Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China delivery + vat ,aliexpress

• 01-04-2021 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all, I bought a garden tool from aliexpress and I got it delivered to my address pal because its faster to the UK,I know I would pay vat but it was only 10 euros so didn't mind,just got customs charges and they valued item at 26.87 and I am being taxed on it,the item was for sale online Instagram store for 35 so I thought I'll check aliexpress and sure enough exact same for 10 ,my question is why were they allowed up to price ,surely you pay vat on what you pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Auds22002 wrote: »
    Hi all, I bought a garden tool from aliexpress and I got it delivered to my address pal because its faster to the UK,I know I would pay vat but it was only 10 euros so didn't mind,just got customs charges and they valued item at 26.87 and I am being taxed on it,the item was for sale online Instagram store for 35 so I thought I'll check aliexpress and sure enough exact same for 10 ,my question is why were they allowed up to price ,surely you pay vat on what you pay?

You pay duty and VAT over the cost of the item plus shipping cost. If the invoice with the shipment does not clearly show the freight separately than the courier has to add freight cost as per the tariff they have filed with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Auds22002

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    You pay duty and VAT over the cost of the item plus shipping cost. If the invoice with the shipment does not clearly show the freight separately than the courier has to add freight cost as per the tariff they have filed with customs.

Thanks, still waiting for it to be delivered, will check it out, it was free shipping on my invoice so maybe they added to it .

Advertisement