Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-45928722

PSNI set the record straight and deny Higgins story that they were involved in giving security advice to use the jet to Belfast.

Someone's telling porkies. Let the fun begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,815 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-45928722

PSNI set the record straight and deny Higgins story that they were involved in giving security advice to use the jet to Belfast.

No, the PSNI didn't make any comment on what Higgins said.

The accusation that he was lying is coming from a 'source' within the PSNI.

Strange one to be honest

Why wouldn't people who identify as Irish be given a vote here? Did you not agree with the GFA? Do you agree with partition?

Nothing to do with GFA- everything to do with contributing to this economy. I'm anti-vote for people not resident in Republic of Ireland. Why should I be subject to the opinions of people not living in and contributing to this country?
    If you want to vote, come back and live here. Simple.

Nothing to do with GFA- everything to do with contributing to this economy. I'm anti-vote for people not resident in Republic of Ireland. Why should I be subject to the opinions of people not living in and contributing to this country?

So you would have to be employed and paying taxes to have a vote? Why not go all out like they did in the north and only allow property owners to vote?

I think we could allow people to vote in Presidential elections without any great impact or import.

So you would have to be employed and paying taxes to have a vote? Why not go all out like they did in the north and only allow property owners to vote?

I think we could allow people to vote in Presidential elections without any great impact or import.

I'm not going into the specifics this evening in terms of terms of conditions. What i don't like is people living outside of the state permanently having a say on Irish affairs.
    BTW unemployed people living in Ireland can contribute much more to Irish Society than those employed- so no, I wasn't nor did i ever suggest that, so less of the 2+2=6 please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Always remember

Gannicus wrote: »
    Always remember

Yeah, saw that earlier- love that comparison- great photo blend.:P

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was that the one about planning objection from 1968 or something?

If so, I remember thinking "well that is easily proved or disproved"....how come no media folk followed up on that the next day? Heard nothing about it since.

Has it been proven to be wrong (or a lie?). Maybe PC was given wrong information by an advisor and was simply repeating what he was told? I'm sure he doesn't do all his own research.

They did. And Galway Co Co know nothing about it.

It was a lie. Casey says it isn't and has yet to clarify.

I'm not going into the specifics this evening in terms of terms of conditions. What i don't like is people living outside of the state permanently having a say on Irish affairs.
    BTW unemployed people living in Ireland can contribute much more to Irish Society than those employed- so no, I wasn't nor did i ever suggest that, so less of the 2+2=6 please.

Well maybe don't phrase your 'condition' as 'contributing to the economy'. Okie doke?

Well maybe don't phrase your 'condition' as 'contributing to the economy'. Okie doke?

you're the one who interpreted what i said - hokey dokie franckie baby?

• Advertisement

you're the one who interpreted what i said - hokey dokie franckie baby?

There are thousands who navigate the country following their county and club teams, they contribute to our 'economy' if they asked for a vote, why wouldn't you let them?

See how quickly your 'condition' comes unstuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

There are thousands who navigate the country following their county and club teams, they contribute to our 'economy' if they asked for a vote, why wouldn't you let them?

I’ve seen some clutching at straws through the years but....

Thanks. I thought I was going mad.:p

They 'contribute to the economy' though. What is clutching about that?

They 'contribute to the economy' though. What is clutching about that?

STOP MISQUOTING MY POSTS FOR YOUR OWN END

STOP MISQUOTING MY POSTS FOR YOUR OWN END

Ive reported your post. It's in the hands of the AH mods now. thanks. :)

Fair enough. I have no idea why you won't stand over what you very clearly said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

464247.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The amount of hate that NPC meme gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 terminator2018

464247.jpg
    ch."wrong"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

It seems the worm has finally started to turn, the media this morning seem to have finally made some timid attempts at airing MDH's skeleton closet.
    Of course this has only come about after the massive swift in support for PC after his infamous comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

854 votes here so far, and still 55% support for Casey, interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

854 votes here so far, and still 55% support for Casey, interesting.

Meanwhile over in the professional opinion polls he's in last place at 2pct.

I think we all know which poll will be closer to the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Phoebas wrote: »
    Meanwhile over in the professional opinion polls he's in last place at 2pct.

I think we all know which poll will be closer to the mark.

For some reason the media keep running that headline as news, but if you look at the small print its data up until the 16th.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    For some reason the media keep running that headline as news, but if you look at the small print its data up until the 16th.

It's the latest poll. There is no 'small print' Any accompanying article gives the dates on which it was conducted and says very clearly that it was before Casey's generalised remarks.

Always the conspiracy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Nobody likes a tout

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

eeepaulo wrote: »

The reason the media are running it as news is because a week out from the vote, the result of a national opinion poll is news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

dates on which it was conducted and says very clearly that it was before Casey's generalised remarks.

But would these slightly poplist/popular (but yet contraversial) remarks have aided him, or hindered that's perhaps the big question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement