Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dan786 wrote: »
    PS4 Pro with Days Gone for 129 when you trade in any PS4 console and 3 games. Long list includes some old cheap titles. Might be of use to someone.

Game list:
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Views/Locale/Content/Docs/PS4_PRO_TRADE_UPGRADE_OFFER_INCLUSION_LISTX5_Ireland.pdf

Anyone pray tell what the old cheapest titles are.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have some of the games on the list. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade deal myself. I've a load of games on a hard drive - is it just a matter of plugging the hard drive into the pro and they'll work or do I need to do a data transfer with a lan cable for it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I have some of the games on the list. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade deal myself. I've a load of games on a hard drive - is it just a matter of plugging the hard drive into the pro and they'll work or do I need to do a data transfer with a lan cable for it to work?

No, hard drives are tied to the console it is used on, even externals. To transfer the stuff you will need to do a data transfer or reinstall everything you want on the new console and retrieve your saves from the cloud back up if you have Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Does Argos have Days Gone for sale, can't see it on their website? How much is it?

No, hard drives are tied to the console it is used on, even externals. To transfer the stuff you will need to do a data transfer or reinstall everything you want on the new console and retrieve your saves from the cloud back up if you have Plus.

Ah shït. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Manutd623 wrote: »
    Does Argos have Days Gone for sale, can't see it on their website? How much is it?

I saw it on their in-store computer last week for 60 euro. I noticed it wasn't on their website either so checked when I was in there and they had it. No idea of stock levels or price now though.

According to this article you can

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps4-external-hard-drive-transfer-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The vanishing of Ethan Carter is 3 euro on PSN. Worth a play through?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

AFAIK, hard drives are tied to the profile/psn account you do the backup and not the console.
    You can't backup and restore into different profiles (I've tried and I couldn't)

So, if you have the same PSN account, you should have no problem

chonix wrote: »
    AFAIK, hard drives are tied to the profile/psn account you do the backup and not the console.
    You can't backup and restore into different profiles (I've tried and I couldn't)

So, if you have the same PSN account, you should have no problem

Can confirm - picked up the pro over the weekend.

I ended up subbing to PS Plus to back up my game save data, and backed up the games to an external hard drive.

Had games from multiple profiles (US, UK, Indonesia etc), and these all appeared with a lock symbol on them, until i added those profiles in as new users. All working now, no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Any good bargains on PS+? I'm due to renew in 2 days, and while I've no issue paying €60, if I can get it cheaper, I will! Should have stacked during the sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Flash sale on the US and Canadian PSN store

Sorry, should have clarified, any good deals on an Irish PS+. I don't do the multiple account thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Any good bargains on PS+? I'm due to renew in 2 days, and while I've no issue paying €60, if I can get it cheaper, I will! Should have stacked during the sales...

Press start are €44 and cd keys are €47 iirc.

Sorry, should have clarified, any good deals on an Irish PS+. I don't do the multiple account thing.

No worries, I wasn’t replying to your post anyway. I usually post on here if there is a flash sale for those of us who have US accounts

Press start are €44 and cd keys are €47 iirc.

And bought from Press Start. In the space of 2 minutes I had my code redeemed and saved myself €16, sound! Now, what game to spend that €16 on!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

What is the difference between a US account as opposed to any other?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

Nemanrio wrote: »
    What is the difference between a US account as opposed to any other?
    You can have multiple accounts on a PS4. Main difference are price advantages and sales you won't see in another stores.
    I'd suggest to have a look at https://psprices.com/. Filter by US region and compare the prices in different stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Limbo is a great game for 3 squids. A really fun puzzle platformer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Tomb Raider for a fiver is well worth the money. My guess is anybody who wanted it already got it, but if not it's there now...

Seems like Shadow of War is down to €16, and a quick Google shows me they've removed MT's, so it may be worth picking up now. I really enjoyed the first one, but didn't dip into the second because of the MT crap.

DIRT Rally VR is there for €8, tempted by that even though it's supposed to be hard as nails. Could be worth it for the VR though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Seems like Shadow of War is down to €16, and a quick Google shows me they've removed MT's, so it may be worth picking up now. I really enjoyed the first one, but didn't dip into the second because of the MT crap.

DIRT Rally VR is there for €8, tempted by that even though it's supposed to be hard as nails. Could be worth it for the VR though...

Dirty Rally is cracking, both flat and VR. It is tough tho, definitely more racing sim than arcade racer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think it's 21 for the full edition with all the DLC. I loved the first, couldn't really get into the second one, and I did go into it after the MTs were removed. Probably just burned out from open world games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

chrislad wrote: »
    I think it's 21 for the full edition with all the DLC. I loved the first, couldn't really get into the second one, and I did go into it after the MTs were removed. Probably just burned out from open world games.

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly the same as the first. Not bad at all, but nothing new. I've played worse though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

Not everyone’s cup of tea but Kingdom Hearts 3 is at its lowest price since launch at 25€ (that was fast?!) in Argos

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9197017/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+games%7C37328632.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I know friends who were waiting on Kingdom Hearts 3 for years that were incredibly disappointed, in particular with the difficulty level. I played one years ago on an early gen and it never gelled with me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

njcarey wrote: »

Jesus that’s cheap considering it just came out what feels like weeks ago.

If I wasn’t spending pretty much all my time in Division 2 right now along with Dauntless releasing I’d be all over that tbh.

But it’ll drop further but the time I want/have time to play it so I’ll pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Jesus that’s cheap considering it just came out what feels like weeks ago.

If I wasn’t spending pretty much all my time in Division 2 right now along with Dauntless releasing I’d be all over that tbh.

But it’ll drop further but the time I want/have time to play it so I’ll pass.

Even if it's Shh I'm gonna chance it for that price.

Advertisement