Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 3

• 17-04-2019 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hI

my PlayStation 2 finally died,,,So i just bought a PS3.....
    So The question is.....
    Can i just buy some ps3 Games on discs cd ...
    and plug and play like i did with my ps2..........As I am completely not interested in doing anything on line with it....and using any of the extras....
    I don't want to do anything except put a disc in from time to time and play the game off line
    So im also not interested in joining the online gaming community....
    i dont want to compete , or play against anyone.........I want to play the games on the easiest settings and even do it on cheat if i can......

so the question is, is this possible on ps3..... Maybe i should have asked before i bought one.....
    but hey it didn't cost me much.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i think at this stage of its life, CEX would be the best bet for physical games. Dont know of any other shops still selling physical ps3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 vajrasattva

Thank you very much that,s a good Place for me to start...
    any heads up on any first person games.....

thank you for your time bud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

If you’re based in Dublin there’s a shop on talbot street called Bookmart.
    They sell Ps3 games.

Thank you BigMac
    I will check them out .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

borderlands, fallout, saints row, gta 4 and 5, just cause, farcry 3, assassins creed, uncharted series, lego games.

Thats just me though.

• Advertisement

Well I did ask you
    so that,s fine .... I will Look them up ....And thanks very much for your time in replying to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

To add, some games may require an update, but just connect your PS3 to your Wi-Fi (Ethernet preferably) and it should download the updates once you insert the disc. For online gaming, you most likely won't find many still playing on PS3.

Games, aside from the ones mentioned above, and keeping with the FPS genre, I recommend the following:

Bioshock 1 & 2, Borderlands 1 & 2, the first couple of Killzone games were good too, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series (some people will include the Black Ops series too), Half Life 2 (usually found in The Orange Box game), Battlefield 4 and/or Bad Company 2, Portal 1 & 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fallout 3, Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Darkness (if you like violence and gore), Far Cry 3. Nearly all taken from this link. You've a great library of games to look forward to!

Hey Monke
    Thanks allot for your time and that you replied too me....
    I will look up Those games.....
    i was also told that thairs a shop cex i can buy them cheap online so i will start Going through the list .... and see whats what.....

I t warms my heart that people are willing to go out of thair way to help out an old duffer like me to get sorted

:)

Hey Monke And Dirty B
    Iv gone through the list of games you gave me , And went on CEX....
    They have most of nthem for sale at not much......So i can get one or two a month for the nex few months......
    Thair is something i wanted to ask you guys.....
    On some of the games it says no DLC..................
    Will i still be able to play the game...Or will it want le to buy something else when i put the disk in.....Ir is it something that will download for free like an app...............
    Plwase forgive my ignorance hear,,,,, As all this is totaly new to me ....

thanks from bud

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hey Monke And Dirty B
    Iv gone through the list of games you gave me , And went on CEX....
    They have most of nthem for sale at not much......So i can get one or two a month for the nex few months......
    Thair is something i wanted to ask you guys.....
    On some of the games it says no DLC..................
    Will i still be able to play the game...Or will it want le to buy something else when i put the disk in.....Ir is it something that will download for free like an app...............
    Plwase forgive my ignorance hear,,,,, As all this is totaly new to me ....

thanks from bud

DLC is downloadable content and usually comes with a new game, however since you are buying second hand the DLC code could have been used by the original owner.
    Also some DLC will be free to download, while you will have to pay for other DLC.

You can still play the base game with no issue.

• Advertisement

Thank You Very much fingers......

That has made things allot clearer to me......
    At the wnd of the day i will play whats there on the campaign level.....
    Its something i do to chill out in evening b4 bed for an hr..... a bit like reading a crap but relaxing book.....
    So i can buy the games regardless even if they say no DLC....Thats all i wanted to know...

Thanks again from bud

Advertisement