Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2008, 21:39   #31
Aoibheann

Send a message via MSN to Aoibheann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echani View Post
I'm Alan,
I'm a 1st year RCSI grad medicine student, graduated from UCD with a BA in philosophy in 2006. It's coming up to exam time, so I'm back checking out all the boards I registered on last year in the run up to the GAMSAT
hey! you're one of our GEMs them? It must be pretty hectic for you guys with so much to cover in each semester, thought we had it pretty bad! I'm in first med (undergraduate.. thought I'd be doing premed as I mentioned here, but it seems that having 2 or more sciences lets you go right into first year.. which is great, until you realise that it's January 6th and you've got very little done for the exams in a week's time.. )
Advertisement
06-01-2008, 22:11   #32

Echani, I have a feeling I've talked to you before...I'm also known as Dr Noodle Go study! Good luck in your exams guys
12-01-2008, 23:50   #33

Well dont wirte in here to often as Im generally not great with medical advice.

Im panda and a fifth year medical student in UCD. I dont particularly like medicine and went into it because I didnt want to waste my high points,just being honest. Saying that there are some aspects of my course such as public health, legal med and medical ethics which I find really intresting,so If they come up on here I shall comment on them
13-01-2008, 17:18   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoibheann Brady View Post
hey! you're one of our GEMs them? It must be pretty hectic for you guys with so much to cover in each semester, thought we had it pretty bad! I'm in first med (undergraduate.. thought I'd be doing premed as I mentioned here, but it seems that having 2 or more sciences lets you go right into first year.. which is great, until you realise that it's January 6th and you've got very little done for the exams in a week's time.. )
Yup I'm one of the reclusive GEPs that live either in Sandyford or the library, occasionally popping in to prod a cadaver I dunno what the workload difference is between the 4-5 year courses; we had 8 modules this semester which seems to be more than enough, but the grads who started in UCD last year had something like 10 in their 2nd semester, so it could be worse! Anyway hope the exams are going well, and even if they're not then I hope they're going quickly
Quote:
Echani, I have a feeling I've talked to you before...I'm also known as Dr Noodle Go study! Good luck in your exams guys
That sig looked familiar alright, you certainly get around
14-01-2008, 13:31   #35
Aoibheann

Send a message via MSN to Aoibheann
Ah, we have 6 modules instead of the 8.. god, 10 must be pretty awful! :/
and this morning's exam was.. well, horrible! I totally blanked! Ah well, it was always going to be my worst one.. roll on the rest!
Advertisement
14-01-2008, 23:36   #36

hey I just started medicine in UCD and am fairly new to boards-only just discovered this biology and medicine forum. Will pop in here quite a lot over the next few years probably, it's got some interesting stuff!
15-01-2008, 00:13   #37

I'm Psi.

I'm currently attending in gastroenterology and hepatology in a US University Hospital. I've qualifications in GI Physiology/Drug Delivery, Immunology, Infectious Disease and Epidemiology. I'm part of a multi-disciplinary international translation-research team focusing on IBD and mucosal disease.

My specific interests are:

Physiology of Gut Associate Lymphoid Tissue
Football
Mucosal Drug Delivery
White Water Rafting
Fibrosis and Stricturing in Crohn's Disease
GI Wound Healing
Snowboarding
IBD associated Septicemia
Survival Trekking
Cooking

I look far too young for my own good and it leads to lots and lots of problems professionally. I can still pull hot people much younger than me though.

I hate stupidity and can't stand people misportraying medical and scientific information.
I'm nice really though.
22-01-2008, 22:13   #38

Heya, I'm steph

I'm a final year radiography student. Hoping to stay on next year to do a masters/phd.

My main areas of interest are currently dose to radiographers and radiologists and the PACs management/data protection.

Other than that I founded Radsoc so i'm heavily involved in its running.
25-01-2008, 19:24   #39

How's it goin. SexyIrish should have been SexyIrishLeprechaun but there's a name limit size Many people call me jus Conor tho, and it's mostly men. Women usually don't have a problem calling me Sexy

I have a BSC Hons in Bioanalysis from Tallaght since June and I work in DCU now (i know right, out of the crapper and into the ****hole, right ). I wanna do a phd at some point, but I'm starting to fall in love with money

I like Soccer, American Football, movies, long walks on the beach &c&c. Nice to meet ye all.
Advertisement
25-01-2008, 21:16   #40

I'm Bec, 20 year old law trainee who's worked PT with the HSE for 3 years. I've been working in the ED PT for two years and I must say I rather like it. It's polar opposite to my main love (criminal law) but it lets me experience and learn new things on a daily basis. Thankful to still have my job tbh, considering the cutback rumblings.
25-01-2008, 21:19   #41

Don't worry Bec, I imagine lawyers are the last thing the HSE will be cutting back on in the coming years.....
25-01-2008, 21:21   #42

Hey banzai something I was wondering the other day- what happens if a patient who comes into casualty doesn't have a medical card and doesn't have any money on them?

Oh and there's a change in my status, I'm definitely starting medicine in September. Got an offer for Peninsula Medical School in the UK yesterday but still hoping to get a place at RCSI this year
25-01-2008, 21:26   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi View Post
Don't worry Bec, I imagine lawyers are the last thing the HSE will be cutting back on in the coming years.....
LOL, only too true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
Hey banzai something I was wondering the other day- what happens if a patient who comes into casualty doesn't have a medical card and doesn't have any money on them?
They're billed using our super cool bill book, just use one of their small stickers to get the adress etc. Bill is sent out by the admins once the patient is registered so they generally have it in 2/3 days. If it's unpaid after 2wks the "final notice" is sent out, this can go on infintly from what I've seen.
25-01-2008, 21:40   #44

So they could easily give the wrong address? (note to self) just kidding
25-01-2008, 21:41   #45

Yup! Happens all the time with the same reccuring patients. It's like fighting a losing battle.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion