2 small creme eggs ones left on a pallet in Aldi.
    They don't sell out. The staff remove the majority of the eggs from the shelves on Wednesday night and they are returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Talisman wrote: »
    They don't sell out. The staff remove the majority of the eggs from the shelves on Wednesday night and they are returned.

Of all the daft conspiracy theories I’ve seen, that is right up there with the most ridiculous

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cadbury's Cream Eggs @ 20c each...........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

What?

I've worked in a couple of different supermarkets and this was never done.

I worked in one city centre supermarket, I was actually on the easter egg aisle on easter saturday and as soon as I'd walk out the stockroom doors I was mobbed, the trolley was empty before I'd get to the aisle . My whole day was stockroom ...shopfloor 10 paces , u turn, stockroom...we sold out by about 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Kat1170

What?

I worked in one city centre supermarket, I was actually on the easter egg aisle on easter saturday and as soon as I'd walk out the stockroom doors I was mobbed, the trolley was empty before I'd get to the aisle . My whole day was stockroom ...shopfloor 10 paces , u turn, stockroom...we sold out by about 4.

No, no, no. They were agents for the manufacturers returning the eggs from whence they came. If you haven't bought your eggs by Easter weekend you clearly don't deserve any.

True story. Heard it from Karen on Facebook who did extensive research on it last Tue lunchtime ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Talisman

What?

Happens in our local Tesco - the staff wheeled three trolleys full of the smaller eggs into the store room on Wednesday night while we were there. There were only a few of the larger eggs left in a corner of the shop on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So about those bargains...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,819 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Happens in our local Tesco - the staff wheeled three trolleys full of the smaller eggs into the store room on Wednesday night while we were there. There were only a few of the larger eggs left in a corner of the shop on Thursday morning.
    Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I can say that eggs are transferred between stores. We transferred a lot of eggs to the bigger tesco in the area last week, when they would have actually sold in our store.

Sorry for the non bargain post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snow Crash

Lindt Lindor White Chocolate Truffles Carton 200G half price starting tomorrow for €3.25

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265059450

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Mars and Twix multipacks €1.49 each or two for €3 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My local Tesco had half price toothpastes and Oral B Pulsar toothbrushes this evening.

Lily O'Briens The Desserts Collection
    50% off
    €4.75

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264883051

Lily O'Briens The Chocolate Collection
    50% off
    €4.92

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260776576

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CH3OH

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32968402

A new 3 for 3 euro offer starting tomorrow
    Belvita bars
    Robinson drinks
    Kit kat 2 finger 9 pack
    Tayto share bag S&V C&O
    Chocolate bars and multipacks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32968402

A new 3 for 3 euro offer starting tomorrow
    Belvita bars
    Robinson drinks
    Kit kat 2 finger 9 pack
    Tayto share bag S&V C&O
    Chocolate bars and multipacks

Seem to have switched the Tayto offer to multipack 6 bags

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CH3OH wrote: »
    Kit kat 2 finger 9 pack
    The kit kats are new to me. Sounds like its nutella like inside and the chocolate is flavoured

Nine bars of two crispy wafer fingers covered with hazelnut flavour milk chocolate (66%)

A delicious chocolate bar of 2 fingers of crispy wafer biscuit covered with smooth hazelnut spread flavoured chocolate.

And a honeycomb one
    Screen-Shot-2020-10-15-at-13.51.22-e1602771122495.png

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭mrtom

rubadub wrote: »
    The kit kats are new to me. Sounds like its nutella like inside and the chocolate is flavoured

Nine bars of two crispy wafer fingers covered with hazelnut flavour milk chocolate (66%)

A delicious chocolate bar of 2 fingers of crispy wafer biscuit covered with smooth hazelnut spread flavoured chocolate.

And a honeycomb one
    Looks good, it that snapped finger Honeycomb in the pic or another variety?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I've tried all of the new KitKats - hazelnut, orange, dark mint, honeycomb - none of them are anything to write home about. The only modification is a faint taste added to the outer chocolate. No extra swirl or pieces inside.

Will be sticking with the original!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

And a honeycomb one

I love the hazelnut one, but the honeycomb I thought was bitter or something, wouldn't buy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I loved the mocha ones they used to have. Thought the honeycomb was only okay and am usually a big honeycomb fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

I loved the mocha ones they used to have. Thought the honeycomb was only okay and am usually a big honeycomb fan.

Me too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83gLvDdSG8

The lemon drizzle kit kats are my favourite.

Tesco 200g pack of nachos are all 35cent. Cool, lightly salted and nacho cheese. I thought the nacho cheese ones were pretty good.

These same packs are 76p in the UK, so are probably one of these cheap things to compare favourably in price comparisons between supermarkets.

Like the 61cent pizza which has high stock levels in mine these days.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=300285831

These cod fillets are cheap
    Tesco 4 Breaded Cod Fillets 500G
    €1.69

Are there any other items people know of which are very cheap but not on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The lemon drizzle kit kats are my favourite.

Tesco 200g pack of nachos are all 35cent. Cool, lightly salted and nacho cheese. I thought the nacho cheese ones were pretty good.

These same packs are 76p in the UK, so are probably one of these cheap things to compare favourably in price comparisons between supermarkets.

Like the 61cent pizza which has high stock levels in mine these days.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=300285831

These cod fillets are cheap
    Tesco 4 Breaded Cod Fillets 500G
    €1.69

Are there any other items people know of which are very cheap but not on offer?

Their own brand poppadoms and naan breads are dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crayon80

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Their own brand chicken dippers For €1.39 are really nice... 100% chicken breast and battered, not breaded. Yum. Also, great prices on their own brand frozen veg - diced onions, mushrooms, peppers etc. All around 60c a bag.

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Their own brand chicken dippers For €1.39 are really nice... 100% chicken breast and battered, not breaded.
    Yes, they are often sold out while the breaded will be left. If you see that do not, repeat DO NOT get the breaded ones! they are rotten and nothing like the others at all.

The battered ones are on a par with birds eye. And I find them much better than lidl or aldis cheap battered versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Their own brand chicken dippers For €1.39 are really nice... 100% chicken breast and battered, not breaded. Yum. Also, great prices on their own brand frozen veg - diced onions, mushrooms, peppers etc. All around 60c a bag.

Is this them? As if it is it says they are made from “ Chopped and shaped chicken” which makes me think chicken Nuggets?

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271024465

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭con747

If I see "chopped and shaped" on chicken products it stays in the shop. Less fussy on fish though.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement