Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-04-2011, 22:21   #46
seyeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
If it can run BC2 happily it should run BF3 happily according to Dice.
I've read that before - it'll be interesting to see if it holds true. They'd need to do a lot of optimising for 64 players with air and ground vehicles on larger, more destructible maps to run similarly to the 32 player shoebox maps in BC2.
Advertisement
11-04-2011, 22:36   #47
Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyeM View Post
I've read that before - it'll be interesting to see if it holds true. They'd need to do a lot of optimising for 64 players with air and ground vehicles on larger, more destructible maps to run similarly to the 32 player shoebox maps in BC2.
I'm skeptical of it myself. They've had 18 months to optimize, and they've cut out the DX9 path, and made it DX10/11 only, which can't hurt, but increased destruction, map size and player count can only cost resources.
18-04-2011, 16:12   #48
Spunge

Id say id definitely need to upgrade to a quad core or something with all that even more destructible stuff. As it stands my fps can drop into the 30s and 20s with my dual-core e7200, no matter what graphics or resolution i use (in BC2).
18-04-2011, 16:23   #49
sink

Send a message via MSN to sink
Sweet spot for gaming rigs is roughly ~€800 excluding peripherals. If you can afford that your can get a really nice rig that will handle everything you throw at, no compromises at 1080p.
19-04-2011, 20:09   #50
ShadowHearth

I just happy, so happy that one thing is deffenetly going in - destructible environment!

Now I hope there will be squad system like in bc2. It makes playing with friends so much better.

Hardcore fans hate bc2, but I love it. I played bf2 and I can't say it was so epic... It was good, but not epic. So if bf3 will have bc2 flavour then I will be happy enough.

LAN, dedicated servers etc is a different story.
Advertisement
22-04-2011, 00:38   #51
Zomg Okay

Quote:
No, nothing rude, just wondering about things such as why they pander to the selfish and unproductive elements of the player base by continuing to provide a sniper class in a team based multiplayer game. Or why they botched the PC release of BF1943.
Hey, I happen to be a very good team sniper, thank you very much. We aren't all selfish morons worrying about KD.

Last edited by Zomg Okay; 22-04-2011 at 00:40.
Thanks from:
22-04-2011, 08:58   #52
Blazer

I hate people who hate snipers...more importantly I hate people who complain snipers don't know how to play a game properly, then spawn on me where I'm hidden behind an enemy location and proceed to fire full auto at the enemy thus giving away our position asap thus losing an invaluable spawn point.
True they are people out there who don't know how to properly use the sniper class...but there's way more frakking morons out there who don't know how to use the sniper players in their team to their advantage.
There's a reason you were able to capture that base with no problems..mostly because a) I spotted the enemy for you and b) I shot the fúckers who were creeping up behind you for a sneaky knife kill.

Great laugh listening to my clan mates when they're thinking tag and boom...headshot ...cue torrent of abuse my way.
But woe betide anyone in my squad spawning on me and going all rambo asap..they get a bollicking..
Thanks from:
22-04-2011, 15:42   #53
Zomg Okay

Yeah, its ridiculous how difficult it can be to snipe as part of a squad of random players.

Never ceases to amaze me how much difficulty some people have grasping the concept of a sniper wanting to be invisible until he takes the shot.
22-04-2011, 22:15   #54
InTheTrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc@recrow View Post
spawn on me where I'm hidden behind an enemy location and proceed to fire full auto at the enemy thus giving away our position asap thus losing an invaluable spawn point.
Yes, funny.

They'll stand right beside you. The only way is to make your own squad.
Advertisement
25-04-2011, 16:35   #55
Spear

EA have already found a new use for the FB 2.0 engine.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...te-2-game.aspx

although they say unannounced I suspect it's MoH2.
26-04-2011, 12:09   #56
alex1997123

pc requirements

whats the pc requirements
26-04-2011, 13:19   #57
gilberto_eire

Quote:
EA have already found a new use for the FB 2.0 engine.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...te-2-game.aspx

although they say unannounced I suspect it's MoH2.
It's a third person though.... could be something entirely new.
26-04-2011, 15:31   #58
Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
It's a third person though.... could be something entirely new.
Good point, I overlooked that. Makes me genuinely curious as to what it is then. The FB engine isn't exactly modding friendly or too portable, so they wouldn't throw an inexperienced team at it, or waste the effort and resources on a franchise that didn't warrant it. There was a third person C&C shooter canned a while back, maybe a second go at that?
26-04-2011, 16:05   #59
5uspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1997123 View Post
whats the pc requirements
Nothing solid yet but apparently the devs have said that if you can run BC2 comfortably you can run BF3.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion