Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE - head to correct thread if you want to discuss masks again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wonder which one will get the interview with Tubs tonight, it was terrible Ryan, we're under so much pressure we let our guard down, blah blah blah

Boggles wrote: »
    Teddible Joe.

They stood for a picture, they should be fired Joe.

Teddible.

Is that about it?

well they were the ones with Videos front and centre of people OUTSIDE, thus stirring the pot of fear..It looks harmless in a normal world but dems the rules as we understood it...let those who are without sin and all that..by jasus RTE are throwing stones all year....Let them have their humble pie now sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Jesus are these people really that thick or just brass necked to do this?

After everything that has happened.

They are the Pigs who took over animal farm.

all animals are equal except miriam and dobson who are more equal than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Citizen2011

can you imagine them last week extra giddy with the election looking bad for Trump and all self-righteous and pontificating to the fools who'd be daft enough to listed to any opinion from the Pigs in teh trough brigade in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Archeron wrote: »
    I've come to hate Rte so much over the past few months that sometimes I think I might turn into the incredible hulk. Shower of Nphet pandering manipulative asshats. Then they have the gall to run that recent ad about how they speak the truth. I've seen first hand since March with my own elderly dad how they just try to instill a never ending cycle of fear and misery. I would happily see rte shut down for good.

I agree. That ad is awful. The funny part is when they use Twitter and Facebook as sources themselves on every news story.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Dangerously stupid anti science nonsense.

Is there is something wrong with you, like seriously?

Good old Boggles, never saw a government policy they didn't like and feel the need to come on boards to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

sabat wrote: »
    Good old Boggles, never saw a government policy they didn't like and feel the need to come on boards to support.

I have literally no idea what you are talking about?

Are you okay?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭buried

That advert for themselves where they portray themselves as the one and only trustworthy outlet for information, with the young lady on her laptop is a complete and utter laughable joke.
    You can bet your house and your children that if the RTE journalists were the first to be given the scoop about Clifdengate, they wouldn't have touched it with a 200 foot bargepole.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Glurrl

“short impromptu gathering”

Impromptu - done without being planned, organized, or rehearsed.

Do they usually have pictures of the lady and balloons plastered all over the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

buried wrote: »
    That advert for themselves where they portray themselves as the one and only trustworthy outlet for information, with the young lady on her laptop is a complete and utter laughable joke.
    You can bet your house and your children that if the RTE journalists were the first to be given the scoop about Clifdengate, they wouldn't have touched it with a 200 foot bargepole.

Absolutely. RTE garbling of the CervicalCheck story out of all proportion which whipped the population into a total frenzy indicates that they can't be trusted to story properly. Though, in fairness to RTE much of the media got that one arseways too.

• Advertisement

Glurrl wrote: »
    “short impromptu gathering”

Impromptu - done without being planned, organized, or rehearsed.

Do they usually have pictures of the lady and balloons plastered all over the place?

it looks like a party to me and that constitutes a breach and fines end of story, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

All their heads should roll. Just like golfgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

NONE of them are worth a fraction of what they are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

One of the sad effects of Trump is that so many Irish people defend CNN. When before CNN was viewed as tabloid rubbish to us. The worst kind of media.

that's literally the exact opposite of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

absolutely fuming when i seen this story. these people on rte every night scaring the ****e of people on about covid stories and they got a lot of air time covering the golfgate scandal in galway with the td's

sack every single one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Yeap, one rule for them and another for the rest of us...

Which of them haven't broken the rules yet?

Politicians: Make the rules then break them.
    Judges: Judge those who break the rules and imprison them.
    EU commissioners: The rules don't apply to me.
    National broadcasters: Report on the rules government made, preach them, tell us all how we must stick with the rules, then break them...

Am I missing something? Standing beside someone for a photo is not in breech of Covid measures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Am I missing something? Standing beside someone for a photo is not in breech of Covid measures

Are you dumb ?
    They were not practicing social distancing, and none had masks on
    Plus we we told no unnessary partys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm more amused by it than outraged. They've been preaching from their high horses for months yet behind the scenes they appear to be as blaise as the next person.
    Each photo was probably less than 5 seconds, David McCullagh and Eileen Dunne look a bit uneasy, the others less so.

But my mother sent a text earlier and she was quite annoyed by it, she would watch rte nightly, to the point during the spring I could see it wasn't healthy for her. After months of listening to their fear she now is wondering why she's bothering. The people she trusted for advice have let her down.

Are you dumb ?
    They were not practicing social distancing, and none had masks on
    Plus we we told no unnessary partys

Standing beside someone briefly is not against rules.
    Face masks are not mandatory in private workplaces.
    The optics look terrible, but not breaking any actual rules

• Advertisement

Unless you have been living like a hermit for the last 6 months you would notice these markings on the ground inside and outside shops. They are 2 metres apart and its called SOCIAL DISTANCING. it would apply to photos also....

Is that you dobbo? Didnt know you were a boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Teddible Joe.

They stood for a picture, they should be fired Joe.

Teddible.

Is that about it?

They stood together on a mat saying keep your distance.
    Dr Sally thinks it's scandalous

duffysfarm wrote: »
    Is that you dobbo? Didnt know you were a boardsie

The reason the rules are applied in public areas is that it cannot be known who is in contact with whom when. In a private setting where access is controlled it is not the same. Not saying the behaviour wasn’t ill judged, just that it did not contravene guidelines

If you look at the pictures on the irish times website there are baloons and someone holding a coloured paper cup. Would this be a normal day at work for rte or was there a going away party for the perosn leaving?
    The reason the rules are applied in public areas is that it cannot be known who is in contact with whom when. In a private setting where access is controlled it is not the same. Not saying the behaviour wasn’t ill judged, just that it did not contravene guidelines

Private workplace with baloons and ehat looks like drinks? Sure you could say the same about sean o rourke when he attended the golf dinner in galway.

If i were him inwould not be happy.

Now that i say it maybe he took the pictires.....

Q

If you look at the pictures on the irish times website there are baloons and someone holding a coloured paper cup. Would this be a normal day at work for rte or was there a going away party for the perosn leaving?

You can have a cup of coffee, socially distant, with balloons to recognise the occasion, and pose for a brief photo without contravening guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I am sick to death of all these breaches....they all need to go...

The Politicians, the Judges and the RTE crew....

They are funded from public money and there are is a position of trust and influence, for the rest of us...

Get rid of the lot of them, as they have no respect for what all of us, who are trying to follow the rules, are doing, including people who have lost close friends and relatives without the possibility to say goodbye.....

I'm sure if I stood around in my work place, clearing break strict health and safety guidelines, after organising a party, I would be severely reprimanded...

Well its time to say goodbye to this shower of ........

Edit:- I can only assume RTE actually have a health and safety policy around covid?? I know our company has a quite detailed policy and what is allowed and not, including travel to and from work.

We dont know what was in the cups but we do know they didnt social distance, that is quite obvious.
    You can have a cup of coffee, socially distant, with balloons to recognise the occasion, and pose for a brief photo without contravening guidelines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Private workplace with baloons and ehat looks like drinks? Sure you could say the same about sean o rourke when he attended the golf dinner in galway.

If i were him inwould not be happy.

Now that i say it maybe he took the pictires.....

Q

That's true

Who leaked the photos anyway?

Balloons, plastic cups, cakes

Probably on the wine as well.

Who's in charge there?

Wondering who the fall guy will be?

Apology won't be enough, older crowd really annoyed by it

They'll have to serve someone up

Advertisement