Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nacho Cheese Sauce

• 08-01-2006 4:50am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to find out how to make cheese sauce like the one you get in UCI cinema and other cinemas with nachos.

thanks in advance

Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

;_; But it's yukky.

I think it's basically melted processed cheese, like easy singles. When I make cheesy nachos I make a roux with butter and flour, add some milk, beer if I have it, cayenne and cheddar. Serve with LOADS of jalapeños!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup - I would say a block of Galtee melted with some milk in a bowl (via a microwave and stirred frequently, or in a bowl over a pan of water) would be the closest you might come to the rather nasty confection they serve up as "cheese".

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

The nachos cheese sauce used in UCI and in Eddie Rockets (for cheese fries) is Casa Fiesta Cheese sauce and comes in a 3kg tin and is only available from a cash and carry (Musgraves/BWG/Stonehouse). It will cost you approx €10 per tin and cannot be frozen so have a crew around and use it up within a few days or hours;) . Many people have tried and failed to copy it(e.g. bechamel sauce).

It's made in the USA and is specially imported.

Hope this helps Lucifer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

There's no cheese in Bechamel. You mean Mornay. Also, it tastes a hell of a lot better than that shoite. :v:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Oops!! :D

Well spotted should be mornay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

You can get it in jars in lidl or aldi cant remember which and yes it is casa fiesta as far as i can remember:D or something very similar just heat it up a bit

Advertisement