Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boat yard with scrap / parts

• 23-11-2020 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all, wondering if anyone knows of a boat yard that might have scrap / parts in Galway / Limerick / Clare?

I'm looking for an small old outboard, just want the prop, shaft and gearbox - engine doesn't matter.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Ask any of the local fishermen or outboard repair shops they are bound to have one sitting in a corner I know I have a good collection of them :) if your ever up my way, might also be worth putting a request in the local free adds for an old engine lots of them about for very little money or free for a non runner if you don't need reverse maybe a seagull engine will do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fergal.b wrote: »
    maybe a seagull engine will do.

Any Seagull I ever see now, no matter how rickety, corroded and shabby looking it is, I'll alway think that if Fergal had it for a few weeks, it couldwould be brought back to show room pristine condition....

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Put an add / request, in the boating section, of Done Deal

Advertisement