Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Two PlayStations one account

Options
  • 07-04-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a PS4 pro. Currently I move it between my family home in Dublin and my apartment in Cork, I'm just debating buying a second one so I think negates the need for hauling it back and forth when I'm visiting home.
    I presume there's no issue with logging in to the second PS4 and having access to my games or am I being too optimistic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp should work fine like if one of the lads calls over, he signs into my PS4 with his login and has all his info. Just make sure you backup all saves to the cloud so you can easily download them to each console.

Thread title made me think 'i wonder where those 2 girls are now....'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You can, however, you can only set 1 console as primary (this can be swapped back and forth), this means that it will only auto upload saves and data from the primary console and doesn't actually keep both in sync. This is a pain if you forget to upload play data from the non primary console, you'd think this sync stuff would be standard in this day and age.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    you'd think this sync stuff would be standard in this day and age.

You should know better, Sony just want all the monies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

Kimbot wrote: »
    You should know better, Sony just want all the monies :P

If others use the one in the family home make sure you set it as primary.
    Basically on your primary everyone gets access to your ps plus and digital library, on the non primary only your account does.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

dudeeile wrote: »
    You can, however, you can only set 1 console as primary (this can be swapped back and forth), this means that it will only auto upload saves and data from the primary console and doesn't actually keep both in sync. This is a pain if you forget to upload play data from the non primary console, you'd think this sync stuff would be standard in this day and age.

So manually upload save data for each game? Fair enough, it does seem archaic but I suppose there's method to their madness, do I need PS Plus for this to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

So manually upload save data for each game? Fair enough, it does seem archaic but I suppose there's method to their madness, do I need PS Plus for this to work?

Cloud saving is PS Plus only.

Advertisement