Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best game on ps4

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's a fair shout. I would have played CV way back when in the 16bit days, what's the gist of the new one in terms of play?

You've seriously not played symphony of the night? It's basically the perfect marriage of metroid and action RPG. It's just one of the greatest games ever made.

Other
    Always thought that I was someone who liked playing the big story games and that gameplay was secondary, which is still probably mostly true.

But from moving from MGSV and God of War to rdr2 I realise how incredibly important gameplay and mechanics are to me, and if they are not fluid and intuitive then I will not like the game.

So mgsv and god of war for me.

God of war might be the only game I played for some time after finishing story mode because I wanted to beat but the Valkyrie and other challenges. I never bother with that stuff but the mechanics allowed you to become so good. Even though I wasn't mad on the story...

Must got witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

I've played most of the games mentioned on here but the winners for me are horizon zero dawn and Nier Automata

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You've seriously not played symphony of the night? It's basically the perfect marriage of metroid and action RPG. It's just one of the greatest games ever made.

hmm must check it out.. it's dropped down to €10 recently too

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/2556762/castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Never even heard if it til I read yer post tbh :pac:

Will add it to the list for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

Witcher 3
    Assassins creed origins
    Uncharted 4

In that order, still to play rdr2 , horizon and blood borne if I have the patience

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

"Other" is the best game(s) for me

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

God of war
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night is on PS4.

Therefore every one of you is wrong by default.

Symphony of the night is great and it's the best castlevania game . Not a big fan of the second castle though . Do you think it's better than Super Metroid. I personally think they are both great but Metriod shades it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

For my personal PS4 list in no order.

AstroBot
    Firewall
    Spiderman
    Horizon
    God of War

Special mention of Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Symphony of the night is great and it's the best castlevania game . Not a big fan of the second castle though . Do you think it's better than Super Metroid. I personally think they are both great but Metriod shades it

Sophie's choice.

Sotn has all the incredible depth and weirdness you can experiment with while Metroid is just such a tightly designed game.

If go for Metroid but couldn't argue with you if you said sotn was better

• Advertisement
Advertisement